PokéBank: Extra boxes on Playerdex for long term storage.

thunderclap

Youngster
Today's suggestion:
PokéBank™: 'Long-term' pokemon storage boxes, accessible only from Playerdex. This would be useful for players who've filled their 36 boxes already, or who dislike clutter.

This would be better than the current undesirable methods of using Global Link / Release / Alternate Account boxes for extra storage. We have unlimited space in Release/Global Link so I propose unlimited additional long-term storage boxes as well.

While some players might prefer just adding more boxes in-game, realistically we can't have an unlimited number of boxes accessible in game, and this solution would allow for unlimited boxes. Although additional in-game boxes would definitely be the most desirable solution due to their supreme convenience and accessibility.

Furthermore, I propose an option on Playerdex to quickly re-number our boxes (eg. box 2 becomes box 37 long term storage; box 37 was empty so now box 2 is empty).

I'm sure many players other than myself such as @Ramensnoodle and @gingerprimarina would appreciate this feature.

Thanks for your consideration ;)

Last edited:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
From my understanding of how the current box system works, a "box renumbering" feature could potentially be implemented - the difficulty would be less to do with the database, and more to do with adding the support for it to the Playerdex itself. Nevertheless, it's something I'd like us to look into, as I can see how it'd give some real organisational power.

As for the Pokébank idea itself - I'm on the fence regarding this, mainly because as mentioned before, Pokémon can easily be released and unreleased and there is currently no cap on the release box, meaning that Pokémon that a player doesn't intend to use in the near term can be easily discarded and brought back anyway, which seems to be the intended point of this feature. I'd like to hear more about why you feel adding "invisible" boxes would be a better solution though; and I will be bringing up both of these suggestions with Bluerise to get his thoughts.

thunderclap

Youngster
Pokémon can easily be released and unreleased and there is currently no cap on the release box, meaning that Pokémon that a player doesn't intend to use in the near term can be easily discarded and brought back anyway, which seems to be the intended point of this feature. I'd like to hear more about why you feel adding "invisible" boxes would be a better solution though;
I have 6891 released pokemon - it's a complete mess in there. Anything going in there is basically for permanent disposal, except in rare cases I'm (with a heavy sigh) looking for a specific rare pokemon for egg breeding. If there was a "permanent release" feature 99.9% of those pokemon would be erased. Release boxes are also annoying to deal with because every time you unrelease one pokemon, say from page 192, after doing so it hops back to page 1 and you have to find your spot again. And they are slow to respond. Global Link is also slow and I have another 23 pages of crap in there that is annoying to access.

Whether the solution is invisible pages or something else, I just want more boxes. Ideally those would be accessible in-game -- the pinnacle of convenience -- since you can mouseover them to see stats and it's fast, and no logging out required to access. The invisible box suggestion was just me taking mercy on the poor graphic artist who has to make all those little buttons from 37 to X, whatever upper limit you decided on. If someone wants to make those buttons and update the client, I'm all for that. I wasn't sure if anyone would even be able to make those changes to the client, since we currently lack a client developer.

Extra in-game boxes would be best, but any other solution that results in extra (convenient) pokemon storage space would be a win.

The above intended with maximal gratitude, respectfulness, etc, ofc.

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Without reading much of this thread

I was just thinking

"If they're going to release new content, like a new region, this is going to become a problem since some of us have nice collections and we're at box capacities. So, if a new Region is released, I think at least 5 more boxes should be released with each new region"