Player Hosted Event Poll.

What would be your preferred choice of a player hosted event?

• Basic elimination PVP Tournament

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basic point based PVP tournament

• RB PVP Tournament

• Gimmick PVP Tournament

• Hunting Events

• Spawn Races

• Scavenger Hunts

• Beauty Contests

• None of the Above

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
So as players and members of the PWO community, what are some ways to get more people involved with one another? The seemingly end all be all answer to increasing the community (in the opinions of so many members of the player base) are the staff hosting in game events. As most may know, may not know, or simply like to overlook at times is that the staff is kind of in over their heads right now.

They have their hands full with fixing bugs and polishing mechanics and an ever shortening lack of man power. The staff simply can't host events as much as they used to. With that said some players like the prospect of taking it upon themselves to try and host events of their own in the absence of staff events. The problem though is these attempts often fall flat do to lack of interest in so called events.

So for the first time ever in my 2 year tenure at PWO I am making my very first poll thread. (or at least attempting to, I honestly have no idea how to do this but hope it works LOL) The poll is simple, I will post some ideas for events I could perhaps host in the future and you all vote on what you would prefer or like to see.

So, anyway, what would be your preferred choice of a player hosted event? (description of options below and you can vote for more than 1 of the options but please try to refrain from voting for more than 5 :))

1.       Basic elimination PVP Tournament:  One version of your typical run of the mill tournament. Players battle it out in an elimination style tournament where the last person standing is the winner.
2.       Basic point based tournament:  Another version of your basic typical tourney. Players battle it out but instead of eliminating each other upon a loss, a point system is put into place with the winner being the one who scored the most points over the course of the tournament.
3.       RB PVP Tournament: Yet one more kind of a PVP tourney. Players battle each other either by points or by elimination (usually by points for more fairness) but instead of having their own made teams, the are given random teams to battle with.
4.       Gimmick PVP Tournament: Another fun PVP tournament option.  One that can be based on points or by elimination but there are rules for what kind of team you can use. Rules can be such as only use a certain type of pokemon, can only use a certain stages of evolution, can only use pokémon of a certain level, and etcetera. There literally is no limit to the amount of options you can use to make things interesting.
5.       Hunting Events: You choose a certain type of pokémon to hunt and at the end of the set time frame you tally the IVs up. The winner is the one whose pokémon has the most combined IVs total, or even reversely the winner is the one with the lowest total score.
6.       Spawn Races: Simple. You choose a hard to catch pokémon, the first to catch it wins.
7.       Scavenger Hunt: You choose different pokémon (or items if people can be trusted) and the first person to collect all what you asked wins.
8.       Beauty Contests: You have a panel of judges and display certain pokémon to be appraised based on how their IVs or even base stats look. The don’t always have to be the best numbers just the best looking numbers. (example: pokémon who need spatk  and spd have very high stats there, or a pokémon has perfect 20 IVs, and etcetera.)
9.       None of the above: You dislike all these options.
10.   Other: You have an idea for options of your own. Leave your suggestion as a comment below.

justme1306

Youngster
well you know ... i dont like to battle so i would go for 5 6 7 8

Towel

Youngster
All great ideas, but having hosted 2 tourneys myself, I have noticed that people want big prizes. This is the reason why I cannot host anymore, I have nothing to offer. I wish filthy rich people who just play to collect money would help out for such events. :) I won't really vote because, as I said, all the ideas have merit, any of them is fine by me. Let's pick the one that gets the most votes!

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
People always want something for their time. Especially if it's a competition.

I refuse to participate in this poll owing to being Staff, and therefore exempt from PvP anyway; but I will say I've always preferred events that are designed to be more casual and fun in nature.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
All great ideas, but having hosted 2 tourneys myself, I have noticed that people want big prizes. This is the reason why I cannot host anymore, I have nothing to offer. I wish filthy rich people who just play to collect money would help out for such events. :) I won't really vote because, as I said, all the ideas have merit, any of them is fine by me. Let's pick the one that gets the most votes!

Big prizes are my specialty ofc, but yeah I can't do it all the time. Would be nice if some who read this poll will too take the initiative and host events as well :)

justme1306 said:
well you know ... i dont like to battle so i would go for 5 6 7 8

Place your votes then XD you can vote for 5 options lol :p

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I must certainly say theses results are surprising. Hunting events obliterating the competition preferences, the only PVP in the top 3 is RB at 2nd place, and the biggest surprise of all, beauty contests at 3rd and on the tail of 2nd.

Klay

Youngster
Welp, beauty contest kinda reminds of National Park contests (which is something I asked already) and G3 contests (which, I hope, will be here as it was in G3 when Hoenn will be out). It's something totally new to PWO, so people wants to try it. Even if it will probably be more frustrating than expected, and allow toxic players to complain because "judges are voting for their friends/are corrupted/don't like me".

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Jobey said:
I must certainly say theses results are surprising. Hunting events obliterating the competition preferences, the only PVP in the top 3 is RB at 2nd place, and the biggest surprise of all, beauty contests at 3rd and on the tail of 2nd.

I am finding the results of this poll both intriguing and useful :)

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Jinji said:
Jobey said:

I am finding the results of this poll both intriguing and useful :)

Yeah, it's quite interesting to see just how much most of us may have misjudged the preferences of the PWO playerbase. I'm very glad you find it useful as well. :)

Klay said:
Welp, beauty contest kinda reminds of National Park contests (which is something I asked already) and G3 contests (which, I hope, will be here as it was in G3 when Hoenn will be out). It's something totally new to PWO, so people wants to try it. Even if it will probably be more frustrating than expected, and allow toxic players to complain because "judges are voting for their friends/are corrupted/don't like me".

Oh I see, well let's hope that these results help with that when it comes time to do the finishing touches on a new region or heck event content updates in general. :)

Georgelzr

anything but something
this game is dying ,we need more activities

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I guess I really should have this poll closed now XD

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Yeah I meant to close it over two months ago but forgot xD

Status
Not open for further replies.