Player Based NPCs

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I'd like to encourage community interaction with this suggestion.

The idea being staff recognizing veteran/ influential players by making an NPC version of them. To what extent, I am unsure of. Maybe a B100 with the NPC if the player that talks to the NPC consents to the battle, and has a reasonable (all level 100) team. Maybe just a quote.

Where would the NPCs be placed? *shrugs

I am pretty sure this wouldn't take much effort on part of the staff, (to set up an NPC at least), though, at least a little deliberation would be needed as to what guidelines would be in place to see who deserves their own NPC.

whisMEAT

Youngster
But npc veteran should be willing to openly show their team,which, can be implemented as they would do a bit different than normal. But still, a lot would hide their team logically.

But if u suggest that npc should be done by some veteran ,then I agree, would be nice

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
The player the NPC is based on would have some say in their NPC likeness. If you don't want it to battle then it won't. If you just want a quote, that's fine. If you don't want one at all, that's fine too.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
The player the NPC is based on would have some say in their NPC likeness. If you don't want it to battle then it won't. If you just want a quote, that's fine. If you don't want one at all, that's fine too.
They already have a few of these in the pewter museum.

Klay

Youngster
As a great buddy of mine said:
ideas (like naming npc on maps) dont bring anything relevant to game content

Also, that would be weird to see yourself as a NPC (hey myself, how are you today)
Since it's meant to be for "veteran/influential players", what about PLAYERNAME's Fan NPC? Battling NPCs would have teams chosen by PLAYERNAME (because they try to have a team that looks just like their idol)
Dialogue-only NPCs could talk about hobbies of PLAYERNAME or what they bring to the game
And you could also add Quest NPCs, that ask for a quest about PLAYERNAME (like finding something with their autograph or else)

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
I guess @Isguros doesn't want an NPC version of himself.

Yeah.. I'm not the biggest fan of the kind of flavour NPCs here on PWO: Their sole intent is to cause confusion and chaos, and ruin the immersion. And then to have NPCs celebrating a single player; there's not much of a pay-off, given the fact that other than the player themselves, nobody cares a lot about having a lasting hindrance reminding you of someone else's "achievements".

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it right, but I like Klay's idea of a generic [PLayer'sName] fan NPC, one that would idolize you for the way your journey has gone up to that point, the amount of badges you've won and tries to mimic your team. It wouldn't enhance your playing experience a lot, depending on where it would be placed and.. but it would at least be lore-friendly.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
what about PLAYERNAME's Fan NPC?

Sure. That could work.

On such a note, there could be a Trainer Fan Club, I think there was one in Hoenn. And they could recite random stuff about random players that are put into the quote list.