One Month Pass: Safari Zone

How much do you believe a monthly safari zone pass should cost?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1m

• I don't believe a monthly pass should be available

• Total voters

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
While looking at the advancement of the transportation system, and how helpful the one month pass is to traders, and daycarers I wonder what could be done to help hunters and more specifically help hunters without further enabling botters. One Idea is to make a month pass in the safari zone, that can help people reduce the cost if they use it correctly. Here are my thoughts on the matter:

- over the course of a week of hunting on average 4 hours a day one can burn through over 500k, which is over 2m per month. It is my opinion that this is fairly high considering the opportunity cost associated with hunting elsewhere for free, for pokemon that are just as good and valuable as the pokemon contained within the safari zone (notably Eevee, and Togepi)

- People feel rushed to get the most for their money in the 10-20 min intervals of hunting in the safari zone, often foregoing conversation with friends that goes hand in hand with a more enriched time playing, which in tern leads to a boring monotonous time and will eventually dull the overall experience, reducing the value of the safari zone.

- With the upcoming weekend events that are supposedly taking place soon, we'll see an increase of market value for togepi which should increase the traffic through the safari zone. Dedicated hunters should be rewarded with a plan that allows them to hunt to their hearts content with a comparative advantage price wise to the casual hunters. Much like the leveling system in fishing, the monthly pass would only be relevant to those who spend the greater amount of time hunting per day. Being that hunting 4 hours a day will lead to 2m over the course of a month as previously mentioned, I think 300-500k for a monthly pass would be an appropriate price.

- To help prevent bots from abusing the monthly pass I think the 10-20min timed session should still be active even with the pass.

Any responses/criticism would be appreciated.

Thor

I like the idea of a month pass. I just want to say one thing though. If people kill all the pokemon they fight while in the safari they don't lose out much in terms of money.myou can make up pretty much 100% of the entrance fee and you don't lose out much in terms of number of encounters as running each time means you have to wait for the next encounter because of the limits placed on the time between encounters.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
An argument could be made that there's still a comparative advantage to say, the dragons den where by killing the pokemon instead of running you'd gain a profit instead of not losing out much like in the safari zone.

Tecknician

I am no certain what the market will do for togepi. On one hand people could have a guaranteed way of getting a togepi without needing to grind for one in the safari zone, on the other hand more people will want a togepi with good stats to evolve having them try to get more togepi's.

It could go either way. I think it will largely depend on how togepi fits into the meta battle scene, if stats are that important to have a major impact or not.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I believe I spent a bit over 500k when I cleaned out the safari zone of all HRs.. though I already had the skarmory from elsewhere and togepi I had also caught before my big hunt there, plus I chose to get bellossom later in the VF clearing. So I think I spent 2-3 weeks there hunting the others and I think 500k would be a fair price over a month myself. It would be doable to get everything you need from there in a month of solid hunting and having a pass would motivate you to put the time into it.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Some time ago I had said something similar to my friends but that idea seem me better than what I had proposed. I like it so much especially to keep active the timed sessions even with the pass or maybe increases the time in a few minutes. 500k sounds me good too.

@BoboTheClown - for hunters I don't think kill all the pokémons in safari zone is fine once we can find more pokémons just running from them. I personally prefer make it this way.
[/glow] :)

Thor

I am a hunter, and if you actually do the maths, you dont encounter that many more pokemon by running because of the games encounter limitations

pieoffury

Giving access to the month pass opens the opportunity for botters to go into safari...

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
- To help prevent bots from abusing the monthly pass I think the 10-20min timed session should still be active even with the pass.

[glow=red]According to the Eco idea the only thing would be changed is the amount of money we spend.[/glow]

Merse

Youngster
The good thing about Safari Zone that you can't really bot there. You can spend only limited time there and then you're kicked. You have to sit before your computer or you won't be able to be effective.
If we could spend a whole month there, both Safari Zones would be swarmed by botters instantly.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Guys, according what I have understand, the Eco's idea is make available a month safari pass to reduce the amount of money we spend there. So we'll be able to enter in that specific area during a month without pay nothing but the timed session will keep active to help prevent botters meaning we'll be kickeds after 10-20 min as in the current system. ;D

@BoboTheClown - We have our own opinions but I still think we spend less time running from a pokémon than selecting a move and attacking it. And considering the level of the pokémons at that area I guess the money dropped is too low if we use a high level pokémon. But if we use a low level pokémon we will spend more time attacking the wild pokémon once we need more hits to kill it. In other words I think it's better run them anyway.
[/glow] ;)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Correct, people would still be timed out after 10-20 minutes and have to re-enter using the one month pass, very similar to the train. There is no change for botters.

@ Teck, Togetic should make a nice battler with its base stats and move capabilities, it's basically the normal type, spatk using dragonite lol. People will always hunt epic max speed versions of the popular battlers whether it's for their own use, or for selling. Topepi is also conveniently placed in the safari zone with Eevee, which is one of the most desired pokemon itself. I think it's safe to say togepi will still be hunted regardless of people being able to get one after a couple weekday events for free.

Fionavara

Yes please! I'd love a ticket! GIMME!
As most of you know I prolly one of the people that spent MOST money hunting it the safarizone looking for my shiny rares, and I'm going to have to return there to get the evo sets...I already counted about 15M+ just in johto safari and most likely around 10M+ in kanto...I'll take one of those passes for me, tyvm!
But can we please..PLEASE...set 20 minutes in both safaris? it's still silly to me that one has half price for 10 min and one have double price for 20..make it 10 min both or 20 min both...I don't see any valid reason for having diffrent timesets.
oh yea p.s
1M cus safari fees for one month goes WAY WAAAAAAAY ABOVE 1M if you are a hunter and dedicated!

Tecknician

So you want a monthly pass to make things cheaper and give a bigger advantage to those who hunt more?

LordBelemuel

I vote none of the above.
It's fine the way it is the prices are reasonable for the safari zone as well as the time limits.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I personally don't see it as a bigger advantage for hunters. Currently there's other topic discussing about reduce the price of a teleporter NPC what will benefit daycarers players. Recently was implemented a new train system which reduced the passage prices. I know it's a system used for all players. But anyway prices have been reduced, so why don't implement it?[/glow]

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
was talking on IRC and thought of this.

I and others on the IRC feel the kanto safari is completely outdated. 2/3rds of the pokemon in there can be found elsewhere for unlimited time, and several pokemon in the johto safari aren't exactly...tempting, minus HRs.

What if the Kanto and Johto spawns were redone? This shouldn't affect anything in the long run because the transportation service should be sucking up a lot of money right now, meaning a perma 1k or 2k discount really won't dent much.

I too agree that the safari is a huge investment with a possibility of little return, but I think the problem you're noting is unrelated to a monthly pass system. The main issue is that the rares and VRs aren't worth your time right now. Making a profit in the safaris are very hit and miss.

How about we change that instead?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Yes, I believe those who spend an abnormal amount of time hunting deserve a slight edge, which is why I based the prices on one hour per day, all days in a month taken into account. The monthly pass would only give advantage to those who spend more time than that hunting, with a proportionate advantage to the additional time over 1 hour per day. Therefore those who spend 4 hours a day hunting would get a greater value than those who only hunt 2.

Zebra I thought the same thing, but I thought it would be much easier to put convince the staff to put in a train-like NPC that allows for a monthly pass. I'd have no qualms about updating the safari selection rather than making a monthly pass however I'd like to ask one question. Por que no las dos? lol