OHKO Moves in Battle Tower

Should "One Hit Knock Out" moves be banned from Battle Tower?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
For those of us who spend lots of time in Battle Tower battling against the Regular Mode pokemon, should moves like Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold be allowed? Or should the enemy pokemon have those moves changed to something else?

Isguros

Youngster
As long as the Pokemon are able to learn it, and the probabilities of it landing haven't been altered; it's fair use, isn't it? Since it's you, I know you bring it up because you like to spend the first 15 minutes of every battle raising your Pokemon's defenses to the max and doing everything imaginable to stop them from taking damage: you're really putting the 'all' in 'stall'. If the opponent then finds something to counter your extensive and excessive planning, is it really them who are at fault, or is it you who is by deliberately not preparing your team for this situation?

P.S.: Wasn't it you who (ab)used OHKO moves during one of Towline's tournaments?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I did utilize ohko during towely's tourney, but that has nothing to do with the subject here, other than the fact that OHKO moves are usually banned in PvP, which goes to support the concept that they should be banned from Battle Tower as well.

The team I made for battle tower is likewise irrelevant, but I will point out that I have planned for OHKO in the form of a kingdra/ shedinja which can usually kill the OHKO users. I also have Skarmory with Sturdy, however, the game is broken and Sturdy doesn't stop ohko moves from damaging skarmory as it is suppose to.

Most of that is beside the point since I am asking others for their opinions. How much time have you spent in battle tower guros?

Klay

Youngster
Hi, I don't spend lots of time in Battle Tower anymore because I already farmed it to have all I wanted from this feature
And I don't think OHKO moves from NPCs are an issue

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
They should stay. BT is already easy enough, no need in removing moves that are an NPCs few ways to put up a fight.

GuiiHenrique

Battle Tower is challenging precisely because it allows you to use everything the game can give (both player and npc), removing OHKO moves would only reduce your difficulty level and make it simpler, by making your differential only Battle Points and not EXP awards...