Next ideas and talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer5

Youngster
Hey guys it's trainer5 and welcome to today's thread and today I just learnt that tournaments such as the new years tournament are made by players so i thought since the staff is so busy and are not paid for their work how about we start giving them a hand by making tournaments of our own! 
so the frequency is up to you guys a tournament can come maybe every 2 weeks anyway my point is when i logged in this morning i was so disappointed about how so few players were logged in my point is if the staff is too busy to make something there are so many of us lets try to help out :) :) :) 

so maybe if your all in for it do you guys want us to make events of our own if you want more player made tournaments the please reply if you agree with me and lets give the staff less work and more free time 

also i'd like to say in my time here i feel like i really fit in when i joined i never expected to find such nice people so i will send or accept friend requests to the following people: pheonix heat,isguros,klay,amoney,,justme 1306 and shiny maril

please no flame if you disagree with me please say it politely :-/ 

so see you tomorow (i may have forgotten some people's names like someone's name began with an ''r'' but ill send him a friend request too

and akatosh

Trainer5

Youngster
if you see this i would appreciate it if you tell me if this is a good idea or not

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Because we as Staff are far too busy to officiate tournaments 24/7, and it would also harm the economy to give away prizes frequently, official PWO Tournaments ran by Staff are very rare. So we openly encourage the community to run their own tournaments with their own rules and prizes; and so long as the tournaments are conducted in a fair manner and the rules clearly communicated to all participants, we are perfectly happy to see them.

I am not entirely sure what your suggestion is here. You want to see players do tournaments on a more frequent basis? That would be up to the players themselves - while I agree it would be nice to see more competition in PWO, not everyone can afford to or has the time to run a tournament all the time. Having an interest always helps, though :)

Trainer5

Youngster
Jinji said:
Because we as Staff are far too busy to officiate tournaments 24/7, and it would also harm the economy to give away prizes frequently, official PWO Tournaments ran by Staff are very rare. So we openly encourage the community to run their own tournaments with their own rules and prizes; and so long as the tournaments are conducted in a fair manner and the rules clearly communicated to all participants, we are perfectly happy to see them.

I am not entirely sure what your suggestion is here. You want to see players do tournaments on a more frequent basis? That would be up to the players themselves - while I agree it would be nice to see more competition in PWO, not everyone can afford to or has the time to run a tournament all the time. Having an interest always helps, though :)

my point is that staff like you need some time to relax so at least one out of millions of us can make a tournament every two weeks but not the same people making tournaments but every two weeks a different person makes a tournament im trying to give the staff time to do more important things like making sevil and hoenn
anyway thanks for responding i never thought one of my posts would get attention from an admin

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
nice idea trainer but ther's already a tournament going on just need some players to join feel free to participe :) https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/showthread.php?tid=38259

Trainer5

Youngster
PhoenixHeat said:
nice idea trainer but ther's already a tournament going on just need some players to join feel free to participe :) https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/showthread.php?tid=38259

yea but after your done with your tournament then ill make a tournament every two weeks to show how much im willing to sacrifice to make the game better
but the problem is no one is telling me how to make a tournament

if no one is going to make a tournament every two weeks then i will bear the burden

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
There's no official "guide" for making tournaments; and in general, it's up to the players to make up the rules. But here's a few tips on what you can think about:

Firstly, how do you want to do the tournament? Single elimination tournaments - where winners advance to the next round and losers leave the tournament - are the most common; though some people like to do best two out of three so that a loser gets a second chance. Less common are Round Robins, where everyone faces everyone else once and the winner is the most successful player - these are best suited to a smaller group, as the bigger they are, the longer they take.

Secondly, what is the point of the tournament? Is it just for fun, or do you want to offer a prize? If you want to do the latter, think about what you can reasonably afford to give away; and what might appeal to people the most to win. For bigger tournaments, you may want to consider runner-up prizes too; and it may help to have an entry fee so you get something back yourself (or you can use some of the money for the prizes).

Thirdly, it's important you set down rules. The most important rules are those that decide what kind of Pokémon you use. Do you want to set a minimum or maximum level? This may change the type of people who decide to join in - low-level tournaments may attract newer players; whereas high-level or no-limit tournaments usually attract more long-term players with stronger teams. You may also want to say that your tournament uses the "Species Clause", which is a rule requiring a team to be made up of different Pokémon, since no-one likes battling a team of the same Pokémon over and over.

Some other rules people like to use are:
- Sleep Clause. A player is disqualified if, at the end of a turn, one player has caused two or more of their opponent's Pokémon to be asleep at the same time, unless they had no choice. You can also do Freeze, Burn, Poison etc. clauses if you want to restrict these as well.
- Selfdestruct Clause. If a Pokémon uses SelfDestruct or Explosion when both players have just one Pokémon left, and both faint as a result, the user loses (instead of it being a draw).

(Someone can fill in more if I've missed any)

Be aware that the game doesn't enforce these rules itself; so you'll need to keep an eye on players, and maybe suggest people take screenshots if they feel an opponent may have cheated, so that you can check for yourself.

Once you've decided on your rules, all you have to do is post a topic on the Forum (preferably under User-created Events) advertising your tournament, explaining your rules, and decide when you want to do it and how many people you want to join in. Then just wait for entries :)

Trainer5

Youngster
yeah i've already decided on the rules and everything but i dont know what to give as a prize   :huh:

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
for example if you don't have anything to give u can just make an entry fee and the winner takes all just like what i am doing ;)

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Aside from what Phoenix has said, you could see if people will donate something to go towards the winner. I'm pretty sure people have been willing to in the past.

Trainer5

Youngster
Pansy said:
Aside from what Phoenix has said, you could see if people will donate something to go towards the winner. I'm pretty sure people have been willing to in the past.
I'm going to make it later on I don't want to steal the spotlight from phoenix's tournament plus I don't know what the prize will be because many people want different things

Trainer5

Youngster
Event idea

So the plot for this next idea will be:"Two Pokemon have started battling because one of them have trespassed into each other's territory, so they have started fighting, the battle got so fierce that the other Pokemon in the area are getting hurt.With nurse joy having her hands filled, her friend brad has volunteered to help stop the rampage but he needs help from a Pokemon trainer"

So the quest starts,talk to brad and he will give you the first instructions:The other pokemon in the route are hurt and need healing so you have to catch 5 of each species and bring them to brad then you have to faint 2 of each of the pokemon rampaging, then brad will give you berries to give to the pokemon stored and make them happy,then buy poitions to heal them,  and then one more thing to do go to each leader of the rampaging pokemon and defeat them both then the armies will retreat and all will be well (also the generals will act like npcs so you cant catch them).
Then brad will give you : 2 event vouchers, 40'000 poke dollars, and you can choose one of the kind of rampaging pokemon (if you focused on the quest and didn't catch any)

I think the fighting pokemon should be swampert and hariyama,but what route shall they be fighting on 

Do you agree or do you think anything should be changed?

Klay

Youngster
RE: Event idea

"the Pokemon will be majestic looking and exclusive which means its in the Pokedex but it's not huntable"

So the pokémon will spawn, but will not be catchable? Or will it be beatable NPCs with pokémon sprites, like Mewtwo is in CC B1F?
Personally i prefer them being NPCs, to avoid seeing people complaining about uncatchable shinies again

Would it be in a new map? Or in already available maps?

Trainer5

Youngster

Existing maps

Also what about if the majestic Pokemon was in an area near a town heading towards the town or city, like the Pokemon was heading toward Cinnabar Island, for example, the Pokemon is heading towards Cinnabar, so its in the route leading up to Cinnabar. Then after the time limit it heads inside cinnabar, and its travelling through the cave, then it exits the cave and lands in its natural habitat, but then you can't catch it.

No, not npcs

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster

nice idea but u didn't found out any other poke's cause none of swampert or hariyama fit this quest maybe things like gyarados and dragonite

Trainer5

Youngster

How about dragonite and garchomp? since if it was gyarados and dratonite they would have to be in a place full of water, and they are no water places accessible to all newbies,

Trainer5

Youngster

So what if the rampage happens in one of the holodeck maps

Trainer5

Youngster
So what if guilds could open gyms and in those gyms the guild master could get some battlers from that guild and place them in the gym and put one in charge of the gym while he/she is away, and they can close and open that gym whenever but they can't close it when someone is in charge and a challenger can come and the guild master can give a challenge to the challenger and when they manage to win they give them a prize

Trainer5

Youngster
So this idea is for quest called the poke criminal quest
So this quest would start in vermilion city or violet city, where officer jenny would be stationed, and when you talk to her she will say that 8 poke criminals are on the loose doing all sorts of bad stuff and the mango ( johto) police force can't handle all those criminals at once and they need your help. Then she would show a list of 10 criminals and you can choose any of them to find,it would depend on how many badges you have, if you started the quest if you had one badge, you would be restricted to the first criminal aka the easiest one if you already had all the badges once you started the quest then you would be able to choose any one of them.Once you choose when you would first have to fix their mess. Let's say the first criminal is a poke mart robber and uses his pokemon to rob poke marts, you would find his Pokémon around the cherrygrove poke mart, they would be npcs. Once you talk to them you fight them and when you defeat one they give you what they stole, after you defeat all of them,you would give the stolen this be back to the mart manager.Then you go back to officer Jenny,then she would tell you where to find the criminal and once you find him you have to battle him. Once you win he would give you everything he stole, and then you give it to officer Jenny and then you're done and you have to get the next badge. The criminals would get harder and harder as you go on and the was you would have to fix would get harder to fix as well she'll give you money for defeating one depending on the difficulty of the criminal for the easy one she would give you 10 000 poke dollars and the hardest one she would give you 100 000 poke dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.