New update shiny ivs 20+

Stevie

I will reiterate what I said several pages ago. You don't NEED a shiny to have a strong pokemon in this game. Just go hunt for an uber non shiny and it is literally the same thing in battle. You will probably save yourself some time and money by doing that too.

killanaddict

Stevie said:
I will reiterate what I said several pages ago. You don't NEED a shiny to have a strong pokemon in this game. Just go hunt for an uber non shiny and it is literally the same thing in battle. You will probably save yourself some time and money by doing that too.

yeah, but it guaranteed at least very very good all IV's, so if it's out of balance in game then they must be reset according to new update. but none of those who spoke here about good game health and bla bla bla for some reason don't ready to donate and reset their old 28+ shinys, lol. it's just hypocrisy.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
To those who are suggesting existing shinys to be revised, how would you change their ivs?

JulioCZ

I like the old 28+ shinys, but it doesnt matter is the same thing if we catch epics.. So the update is fine..

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Bluerise said:
To those who are suggesting existing shinys to be revised, how would you change their ivs?
Do not touch current pokemon , thank you.

killanaddict

Bluerise said:

it's strange to hear similar questions from gm to common player.) i don't know certainly. if it impossible - don't take seriously, i just wanted to hear their opinion about this. and discussion shows the real face of those, who so rejoices and supports this update here
but if you asked about digits - 20-31 according to update

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Just to note, it is not like we haven't thought long and hard about this. This decision was not a quick one and was one made to benefit the game in the long term. People have mentioned about current shinies and we want to get more opinion from the players to go with our own thoughts. As always we are looking for well reasoned feedback rather than what you feel is best for yourself, this is afterall a public BETA so we want to make this the best we can for everyone and not just a select few.

Tjolf

Bluerise said:

randomizing stats between 20-31 would be over the top probably, since many veterans trained some of their existing good shinies that might end up being not that useful anymore after the new randomizing, so one could go for the middle route and randomize them betweenfor example 24-31(24-32, dunno). that would balance out existing and future shinies a bit, and also give some credit to the hard work of the veterans. for some existing shinies this might actually be a good thing btw, since some shinies that used to have 28 in their important stats might just end up with something higher after the change.

or one could pick the 2 most important stats for a poke race, lets say speed and atk or spatk for many pokes, and keep them untouched while randomizing all the other stats between 20/31, 24/31, 20/32, 24/32. that would balance the market a bit, while letting the old shinies remain valid battle pokes. this way would however mean a lot more work for the admins.

regardless if existing shinies get touched or not, i dont really care anymore. i would much rather see the stats be raised to 28+ again, which is not going to happen unfortunately. the only thing that changes for me if existing pokes get touched is that i might need to make a new account.

OneMillionRattatas

Bluerise said:

I think 24 or 25+ would be a better compromise here. I do recall in one of the big forum debates on this issue this was a number many agreed upon. 25+ in all stats is certainly not as good as 28+ but is still considered epic by many, and rightly so. With 20+ in most instances you can throw away the old 'just catch a shiny horsea or magikarp or whatever and leave the rest. You might hunt weeks for them and find they are not worth using. So really with this update you have to go back to the handheld way of hunting a good IV pokemon which is catching every one and checking their IVs. This could mean a couple of dozen to hundreds depending on how dedicated you are. It's a huge change, but many players would still be happy with a 25+ shiny so nothing is lost in the shiny hunt- players won't have to repeat the hunt several or many times to find a decent pokemon.

As a hunter I really don't have a problem with hunting normal pokes for good IVs, which this update is forcing everyone to do. However I think it is premature- assuming they ever need to go this low- since those hunting hundreds of pokemon now to find good IVs may well find them useless when natures and abilities come in. So to me this was just a bad decision with bad timing.

Dend7

Alright first off Thank you to all staff for the continued dedication and hard work.

Lets get the Obvious out of the way. If anyone here that is complaining had been here approximately 2 months ago and they did a survey that staff put out about these very types of changes that have taken place you would have know it was in the works. So guess what in that way you were warned that It was going to happen you can not hold them to a time frame on a free beta and if you are mad that it happened then learn to adapt to the situation at hand and make the best of what is still in essence a FREE GAME. If you chose to donate that was your decision, you can not fault anyone but yourself for paying for virtual currency that is a risk in any game.
I have taken part in over 30 different game betas and alphas and every one of them is subject to change at a moments notice without the consent of the players. In the end the people that have to write the code get the final say so. In my opinion all the changes are working in the right direction to better the game and equal the field for both member and free players alike. For those like me that have been here since the original ALPHA version I personally would not like to see the shiny pokemon that I spent months trying to find each one suddenly lose stats. I feel its unfair to have my time that I put in taken away because of jealousy. However, if the staff deemed it necessary I would sadly agree to what needs to be changed.
With this new concept of lower IV's I think that the PVP will open to a wider range of people that have in the past not been able to stand up to the epic stats of the past. I personally only play the game for the Base Game and do not do PVP because of the over powered teams that everyone has. It just is not fun for me to go against max teams all day long. All this said Keep the new IV settings and for the players that want to complain about stats I have been catching pokemon all week since the update and have many pokemon that are not shiny that are better stats than the standard 20+ IV for shinies. So just play the game and stop making it harder on the staff that already do all this development for FREE. Its all these types of complaining that constantly pushes the staff members to leave they feel unappreciated( I know I would ). I think that's what needs to stop lets give the staff our full support and drop these petty arguments.

Thor

For current shines I think a weighted randomising of the stats so the current shinies stats can span the same range and take any value as new shines but the randomisation is weighted so that the shinies with currently the highest stats so 31 are weighted so the most likely iv for them is to be near the upper end of the new scale. i.e.. a Shiny with 28 29 30 31 28 31 for example is likely to end up with ivs around 20 24 28 31 20 31 but it is also possible for them to have any stats

BlameAoD

If you change current shiny IVs I honestly think they should be 25-32 because a lot of older S do have IVs as high as 32 and I think the possibility should still be there for those Pokemon. Or maybe just not change that specific stat on the Pokemon if they have one that is 32 because as stated several pages back some people paid way more for them just because they had "impossible" IVs. I'd rather not see them touched at all, because as someone else stated they will thin out over time and I'd like for some to still be around. If they are not changed sure the older players will have an advantage, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Personally I am a collector so my S Pokemon will not be sold if anything I'm more likely to buy more, which means that even though I am an old player I will still be left at a "disadvantage" having to pay more for good S for my collection. Whereas I am sure many will sell to take "advantage" but the money will surely be circulated anyways so what does it matter in the long run? I think people are just mad about the change (which is understandable) and just want to see others S IVs brought down because they feel "ripped off" even though their S will still be WAY better than most found in a handheld. I think one day the IVs for S Pokemon here should match the handhelds, but it should be done slowly and with notice and I do not think that the existing Pokemon should be affected due to my reasons stated above. The idea of lowering the encounter rates a bit would be a decent compensation for the newer players I think too, but idk I just read it and thought that would be better than changing existing Pokemon IMO. Either way these are just my thoughts on the matter and overall I think this was a needed change with the direction the economy was headed. Happy hunting see yall in-game! :3

killanaddict

why not 20-31(32)?
similar situation if staff fixed overpowered broken move only for new catched pokemons having left old poks invariable. if you want to correct something in game - correct it at all, as you doing with other game aspects

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Communism only works on paper. Besides, it makes no sense for older players to be at a loss because of staff's policy change regarding shinies, so there is absolutely no reason for them to be changed when the policy in the past used to be different. Learn to see the bigger picture, that this update is something to take effect in the long run or is that exercise something way beyond your capacity?

killanaddict

Communism? How does it relate to that? Ah, my location. Very delicate trolling. Ridicoulosly to hear from adept of elitism. Btw, equality before the law - one of the democracy principles.
And mistakes of the past shouldn't be corrected in your opinion? That's lol. In the law there is such principle as retroactivity of law, if you hear of course.
This update will start working really only when each player who have old shinys left this game with them. old shinys will be always cost much more then new and it's only disbalances market and game with 5m for lol ampharoses and venonats and 50-100k for same newly catched.
You are talking here about good game health and other good reasons but what are you really ready to donate for the sake of it? Nothing. You recieve your own and now just defend yourself, nothing more.

darkshadow.

killanaddict said:
Communism? How does it relate to that? Ah, my location. Very delicate trolling. Ridicoulosly to hear from adept of elitism.
And mistakes of the past shouldn't be corrected in your opinion? That's lol. In the law there is such principle as retroactivity of law, if you hear of course.
This update will start working really only when each player who have old shinys left this game with them. old shinys will be always cost much more then new and it's only disbalances market and game with 5m for lol ampharoses and venonats and 50-100k for same newly catched.
You are talking here about good game health and other good reasons but what are you really ready to donate for the sake of it? Nothing. You recieve your own and now just defend yourself, nothing more.

What if i don't want to sell my shinys but use them for battle? I trained hard to get the money to get a especific ivs in a shiny pokemon , i spent a lot of money doing it and now if they change, all my work would be in vain.. Even more the people with iv 32 in some stats that would matter in battle like speed, they would lose something that costed probably +50m.

killanaddict

killanaddict said:
_darkshadow_ said:
killanaddict said:
Communism? How does it relate to that? Ah, my location. Very delicate trolling. Ridicoulosly to hear from adept of elitism.

What if i don't want to sell my shinys but use them for battle? I trained hard to get the money to get a especific ivs in a shiny pokemon , i spent a lot of money doing it and now if they change, all my work would be in vain.. Even more the people with iv 32 in some stats that would matter in battle like speed, they would lose something that costed probably +50m.
Stevie said:

p.s. i'm not against you and old players or something else, i just want same opportunities and same affects for each player, not for chosen few. nothing more.