New update shiny ivs 20+

nemo55

I will admit I can see legitimacy in both parties. As an older player I would be willing to take a hit. BUT a hit with 2 options.

Option 1) Randomize IVs of existing shinys in possession (be it 25-31 OR 20-31)

Option 2) Each player must dispose 5-20 shinys in possession with IVs 28+ depending on hours played in game

I would choose "Option 2" of course. I would like to keep some of these relics which have been in game for so long and I've worked oh so hard for (investing 2700 hours). However, I will also agree that there is too big a surplus of shinys that are 28+ IVs. If we had some sort of Shiny Pokemon sink, we could minimize the huge amount of shinys which are 28+ IVs. Of course, not everyone will choose "Option 2" and may choose "Option 1".

I think this is the most fair way and nobody can complain about this...I'm being reasonable here..

BlameAoD

OneMillionRattatas said:
Seriously, new players that are asking for a fair go here are cry babies? How is that a fair argument? By coming up with comments like that you just look like you're scared to lose the precious OP bonus yourself. And yes it is way OP. You want what you got for your hard work but you expect new players to work 10 times harder and longer for exactly the same thing. Argue against that.
Here's one of my other posts sorry I called them cry babies but that's all I see is whining and complaining, maybe I shouldn't have called them cry babies but I'm not scared of anything read my other posts I even posted suggestions for if they do change IVs. I'm just stating my opinion so here's my argument...

In other games they don't nerf/change things that old players have that are not available anymore just because new players can't get them so why should PWO? The old S will dissipate over time as people become inactive or get banned so there won't be a surplus of these Pokemon in the long run. Just cuz there are a lot now does not mean they should not be here at all, it just means the change is new. Over time there will be less and less, and yes as this happens their value will go up and up but that is only to be expected because they are no longer guaranteed to have great stats like that, but Pokemon that have awesome stats such as the old S should be worth a lot in the first place. Which is why lowing the min on any new S is a good update, it will really help fix the market and bring the value back to the S that are already in game. When I first started playing ALL S were worth at least a mil including Rats so seeing the price go back up on these S is great. As of right now a lot of people spent unthinkable prices years back on S pokes that are barely worth a mil now I bought a S Ponyta the other day for 4m... 4 MIL!!! A couple years ago a S Ponyta was worth like 40-50m. So if you think S IVs should be changed on current S think about that for a min. The prices being drove up on the old S is not only expected but to many welcome not because of the profit they will make but because they will finally see their Pokemon become worth what they should be in the first place and for many what they were worth when they bought them.

Mega.S

Yes some of old player have nice shinys, with nice ivs, and you know how many years or hours of game time we speending looking for it? some of us have 3000 , 4000, 5000h of game time... 5000h are 208 days playing without sleep or if you want 628 day playing 8 hour each day.... all this shinys are get with work work work....

And if new player want it they can trade if for other pokemons. for example any of us can give a lots of this "old" shinys for a dragonite or a tyranitar with good ivs...

This shinys will be in market and anyone will have a chance to get one, for example i don have a problem for trade a 28+ shiny ivs for a 20+ shiny if i like more the 20+ one...

Remove this pokemons ivs is like remove the pokemons that you get in events becouse new players cant get it now....

OneMillionRattatas

Okay, let's put it this way.

If the new updated shiny rate is fair for the game, why is it not fair for all players? Today I could start hunting for a shiny growlithe and spend weeks doing so or longer and come up with a crappy low 20s IV grow in all the places I need good stats. In fact, the odds are now that I will certainly not get an uber/epic grow for my time and effort. If that is fair for the game today why is it fair that players that hunted that same grow 2 weeks ago, or 2 years ago, didn't have that worry and would always get a viable pokemon?

If it's fair that way, then why not fair for all? My suggestion still doesn't nerf old pokemon to the level of the current game, just a compromise:

Current shiny:
31/32 IV stays the same (assuming 32 is even still an option, otherwise all 31)
30 stays the same or drops to 29 (randomly)
29 stays the same or drops to 28/27/26
28 stays the same or drops to 27/26/25

New shiny range: 24+ IVs

This compromise would allow older players to keep their advantage (and max stats in all cases) but I believe is more fair to everyone. And just my idea, why not add your own or tweak mine instead of just repeating that it makes perfect sense to nerf new shinies but not old?

20+ shinies I think just means up to half or more shinies will now be throwaways, and that's just unfair to all players I believe. The shiny boost was OP that's why it is being nerfed, fair enough. But why to the point where so many will be all but useless in future?

No matter if staff listen to this and make more changes or not, older players like me will always have the advantage over the new, why does the gap have to be so wide?

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
OneMillionRattatas said:

If the new updated shiny rate is fair for the game, why is it not fair for all players?

It's a MMO, not a communist game

OneMillionRattatas said:
Today I could start hunting for a shiny growlithe and spend weeks doing so or longer and come up with a crappy low 20s IV grow in all the places I need good stats. In fact, the odds are now that I will certainly not get an uber/epic grow for my time and effort. If that is fair for the game today why is it fair that players that hunted that same grow 2 weeks ago, or 2 years ago, didn't have that worry and would always get a viable pokemon?

Why not hunt for non shiny ones? You could be nicely surprised (just to give you an example, I caught a shiny growl back when ivs where 28+ all across yet I use a non shiny one because I find it to be more useful)

OneMillionRattatas said:
If it's fair that way, then why not fair for all? My suggestion still doesn't nerf old pokemon to the level of the current game, just a compromise:

Current shiny:

New shiny range: 24+ IVs

This compromise would allow older players to keep their advantage (and max stats in all cases) but I believe is more fair to everyone. And just my idea, why not add your own or tweak mine instead of just repeating that it makes perfect sense to nerf new shinies but not old?

20+ shinies I think just means up to half or more shinies will now be throwaways, and that's just unfair to all players I believe. The shiny boost was OP that's why it is being nerfed, fair enough. But why to the point where so many will be all but useless in future?

No matter if staff listen to this and make more changes or not, older players like me will always have the advantage over the new, why does the gap have to be so wide?

The gap is nowhere near as wide as you people are making it out to be. Nowadays there's a wider range of pokemon that could work nicely in battle in comparison to the amount there was in the past few years. About the shiny change, it's not like finding a 28+ iv shiny became impossible. If it had become impossible I could agree to those changes but since it isn't that suggestion doesn't really make much sense

BlameAoD

OneMillionRattatas said:
Current shiny:
IF, if they change IVs (which I don't think they should) this would be reasonable and yes some pokes in game have 32 IVs I have a S Egg with a 32 stat I think. The 32 stats should def. stay the same these are great relics and as stated before it would be like taking away an event item just because new players can't get them. I actually think your suggestions are even better than the one I had posted for if they change the IVs on the last page.
BlameAoD said:
If you change current shiny IVs I honestly think they should be 25-32 because a lot of older S do have IVs as high as 32 and I think the possibility should still be there for those Pokemon. Or maybe just not change that specific stat on the Pokemon if they have one that is 32 because as stated several pages back some people paid way more for them just because they had "impossible" IVs. I'd rather not see them touched at all, because as someone else stated they will thin out over time and I'd like for some to still be around. If they are not changed sure the older players will have an advantage, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Personally I am a collector so my S Pokemon will not be sold if anything I'm more likely to buy more, which means that even though I am an old player I will still be left at a "disadvantage" having to pay more for good S for my collection. Whereas I am sure many will sell to take "advantage" but the money will surely be circulated anyways so what does it matter in the long run? I think people are just mad about the change (which is understandable) and just want to see others S IVs brought down because they feel "ripped off" even though their S will still be WAY better than most found in a handheld. I think one day the IVs for S Pokemon here should match the handhelds, but it should be done slowly and with notice and I do not think that the existing Pokemon should be affected due to my reasons stated above. The idea of lowering the encounter rates a bit would be a decent compensation for the newer players I think too, but idk I just read it and thought that would be better than changing existing Pokemon IMO. Either way these are just my thoughts on the matter and overall I think this was a needed change with the direction the economy was headed. Happy hunting see yall in-game! :3

JD001

Youngster
Alright, everyone seems to be uberly butthurt about the shinies.

How about you focus on the ones that don't sparkle?

1) These are JUST AS GOOD if not better than the new shinies or even the old ones.
2) A lot more easily obtainable, usually cheaper than their shiny counterparts
3) The new shiny IV thing will only affect you if you let it. Just like the old players worked hard to earn theirs you will earn yours whether they are the new iv's or the older ones. No pain no gain, beggars, whiners, and quitters get nowhere.

jnJRaaN.png
H7z6DLp.png
kdotecg.png
mr9rMWe.png
GvmR5nU.png
of3P6P4.png
wlKfIBN.png
pkScov3.png
iJBWquy.png
YF3r6LK.png
Vi3aPNF.png
LT5XHht.png
14savzg.png
4D3VCIt.png
L7qzXSJ.png
lszev7D.png
4tmUDof.png
GwtelGj.png
arpkFDA.png
7kJqlR8.png
k0yfI6h.png
Qf0zogJ.png
6rbv8H7.png
kYRAIcK.png
rz4zoER.png
zxNqCCI.png
ra3aD6m.png
fhIefwf.png
jmYJS0a.png
xQC6IKF.png
EVjJT2Y.png
k926SXd.png
ZV3OxM8.png
G2T0MXt.png
94Gsmzd.png
VazsNSf.png

gFod4ZH.png

Good day.

pokearcanine

JD001 said:

1) These are JUST AS GOOD if not better than the new shinies or even the old ones.
3) The new shiny IV thing will only affect you if you let it. Just like the old players worked hard to earn theirs you will earn yours whether they are the new iv's or the older ones. No pain no gain, beggars, whiners, and quitters get nowhere.

jnJRaaN.png
H7z6DLp.png
kdotecg.png
mr9rMWe.png
GvmR5nU.png
of3P6P4.png
wlKfIBN.png
pkScov3.png
iJBWquy.png
YF3r6LK.png
Vi3aPNF.png
LT5XHht.png
14savzg.png
4D3VCIt.png
L7qzXSJ.png
lszev7D.png
4tmUDof.png
GwtelGj.png
arpkFDA.png
7kJqlR8.png
k0yfI6h.png
Qf0zogJ.png
6rbv8H7.png
kYRAIcK.png
rz4zoER.png
zxNqCCI.png
ra3aD6m.png
fhIefwf.png
jmYJS0a.png
xQC6IKF.png
EVjJT2Y.png
k926SXd.png
ZV3OxM8.png
G2T0MXt.png
94Gsmzd.png
VazsNSf.png

gFod4ZH.png

Good day.
Are we showing up now? :p

pokearcanine

OneMillionRattatas said:

If the new updated shiny rate is fair for the game, why is it not fair for all players? Today I could start hunting for a shiny growlithe and spend weeks doing so or longer and come up with a crappy low 20s IV grow in all the places I need good stats. In fact, the odds are now that I will certainly not get an uber/epic grow for my time and effort. If that is fair for the game today why is it fair that players that hunted that same grow 2 weeks ago, or 2 years ago, didn't have that worry and would always get a viable pokemon?
20 IV is pretty viable,and its not like its 20-21 iv,its 20-32,so in the worst case scenario you will get a decent pokemon

KaiTheRageInducer

JD001 said:

jnJRaaN.png
H7z6DLp.png
kdotecg.png
mr9rMWe.png
GvmR5nU.png
of3P6P4.png
wlKfIBN.png
pkScov3.png
iJBWquy.png
YF3r6LK.png
Vi3aPNF.png
LT5XHht.png
14savzg.png
4D3VCIt.png
L7qzXSJ.png
lszev7D.png
4tmUDof.png
GwtelGj.png
arpkFDA.png
7kJqlR8.png
k0yfI6h.png
Qf0zogJ.png
6rbv8H7.png
kYRAIcK.png
rz4zoER.png
zxNqCCI.png
ra3aD6m.png
fhIefwf.png
jmYJS0a.png
xQC6IKF.png
EVjJT2Y.png
k926SXd.png
ZV3OxM8.png
G2T0MXt.png
94Gsmzd.png
VazsNSf.png

gFod4ZH.png
Good day.

Looks like you stopped all the complaints. Kudos to you my good sir

OneMillionRattatas

KaiTheRageInducer said:
JD001 said:

Ha, this post is about the shiny nerf, not non shiny pokemon. All he's done is call attention to the fact that shinies are becoming more like normal pokemon and yet us old players get to keep the ones with god like powers.

Updates that are good for the game should be good enough for all players.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
At this point you can no longer be taken seriously, your vision of things is far too twisted for you to listen to anyone that won't agree to what you're saying. Don't humilliate yourself further because you're making it clear now you base your post on nothing more than a whine

JD001

Youngster
OneMillionRattatas said:
KaiTheRageInducer said:
JD001 said:

Ha, this post is about the shiny nerf, not non shiny pokemon. All he's done is call attention to the fact that shinies are becoming more like normal pokemon and yet us old players get to keep the ones with god like powers.

You do realize the point of my post was to point out that shinies aren't everything in pwo. It's perfectly possible to obtain pokemon with awesome stats and not sparkle. I know what this thread is about and I posted that to show that the nerf really doesn't have to affect anyone. Find the uber pokes like the ones I posted and use them to trade for the "old" shinies. I'm an old player as well and I honestly couldn't give two *fill in the blank* about my shinies being nerfed. I rely on mostly uber pokes to battle and trade anyway. To me, shinies are just valuable pokes I can use for the more luxurious ubers that I want. Sure a lot of people are upset about the shinies but sooner or later everyone will have a mix of old and new. Noone was magically gifted all their shinies in their pc boxes. Everyone worked to get them, earn them. New players won't get the same luxury of getting those same shinies but they work their way up just as the old players did. If you're old, you know that this nerf isn't a new thing to pwo. You should remember that pwo used to have a Shiny Boost and that was taken from all shiny pokemon. How many people do you see still complaining about that? Do tell.
No? Didn't think so. Over time everyone adjusts and gets used to it and I would certainly say that that nerf back then has helped the game improve despite all the raging that took place when it was implemented. Progressively the shinies will revert to how they should be but it's a work in process, slowly but surely. Any and everyone should just accept the fact. If and when the next nerf occurs, all the shinies at that point and their owners will more than likely be opposed to having them adjusted to the new shiny IVs. And voila, circle complete and back to the beginning. Thus will begin a thread much like this one. Please refer to the meme I added in my previous post.

DomT.

Youngster
JD001 said:
OneMillionRattatas said:
KaiTheRageInducer said:
JD001 said:

You do realize the point of my post was to point out that shinies aren't everything in pwo. It's perfectly possible to obtain pokemon with awesome stats and not sparkle. I know what this thread is about and I posted that to show that the nerf really doesn't have to affect anyone. Find the uber pokes like the ones I posted and use them to trade for the "old" shinies. I'm an old player as well and I honestly couldn't give two *fill in the blank* about my shinies being nerfed. I rely on mostly uber pokes to battle and trade anyway. To me, shinies are just valuable pokes I can use for the more luxurious ubers that I want. Sure a lot of people are upset about the shinies but sooner or later everyone will have a mix of old and new. Noone was magically gifted all their shinies in their pc boxes. Everyone worked to get them, earn them. New players won't get the same luxury of getting those same shinies but they work their way up just as the old players did. If you're old, you know that this nerf isn't a new thing to pwo. You should remember that pwo used to have a Shiny Boost and that was taken from all shiny pokemon. How many people do you see still complaining about that? Do tell.
No? Didn't think so. Over time everyone adjusts and gets used to it and I would certainly say that that nerf back then has helped the game improve despite all the raging that took place when it was implemented. Progressively the shinies will revert to how they should be but it's a work in process, slowly but surely. Any and everyone should just accept the fact. If and when the next nerf occurs, all the shinies at that point and their owners will more than likely be opposed to having them adjusted to the new shiny IVs. And voila, circle complete and back to the beginning. Thus will begin a thread much like this one. Please refer to the meme I added in my previous post.
Great Say JD,100% agree with this

Mindless

Youngster
I apparently went off on someone.. Oops. Glad I've amassed a better collection now than I had back then tho :v