New Skill: Woodcutting/Headbutting/Bushwhacking/Foraging

Redwaller66

Certain pokemon can be found in trees such as pineco, munchlax, aipom, etc. This seems like a good opportunity to add another relatively easy to code skill on top of fishing in PWO.

The player would interact with vegetation to catch pokemon similarly to how fishing works. Add a bunch of pokemon that make sense to be found in trees such as:
Pineco, wurmple, silcoon, cascoon, pidgey, spearow, aipom, cherubi, combee, burmy, caterpie, weedle, bonsly/suduwoodo, heracross, munchlax, exegcute, ekans, hoothoot, venonat, ledyba, spinirak, natu, seedot, starly, slakoth, shroomish, etc. There can be different types of trees to whack. Berries should be a possible drop. Can only shake the same tree so many times before it needs to cool down like fishing locations.

If requiring a pokemon to use a move(headbutt) is too complicated to code in the current engine, then perhaps an item, such as an axe/hatchet/machete/honeypot/net can be used to clear/simply use facing trees or bushes.

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
perhaps an item, such as an axe/hatchet/machete/honeypot/net can be used to clear/simply use facing trees or bushes.
I personally have always liked the idea of items/tools in place of HMs and such. HMs have always been a pain which is something I love about PWO that they don't require them. I would be in support of key items for such things though.

Redwaller66

Perhaps the name could be foraging? Chance of finding berries as well?