New Server

GawertyXL

I don't like what's being implied here for several reasons, but due to time constraints, let me go with the biggest thing I can clearly see.

You want a new server to "help" bridge the gap between old players and new players? On top of this, you want to sell your old pokemon from the "original" server as we shall dub it for this conversation, so you yourself don't have to donate whereas anyone who may/may not have any progress on the "original" server would?

What kind of logic are you operating under? This could only crash and burn really, if PWO was still peaking activity like it was a few years ago, this may have been possible, excluding how spotty the connection to the game was then. With 20 truly active players in the last month (I think it was) PWO made roughly 3,000 which was in a screenshot on discord, that may seem like a lot, but between two servers, your quite literally doubling the cost they pay now, and splitting what population they have FOR NO REASON.

The reason why people who have older accounts have stuff is because they started earlier, there is no magical solution to fixing a gap in progress, if you want to be good, then earn your stripes and earn them well. Opening a server may fix this for a very short time, but it won't be the cure-all solution to everything because eventually the same thing may happen (It may not be noticeable quickly but eventually it will happen.)

I hate to break it to you, but logistically this is only doomed to fail at this current point in time, splitting a population of players should only be done under necessity, and not over such a small reason as wanting equal progress for a few weeks. It just doesn't work like that.

BeLLyFiZzLe

First of all Ive been here so long I dont even have a join date, so to have any of my Old school pokemon tampered with, erased etc would be an absolute no. Now I can see some points being made but Im going to be blunt and harsh. People are too soft and entitled these days. They dont want to work for or earn what others have and it weakens the whole process. How can you be frustrated and upset that there are people out there with better pokemon? Mind you those all 28s or 28 - 31s only give the pokemon a couple extra stat boosts lol nothing to OP every other player.... Also Ive seen players only a few weeks in, and with a bit of luck and smart thinking, they have more monies than me! lol... Wether it be in life, a game or whatever, there is always going to be the Elite. Should make you want to work harder and strive to get there. We didnt just obtain these overnight, we earned them through rigirous training, hunting etc. Not by complaining because someone is better than me and you want a fair playing field. I cant beleive this is even being discussed... People are too scared of hard work nowadays and people are too quick to cater for others getting their feelings hurt. harsh i know but i think this is a silly conversation... Old players earned this from being here since day dot. You want the same ? Earn them over time like we all did =) Youre my homie sparrow but i dont agree sorry...

Capt.Sparrow

@GawertyXL you dont really know about balance, old pokes are OP(overpower/overprice). 

ok we say like that it will happen. If we have 2 server it will split players...
Original server - 30ppl
New server - 1mnth 10ppl

Game is like that bro its start with sacrifice, time will come they will play this because this is balance server. 
No one will recognize of being have  a old pokes advantage until now. 

How you gonna invite to this server without few thing are really imposible, 

Ex. You a new guy
Ok you play a year probably you have a good pokes(new ivs/trategy/abilites)
What we have tournament.
 are you gonna join if you know you battle with lots
Of top battle guy without knowing he got with Ex. S sala,snor,lap,vire,swamp(old pokes/strategy/abilities)..

Player said this "we have less old shinies from before and they have offline " before they have many old shinies it was BALANCE, now time change  new ivs coming in, some old offline bcuz(banned,facing real life, bored w/out, tranzfer PRO or diff games) and the one who stay become Legendz. 

And The thruth is the less old shiny the more they become Over(price/power) NOT BALANCE..
Even many updates come.Ive been many games (new or not) as long its balance there will be playing. 

If we have balance server
Balance server - 50ppl a yr
All pokes are balance no old ivs
This 50ppl will battle you (strategy/abilities) 
You will never no whose the best even you offline many yrs. 
Your record will be ex 500win 500lose.
We can to lots tournament
Pokes are not expensive at all
And all will be posible to a new players to come.

I know i said wipe out, i know its imposible thats why i ask new server.You know whats the main plan of my suggestion?
When it happens if you promote this balance server lot will play. I know who will play(banned player,new player , even old players and even you) when time comes. Original server will die.  you afraid to start again?

Its only a suggestion guys right/wrong dont think this is selfish thing idea. 

Its up to the admin now.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
bro you made all of this for nothing you could just ask to get back to the old syst where the shinies 28+ :)

Capt.Sparrow

Its ok to say NO. I have no problem with that.
Only concern for the future who play.
Maybe time will come. Thanks for listening and gl here

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Someone said it's about players not wanting to put the hard work in. I don't think that's it at all. No matter how many hours of 'hard work' new players put in, most of them will never get a single 28+ IV shiny. None of them will ever get a 32IV anything. Old players will always have extra things simply because they are old players and have put a lot of time into the game, the main argument here is about things that can no longer be achieved. I think it's important to make that distinction and not belittle anyone who has a different opinion. It's always worth acknowledging there are other valid arguments than your own. :)

As for a new server, apart from the effort required for that from DEVs and ADMIN, which would be rather extensive I'd imagine. It would also require money of course. That would have to come from donators, who would get tokens for donating and be spending them on the new server. Even in the established server we have donations and token rewards have to be carefully monitored to keep them from being too generous, otherwise the imbalance would be noticed and we would be 'pay to win'. On a new server that would be much harder to avoid- everyone starts out with nothing yes, but some with benefits others lack. The imbalance there I think would be very very noticeable. Just something to think about.

At any rate as I said, all opinions are valid and the time hasn't yet arrived where we make our final decision on this matter, but it shouldn't be too far away. So never stop sharing your opinions on this or any other matter. :)

justme1306

Youngster
i do not agree on what you say fonty * new players put in, most of them will never get a single 28+ IV shiny. None of them will ever get a 32IV anything* not youre OT but u still can buy them and there is some cheap 32 ivs and old ivs...check mart there was crobat old ivs for 800k and 800k isnt that much money. u can go dragon den or mount silver to make lot of money quickly. ive made 75k this morning in mt silver. so its still possible to get them

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
you are wrong justy ( as always ) it took me around 5 weeks in dragon den to get 500k for a bike and for a new player ther's some other things that are better than spending a money on a pokemon so the truth i like sparrow idea cause it have the same thing as i was trying for a long time in discord ( putting new tutors for example to let the old players become interested but i think that the admins are aware of that cause they put 2 unobtainable pokemons in the last 2 events which is a great idea to start with :)

justme1306

Youngster
then lets wipe the server and lose most of players :) because there is more unhappy players with a wipe than no wipe but whatever we can talk about it for months only staff will decide.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
you are not getting my point -_- :
we don't need to get a new server to let the old players get back staff are doing they best atm by spawning unobtainable poke's and some tutors too so it's the same thing as making a new server to let the new players reach the old players levels :)

Rigaudon

Youngster
One thing to consider: How does a small group of people having some now-unobtainable Pokemon prevent others from engaging/enjoying with the game? Unless you're in the top %, it isn't going to affect you. Yeah, it's not ideal, but neither is completely wiping the game. Even with 28+ IVs, you can go toe to toe. I know a lot of MMOs are completely unbalanced by this, but PWO was redesigned around these issues and has a lot of ways for newbies to get a team of low rarities and compete on a budget. If I'm wrong about that, that's a spawn issue, not a server-wipe worthy issue.
Anything else is a complaint about not being able to have the same collection as everyone else, which is true but mild. Why would we wipe everyone's progress over that?

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
ok then let's just stop this now for sparrow bro you can't just ask for a new server for new players cause i am one of them and just like what justme1988 said i have a lot of poke's/money more than a lot of old players this is cause of just hunting/trading so if anyone want to make a new server you can do that by yourself but make sure to make another game too cause trust me bro no one will play there without the old poke's and let's be real here if there haven't been old iv's shiny poke's all of them shiny new iv's will be soooo expensive even for new players since they are rare but besides that i would to suggest to kee the events systeme which is riga doing it now for the tm's cause they where old tm's and thnx bro ( hope this will end it )

shodan21

Youngster
With regard to the old shinies issue, its not impossible for new shinies to be 28+ or non-shinies to be 28+ (there are some that exist).  If the goal is to get rid of old shinies, what about those?  If we did the new server, designed intentionally for a "more level playing field", so to speak, what happens if a player finds a 28+ poke on that server? Would we say "no, sorry, you cant have that" and wipe it too?  And how does the level playing field idea not become a slippery slope to all caught pokes on that server having constant IVs, thus completely ending any economy on it?

e: Also, old shinies are not that overpowered in battle. The only "broken" thing about old pokes is 32 speed, and that really only matters against 31 speed pokes in the same speed tier, not to mention very few of those exist anyway.

GuiiHenrique

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Ding ding, come on ...[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I do not think it's a good justification to create a new server just by thinking that new players are being harmed. The fact is that no matter what is done, created or speculated, you will never be able to please 100% of the players. Take into consideration also that we are all new to something and that we will hardly be the best in our positions. I do not want to discourage anyone or say that a new player has no rights, but if you want to talk about justice, create a new server with the intention of equaling everyone, it will make you unfair to the old players.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]I also believe that this is directly linked to and will influence the collectors' gameplay, as no one will want to waste time creating a collection having the uncertainty that a new server will be created whenever the game seems to be "unfair" to someone. This is the kind of thing that if you do once, will always have to do, because we are talking about justice and competitiveness. The result of this sums up to losing more players.[/font][/font][/size]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]Another argument quoted that I could observe is that this would put an end to the overprices of the game. Well, think that at the beginning will be the same players, however, on a different server, that is, it is no use you to change a player of server without being able to change the thoughts and ways of him playing it. You also can not filter who goes or not for a new server, because we are talking about justice and competitiveness.[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]With regard to ivs of shinies I will not comment. I never understood what they had in mind when they made shinies "benefited," their only difference should be a different color with a glow only at the beginning of a battle.[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]"No rb". Well, I do not see why. In my opinion, rb serves as a distraction and I do not think this is capable of disrupting anyone.[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]Summing up…[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]As I mentioned above, if you want to create a new server just because the game seems to be unfair to new players, you will have to do this every time. In my view the result of this will be just the loss of players. I believe other ways to increase competitiveness and get a new player to be seen. An example, hmmm ... A "Ranked" mode (wins - losses, Showdown style) could be created, and that after a period (1 or 2 months) it would have a reset, putting all players on the same levelin this "new mode". So no one would lose their Pokémon, money or achievements, the player would participate of their own accord (it is up to him to decide whether or not his team is able to challenge other players), and would be aware that he would be at the top just for their merits.[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][font=Arial, sans-serif]To finish:[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Well, I'm not against a game having more than one server, however this is totally unfeasible in the current times of the PWO due to its lack of players. Two or more servers in one game only if you can keep a reasonable amount of players in them, which is able to meet the needs of both. Finishing, all my comments are based on what I see inside the game, I do not want to say that you are right or wrong, but I want to pass on the vision that I have of this subject.[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
btw guihenrique he means no overprice cause everyone will put very high price for their poke's so every poke's will be in extremely levels to buy :)

justme1306

Youngster
new players need some dedication to the game...just like old players did when they joined. join another game online and you will see, it takes time to reach old players. even if we wipe or use another server to get 500k it can takes week for newbies even with a new server. but if you guys really want a new server and staff agree alright but when i read old server no more updates or events thats like punishing players to have playing before newbies.
in my opinion its just extra cost and i doubt newbie will pay for it. many players asking for this server didnt play last 5 years or are inactive. and in a few years when newbie will join they will ask for the same thing lol we cant add server each time or wipe each time. that game is almost 10 years old some people played full 10 years imagine losing 10 years of progression for some unhappy players.

Capt.Sparrow

Our target here is a BALANCE SERVER to posible to everyone who play.
Deleting/adding old ivs pokes [its good idea to Balance the game] but have always prob to anyone..how about the Old player? thats why if we NEW SERVER is a choice if you stay or move without prob its your decision.

Ok lets pretend im a like you..
sparrow this is balance server ok. i dont know why we discuss this stupid idea. I have my S cloy, worth 500m pokes and millions in my bank. I dont like losing it and i dont care to anyone new players, if they want this farm it be like me and others have 10k hrs farming..the vote is our no one will agree to you sparrow cuz theres no new player cant talk here. This is a bad idea

Disagree, Dont change anything admin ok the game is balance already.. this is my last post sparrow

Klay

Youngster
Hi, I'm not new in this convo, but since you kindly ignored my questions, let's say I am new in this convo.

I started in middle 2015, never met/had old ivs nor 32 ones, and I literally don't care about them. I mostly catch the poks I want, I don't often sell/buy poks, I do sometimes pvp with my "trashy non old ivs" poks (have a 50/50 ratio +/- ), I never had cash issues (I have 24m in my bank and was able to pay 50k for a surfboard once I arrived in Olivine). Note that I also never donated and I gained 3 days of ms this year in a quizz mini game. Yup, I'm telling my life.
In 2 years, because I enjoyed the game at the beginning, I gave myself the will to continue to play to this mmo and I have mostly what I want in available stuff. This meaning I hunted by myself, I never begged for anything and I can say I have now a comfy sofa in this community.
Yeah I have 3000h+. It's a mmo, and as in all mmos you have to put your social life in a corner to achieve your goals. If new players really enjoy the game, it should not bother them to often come and grind for what they want. "Old" players have OP poks? Why should you care? You're new, you don't even have 300hours of gameplay. If a new player expects to be as OP as those old players who grinded/were here at the "best" time, then he never played to a mmo. Ok they have poks with awesome/impossible ivs, does that mean you can't beat them with somewhat decent ivs? No. Those players always use the same poks: Arca, Gengar, Weavile, Snorlax, Breloom, Skarmory... Don't be stupid and make your own strategy to deal against them. Against overused physical sweepers, go for Intimidate neverused poks like Stantler. Want a cleric but too poor to grind/buy a Chansey? Use a Granbull. Scared of Dragonite? Mamoswine and Lapras are your best friends. Ok Lapras is t5, but eh, isn't Pokemon all about "catch'em all"? How those new players did in handheld games? Begging?
So yes Sapphire isn't balanced if you have 0 competitive poks. But a new server will be unbalanced as well in 2 years for the future new players. And don't tell they can donate to be at the same level as "old players of new server". Not everyone (and especially kids) doesn't have access to Paypal. And PWO isn't a P2W, no matter what you want to think. Want to be competitive? Do as in handheld pokemon games and grind. Don't care about pvp? Do like me: hunt, enjoy the community as it is, sell the trash you find sometimes, start a collection and, if you have nothing to do, why not training others poks?

I think I said what I wanted to say, I'll kindly ignore all answers to this post as Sparrow ignored my previous post, and I'll leave this convo here. Not like Spearrow who said it was his final post on this several posts ago, but still posting.

dropped the mic and went to hell