NEW Players Guide.

Meluxie

Useful to know. Though I do have a question. In game, when you friend someone. How can you delete them? IE: I accepted a friend request from this person after a battle I had with them. But now they are becoming really obnoxious and sometimes a little stalker ish. I've blocked them, but I would really like to remove this person from my list but can't figure out how to do that as silly as that may sound.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Meluxie said:
Useful to know. Though I do have a question. In game, when you friend someone. How can you delete them? IE: I accepted a friend request from this person after a battle I had with them. But now they are becoming really obnoxious and sometimes a little stalker ish. I've blocked them, but I would really like to remove this person from my list but can't figure out how to do that as silly as that may sound.

Type /friend <name> on chat box and press enter. After reloging he'll be removed.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Meluxie said:

Just use the same command to remove them from your list: /friend nickname

All ingame commands can be found here:

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Commands

There are a couple of new ones from the latest release of the client probably not listed there:

/joyoff if you have a usb device which freezes your character

Smileys: =), =(, ='(, and =D

Meluxie

HitmonFonty said:
Meluxie said:

Just use the same command to remove them from your list: /friend nickname

All ingame commands can be found here:

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Commands

There are a couple of new ones from the latest release of the client probably not listed there:

/joyoff if you have a usb device which freezes your character

Smileys: =), =(, ='(, and =D
julio2503 said:
Meluxie said:

Type /friend <name> on chat box and press enter. After reloging he'll be removed.

Thank you both so much! I will do that. and also 'll check out that link. Again, thanks so much! <3 :)

ntopaminis

do effort values count in PWO or not? it would be a shame to start playing and lvl up without kowing that in the first place... ?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
ntopaminis said:
do effort values count in PWO or not? it would be a shame to start playing and lvl up without kowing that in the first place... ?
Effort values are NOT currently implemented in PWO at this time.

Relyne said:
how long do i have to wait to retry a battle with a gym leader?
24 hours.

Edoc

I have one little question as a new player.. Is there a hotkey for battles? At this rate my mouse is gonna break...

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Edoc said:
I have one little question as a new player.. Is there a hotkey for battles? At this rate my mouse is gonna break...

No, you have two choices- use the mouse or set up a game pad controller for the game.

MMFRDigues

accursed1 said:
nice guide fonty, and thanks for putting my link in there.

I'd like to know how long do I have to wait to battle against a NPC again, after losing to it.. Thanks a lot for the help!!

Benestt

Invalid username or password

I get error when entering the game, incorrect password or user name, and playerdex let me enter the normal account and the game gives me error, why?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Re: Invalid username or password

Benestt said:
I get error when entering the game, incorrect password or user name, and playerdex let me enter the normal account and the game gives me error, why?

The most likely possibility is that there is a character in your password that the client doesn't like or can't process. I suggest changing your password on the Playerdex and removing any special characters or non-english letters you suspect may be the culprit.

MrJimmyZ5.1

Thank yah  :p HitmonFonty, you've helped me so much with this guide.

Because luckily someone yesterday helped me in game .. before to stuck the game was continuing to respawn me 3/4 foots back.
I've tried to speak with Pansy, quit and relog .. but no one helped me for a lot.

I've spoken with PMs in game to Alyssa and Darkbuster ... if I've had the same problem, I'll use your advices.
... also if a lot of trainers have bugs and something  :exclamation:

Grayscale

Hey where can I find the chat commands for the in-game chat, ie: what pokemon can be found on the current map

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
This guide suggests buying a "Great Ball Upgrade" that no longer exists. Also, there is a section about failing to level up pokemon at level 99 since that is the cap it becomes impossible. That cap has been increased to 100 now and the section should be updated. There is a section that talks about not switching since that was a problem, but it seems that most of those problems have been resolved and that section is no longer needed. I think the section about rebattling gym leaders is also currently false, and can be edited/ removed.