New idea to prevent fake iv scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon16

Youngster
So there has been one thing i was thinking of to go along with the iv command. when a pokemon is put into the trade it normally just shows the stats, but my idea that could help prevent these scams where a player sends the iv's of one pokemon and trade you a completely different pokemon is if the pokemons id number was also visible when the pokemon is placed into the trade box.
just a suggestion, any comments?

I.Am

Iuri said:
Hello:

Or even better, put the iv's of the poke ;)

Yea. Like this for an example :

HP : 244 (28)
ATK : 208 (30)
DEF : 142 (29)
SPATK : 118 (28)
SPDEF : 118 (28)
SPD : 95 (29)

Tendou

If you really want a safe trading thats viable but still not enough. Even with the new /iv command don't trust 100% on it during a trade you know why, the only 100% way to peform the safest trade is looking over player's account at playerdex using the ID they iv'ed you as references to search the poke and to note down its stats, it may take awhile but it is safe if the person doesn't allow his profile to be viewed you can stop trusting on him/her

king1234

Youngster
Tendou said:
If you really want a safe trading thats viable but still not enough. Even with the new /iv command don't trust 100% on it during a trade you know why, the only 100% way to peform the safest trade is looking over player's account at playerdex using the ID they iv'ed you as references to search the poke and to note down its stats, it may take awhile but it is safe if the person doesn't allow his profile to be viewed you can stop trusting on him/her

Theres one problem with that idea, when everyone starts the game, (making a new account). The default settings in the playerdex profiles is all private. Most people wouldn't bother to change the settings, i played for years and my settings remained "Yourself only".

ehx6w.png

Tendou

king1234 said:
Theres one problem with that idea, when everyone starts the game, (making a new account). The default settings in the playerdex profiles is all private. Most people wouldn't bother to change the settings, i played for years and my settings remained "Yourself only".

Not really an issue compared with the scam headache, if the player dont want to show then why would you trust on it further? Also we can guide them to unlock it and lock it later on. If the person really agreed to sell it i don't see a reason to hide its info

Orean

Website
twitter.com
I understand the potential duplicity with the current system, and I agree that the authenticity holes mentioned should warrant this suggestion in displaying the IDs and/or the IVs of the Pokemon in the trade. However, the trade-screen window likely won't be able to have stable textual alterations without a new client—this has been suggested before, and it was noted by an Admin that it would likely crash the client/server to display different data (IDs and/or IVs, in this suggestion) than what the client already accommodates for (the Pokemon name, level, etc...).

The best course of precaution that I can advise for now, if you are really worried about this type of scam, would be to ask them to display all of their Pokemon in the trade window, then to see if there are any equal-level duplicates of the Pokemon they proposed to you; if they send you the IVs while in the Union Room floor, then show that there is no other Pokemon of the same level (it's an off-chance that any intently honest trader would), then they won't be able to pull off this type of switcheroo without going downstairs back to the PC. This may require taking more steps than what could be readily provable in a future client update (allowing you to cross-examine the IDs/IVs of a Pokemon from the /iv command and in the trade window), but it still exists as a surefire way to negate it in the meantime, for those who prefer to exercise caution.

SOULTAKER1994

Tendou said:
my profile cant be viewed unless ive added anyone on playerdex.. besides i doubt anyone has time to open the pdex copy the stats calculate it and agree to the trade .. cause the person trading would always be like.. Hey.. ????....and eventually close trade window or just disagree to trade it would be better that the ivs of the pokes pop up with the stats in the window it would be easier as well ;P

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I still think the best would be to make the main idea work. If that's not possible yet, let's be more careful and check the stats as in the ancient way; Veekun.[/glow] :p

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
So question: Is the stats displaying incorrectly on the client still an issue? Or did the recent update fix that?

And if so that would mean the main reason to be stat-scammed these days would be not checking the stats of the pokemon in the trade window? Or possible the fast-switch at the end of the trade method?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I think you made the correct question. Myself too many times didn't check the stats. Maybe laziness, relying too much on other players or for thinking that the system function is to facilitate the functions of the game and eliminate the necessary to use another calculator.[/glow]

Status
Not open for further replies.