Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nistaa

Hey all,
I think from these past year or two, everyone who was online knows me... So what just crossed my mind is the thing about players who have done something bad in the past and got banned but not for all eternity right? My opionion is that, ppl can change and we should give those players 2nd chances with restriction that if they make another thing that is shady or in the gray zone(which ofc needs to be first verified and proved) but if they do it again and i think they won't,they should be banned for real then. To be honest, there are a lot of players that make shady business atm in PWO, but I was never, I am not now, and I will never be a snitch so when you ask me who, I won't give you the names of players who are doing something that is not by the rules, and it happens on daily basis... But point of this post is that players should get 2nd chance, because opportunity makes a thief, and that is in our human nature. We all make mistakes, if someone disagrees then that person should really ask themselves : have I done anything wrong, have I ever lied etc... But to deduce the answer is easy, cuz everybody lies and no it's not House MD quote it's real thing.
So i'm just asking you as a community : Should we give new chance to the players who did such shady things? For example, my friend has trade ban, other friend is banned permanently, so they are not allowed to be given a second chance because 4 or 5 years ago they were stupid kids who were addicted and wanted to grab everything( that was the opportunity that made them thiefs) but they are not, they are good ppl who helped a lot of you and will be helping in the future. I want to propose that we should have some council except GM's and Admins, and that council should be made of players who have time to discuss things like this, because it's nothing more than politcs. I'm mathematican and i won't to do that, but as far as I've seen, noone is doing nothing and that not good. We should be together like community and tell the GM's and Admins what we don't like and what we like.
With best regards to the staff and the players

nistaa

Klay

Youngster
When they create an account, they're supposed to read the rules. If they don't follow those, it's normal to ban them. And hiding people who're breaking rules should also be punished imo.

About who should judge if a player should be banned or not, it's only GMs work, not Admins. And if players should be part of any trial, it would result in corruption (because getting an injected shiny/epic IVs/not obtainable from a hacker is pretty tempting for any player).

So it's a no for me.

About your banned friends, unless they have their IP banned, they still can make a new account and start from scratch.

Edit: if you don't want to report about what you're stating (people breaking daily the rules), stop with that, it's not Community Watch here

Last edited:

nistaa

When they create an account, they're supposed to read the rules. If they don't follow those, it's normal to ban them. And hiding people who're breaking rules should also be punished imo.

About who should judge if a player should be banned or not, it's only GMs work, not Admins. And if players should be part of any trial, it would result in corruption (because getting an injected shiny/epic IVs/not obtainable from a hacker is pretty tempting for any player).
So it's a no for me.

About your banned friends, unless they have their IP banned, they still can make a new account and start from scratch.
Yes, I agree they should read the rules. But if they have read the rules, and after 2years of playin make 1 mistake, they should get banned immidatealy?
About a second part I disagree with you, because it doesn't necessarily mean that it would result in corruption. Ofc it is tempting to get those pokes, but there is a simple solution to that, and all I can say about that is that we can form like a council of 5 players(it just should be odd number) but players need to be objective and that is not a problem for me... I mean, if we do something like that the structure of banning players will depend also on players, cuz for example if someone gets banned, ofc his/her friends will be on their side,but I propose an objective council that can say their opinion to the GM's whose decision is final. Only thing is that, GM's are not active much and players are, they see what is happening in the game, and those players who should be discussed by that council will get a verdict that will be sent to GM. It would be far more easier for them then to see the situation and to make decision what will they do with those players. I think we need some changes in that system, but i don't expect that many will agree with me cuz it's something ppl don't want to discuss, but all I can say is that some players got banned and they shouldn't be, while real hackers still playing... It's the fact that makes me sad... I don't care about pokes they got and stuff they have, but something like this is just a proposal to make our community better. And CG is needed, we need someone that's more active than stuff, i don't say that they are not active but there are players who spend like 5/7 days in a week in game for at least 4-5 hours, and that's really enough to see what are others talking, doing etc... I hope you got my idea.

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
for un-banning: problem is the property obtained unlawfully . and also how to detect which of them was unlawfull. if an account got 50m and 10t3 shiny;how to detect how much of these were problem. and if it is allowed to come back it will create frustration ans also more corruptuion for obvious reasons. and if all property is eraesed then no point to unban. i would agree if there will be a method of detecting unlawful things in an account. at most giving them %10of their money is doable imo as how to pick and whon to pick between 300+pokemons (which some are not even cathable anymore) to decide the %10 of pokemons.

for counsil: if it would be a just suggestive council i would agree. it will have the potential to give support or detect cheating (if stuff cheking it would dig decently i think it can detect who bribes for whom and the network,though not easy).

doable for council
hardly doable for unban
if remained in this state,no for both .

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
First of all: in most cases your not getting (permanently) banned immediately: there are warnings, mutes, temporary trade/account bans that can be used to guide people back that have strayed from the right path. To get struck with a permaban right of the bat means they've done something so severe that the integrity of their entire account has come into question. I do not know which players you're specifically referring to, nor do I know their behaviour or which rules they broke, but saying that they made '1 mistake' to refer to what very well may be premeditated stealing of other players' Pokemon (which your purposely vague description of what had occurred has lead me to believe)... that doesn't fly with me.
You're asking us to sympathize with those who break the rules because it's their love for this game that makes them ruin the game for others? Do me a favour and pretend it had been you that had been taken advantage of: Your most valuable and beloved Pokemon taken away by some bloke whose lies created an opportunity to steal them from you. Those are the people you should sympathize with.
Everyone deserves a second chance, but rewarding them by giving them back all their possibly illegitimate obtained Pokemon and money is miles away from the fresh start they deserve and need.

Klay

Youngster
For those interested in this thread suggestion, here's a conversation we had earlier on Discord
Screen_Shot_11-17-19_at_05.33_PM.PNG

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
As this thread has devolved into public sparring between named individuals; and I have actually had reports of it causing distress to others as well, I am locking this forthwith.

Status
Not open for further replies.