New Battle Items inflict status on own pokemon

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
In line with the Toxic Orb/ Flame Orb, I'd like to suggest new battle items be created that when used, they will give your own pokemon the status condition you desire.

Mindless

Youngster
Are you referring to uniquely PWO-related items or actual items from newer games being implemented into PWO?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I am not aware of any items like this in the official games. So far as I know, it would be unique to PWO.

Isguros

Youngster
The only other status infliction that might be able to get this treatment is paralysis, but honestly; I don't think it would be very useful to consider.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I don't think it would be very useful

My Shedinja would love to get paralyzed so it can't get poisoned or burned. It would be useful in this case. But it is tricky to think up another scenario, other than finding pokemon that want to avoid power reduction from burns and that are slow. Only slow tanks would benefit. Only other real purpose I could think of would be to give Kazam a "Static Orb" or whatever it would be called, and then use Trick to give it to the enemy to paralyze them instead.

Mindless

Youngster
My Shedinja would love to get paralyzed so it can't get poisoned or burned. It would be useful in this case. But it is tricky to think up another scenario, other than finding pokemon that want to avoid power reduction from burns and that are slow. Only slow tanks would benefit. Only other real purpose I could think of would be to give Kazam a "Static Orb" or whatever it would be called, and then use Trick to give it to the enemy to paralyze them instead.
in short, you want items for all status conditions and boosts.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
More or less.

A consumable item like Antidote, but that inflicts the condition could be quite useful.