Multiple Spawn sites per Event Map

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
What I mean specifically is that this current map for the Event, Hallow Town, has an Ocean, and a Small Pond. Logically, the Small Pond should have Different Spawns from the Ocean since it is Fresh Water, and the Ocean should have it's own spawns. For instance, Staryu and Carvanha belong in the Ocean Spawn, Feebas in the Pond.

I don't recall this being a thing recently. Maybe in events of the distant past it was.

shodan21

Youngster
splitting river reserve is actually an example of this - the three different areas are all on the same map, but with different spawns. my understanding from Riga is that it's terribly difficult to manage, so i doubt that's a desired option, even though your reasoning makes sense.

Isguros

Youngster
Ilex Forest is another map with multiple spawn sets, and it's rumoured that Safari Zone 2 is as well, though I've never gone there to see for myself.
As for the proposition: I can understand your point of view, I just don't know how feasible it is. Water spawns are quite unique in the fact that almost every Pokemon that spawns there is a Water type, and not only that, but there are both surfing and fishing spawns that usually differ from each other.
My point is: if you want to make every body of water have lore-friendly spawns, it'll become confusing and overwhelming. And with just one type to fill those spawns, it's hard to make each one of them appealing, not to mention future events.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
It is perfectly possible for PWO to offer different spawns for more fine-tuned sections of a map as well as those that apply over the map's entirety, and the feature is indeed used, but sparingly. The overwhelming majority of PWO maps have the same spawns at the same rates consistently throughout the map. To do otherwise on a more frequent basis would be any combination of unfair/misleading, unwarranted, or unwieldy to maintain.