Miltank swarm

desya

Youngster
Don't judge a text by its beginning. I was initially not very happy that a pokemon from t4 was chosen. And he became just t3. It wasn't one of the best Pokémon in the game either. But this swarm made a lot of people play.
Therefore my wish. Make a swarm of inaccessible Pokémon, with a difficulty level of t5. Shinies we will catch at the events.
Thank you for the activity of the administration. I am desya - best player of the game.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Therefore my wish. Make a swarm of inaccessible Pokémon, with a difficulty level of t5. Shinies we will catch at the events.
Thank you for the activity of the administration. I am desya - best player of the game.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind.

DH94

Youngster
First and foremost I need to thank the Staff for organizing another great swarm, although some people had the opinion that the tiers were too high and it was not worth their time, but perhaps its for the best, let the players decide if they want to participate and dedicate their time to the swarms instead of having too many good pokes to hunt and feeling the pressure of missing out if you decide not to participate or are unable to.
This said, I myself spent a grand total of 53 playhours in this swarm (insane, I know) and found 52 Pikachu, 53 Miltank (15 in the last 2 hours), 9 shiny Weedle, 2 shiny Kakuna and one shiny Caterpie (thank god).
Its a shame we didnt manage to find a shiny Miltank at the end (had my holly cow punchline ready for when I would :p), but that fault lies in the number of players with membership who actively decided to participate (cant imagine more than 400 Miltanks have been found in total), but I think a lot of people decided to show up considering everything and I think such weekend swarms are more than welcome addition to the game.
Looking forward to the next one :D

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
So since opinions are being thrown around, why wouldn't I throw mine too? From what I have seen lately in that latest period basically I could feel some advancement and progress after looking at the bigger picture from my humble experience. Humans by nature always get the greed when they see the road being paved and its normal. But from zero events or only big occasional events and rare swarms to swarms and a tournament + potential tournaments and more swarm.. This is really pleasant to see.

Aside from the fact that Miltank was t4 or t3 or whatsoever, imagine if 10 players hunt and each get 500 miltanks in 2-3 days, the value of miltank will drop in the market and the pokemon will be as less value as it could be.

Being tier 3-4 then dropping 1 less tier by the end of the swarm is the smartest way it could be done. Aside from the swarm being a "Miltank swarm" it's good that a swarm is happening and I personally don't mind seeing people gathering for an activity in game. Keep it up.

Well, Desya has a point too but this time Desya isn't happy and Fadoka is happy. lol EZ.

Last edited:

desya

Youngster
So since opinions are being thrown around, why wouldn't I throw mine too? From what I have seen lately in that latest period basically I could feel some advancement and progress after looking at the bigger picture from my humble experience. Humans by nature always get the greed when they see the road being paved and its normal. But from zero events or only big occasional events and rare swarms to swarms and a tournament + potential tournaments and more swarm.. This is really pleasant to see.

Aside from the fact that Miltank was t4 or t3 or whatsoever, imagine if 10 players hunt and each get 500 miltanks in 2-3 days, the value of miltank will drop in the market and the pokemon will be as less value as it could be.

Being tier 3-4 then dropping 1 less tier by the end of the swarm is the smartest way it could be done. Aside from the swarm being a "Miltank swarm" it's good that a swarm is happening and I personally don't mind seeing people gathering for an activity in game. Keep it up.

Well, Desya has a point too but this time Desya isn't happy and Fadoka is happy. lol EZ.
But I also describe this event as positive! I just wish there was more. Because making a t3 pokemon when it's a t4 is not exactly what I would like. This is just my opinion. desya is not bad, desya is desya.
I hope admins don't ban me.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
But I also describe this event as positive! I just wish there was more. Because making a t3 pokemon when it's a t4 is not exactly what I would like. This is just my opinion. desya is not bad, desya is desya.
I hope admins don't ban me.

No one will get close to you as long as you always say your opinion in a polite and neat way.

Big fan of the personal vlog mate.

Cleveland

Youngster
Thank you staff for another fun swarm. Wish I had more time to hunt but had bad luck with family gathering during the same time.

I like the idea of having high tier pokes available at one lower tier during swarm like this one, but I also like @desya 's idea of having an UC at T5/T4 in some swarms as well. And to @DH94 's point, I wonder if also including a lower tier poke in the swarm as well might be a good idea so shiny hunters have a little more incentive to participate. For shiny hunters (such as myself), it's not practical to be able to find a T2+ shiny in just a few days. But finding a T1 shiny, obviously, is.

For instance, include in a future swarm:
-UC poke as T4/T5 OR a T4/T5 poke available at one lower tier
AND
-T2 poke available at T1 OR T3 poke available at T2

This proposal would give most players an incentive to participate, IMO. You want to hunt UC/high tier pokes? Good. You want to hunt for rarer shinies at a lower, reasonable tier? Good.

Not sure if there have been swarms with more than one "special" poke in the past, but I think we could have some epic swarms with this kind of setup.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Been very pleased with the swarms and community engagement in recent months, keep up the good work :cool:

Degesinho

Youngster
Website
www.twitch.tv
Not my idea, but it could be something similar to:
A specific pokemon (Community Day style in PoGo) that can be found only on that day of the event (On all maps/or in a specific area) and that the chances of Shiny increase by %. Community days start at 11:00 am and end at 5:00 pm. Maybe something similar can be done.

Isguros

Youngster
I liked the setup: T4 to T3 doesn't look like much of an improvement on paper, but Miltank was probably 5x easier to find than usual. And with these rarities, you're able to catch the Pokemon in question and even hunt for one with competitive IVs, unlike with higher tiers where all you can do is hope.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Don't judge a text by its beginning. I was initially not very happy that a pokemon from t4 was chosen. And he became just t3. It wasn't one of the best Pokémon in the game either. But this swarm made a lot of people play.
Swarms were initially a regular thing in PWO, so putting Pokémon that were not accessible was never the plan; Just dropping certain tiers for already available ones. It was also a vote by the players with a choice of 3 Pokémon. I have said all of this before as I believe other players were requesting UC Pokémon in future swarms. The UC swarm Feathers did was solely based on players not having a swarm for a very long time, so we felt it was reasonable.
I'm sorry that in the beginning you were upset, but anyone that has been around for a long time knows how it works and that as it was a weekly thing. Constantly introducing UC's would probably cause more harm than good and possibly cause them to even stop appearing in events. Swarms are just some fun for players, it isn't meant to be anything serious.
I will also add that while Miltank may not have been in high demand, there is only 9 accounts with a Shiny one; All but one I believe to be inactive. That would have been a huge pay out to anyone finding one or just bragging rights.

Last edited:

Boora

Youngster
Swarms were initially a regular thing in PWO, so putting Pokémon that were not accessible was never the plan; Just dropping certain tiers for already available ones. It was also a vote by the players with a choice of 3 Pokémon. I have said all of this before as I believe other players were requesting UC Pokémon in future swarms. The UC swarm Feathers did was solely based on players not having a swarm for a very long time, so we felt it was reasonable.
I'm sorry that in the beginning you were upset, but anyone that has been around for a long time knows how it works and that as it was a weekly thing. Constantly introducing UC's would probably cause more harm than good and possibly cause them to even stop appearing in events. Swarms are just some fun for players, it isn't meant to be anything serious.
I will also add that while Miltank may not have been in high demand, there is only 9 accounts with a Shiny one; All but one I believe to be inactive. That would have been a huge pay out to anyone finding one or just bragging rights.
panpan is smurt smurt.

Just keep in mind folks, Swarms aren't "events", well not fully at least.
If it's going to be a weekly thing, it's reasonable for it not to be too easy.

and be honest with me,
do you want another shellder/cloy/clef/scyther ? doubt it.

The only way i'd find it reasonable to reduce 1.5/2 tiers for a swarm i.e 5>3 3>1 etc.
is if the swarm only lasts hours and not days, but than people would miss out.

so imo, a one tier reduction in addtion to a maybe "hard t1" becoming an easy "t1" is more than fair for a weekend gathering so do speak.

also, desya is desya, and we love desya.