Mewtwo

Trainer5

Youngster
You can't. Mewtwo can only be battled in Cerulean Cave and even then It's an NPC. So you can't catch it.

Klay

Youngster
In general, legendaries can't be caught. If they could, they wouldn't be legendary anymore.

KarashMaster92

Wtf? That doens´t make sense at all! Why we love games like this one? Because we love pokemons right? And what pokemons we would love to get in our collection? Ratatas? Zubats? No, wtf, we want to catch the best pokemons, if there is no possibility to catch our favourite pokemons the game becomes boring in my opinion.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
[Glow=#9932CC]Eventually, it is the goal of PWO to have all Pokémon be obtainable. However, we also believe in upholding the lore of Pokémon; and in keeping the game fair and balanced for all players.

Legendary Pokémon are, as the term suggests, Legends. These are Pokémon that are very rarely sighted, even considered mythical in some cases. For such Pokémon to become commonplace, would be to make a mockery of the very term. Additionally, there is often a very good reason Legendary Pokémon are so rare - many Legendaries are powerful, much more so than typical common Pokémon.

For these reasons and more, it has long been the stated viewpoint of our Staff that Legendary Pokémon will be the LAST to be added to the game. The overall goal is to try to develop a system which permits players to eventually encounter Legendaries and potentially capture them, while retaining their intense rarity and preventing individual players from hoarding them and becoming overpowered. This is a long way away however, and is likely to take a lot of consideration, fine tuning, and feedback from our playerbase.
[/Glow]

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
KarashMaster92 said:
Wtf? That doens´t make sense at all! Why we love games like this one? Because we love pokemons right? And what pokemons we would love to get in our collection? Ratatas? Zubats? No, wtf, we want to catch the best pokemons, if there is no possibility to catch our favourite pokemons the game becomes boring in my opinion.

Thanks for your insightful opinion!  :D Now in more important matters, I just killed a mosquito!  :)

Jinji said:
[Glow=#9932CC]Eventually, it is the goal of PWO to have all Pokémon be obtainable. However, we also believe in upholding the lore of Pokémon; and in keeping the game fair and balanced for all players.

Legendary Pokémon are, as the term suggests, Legends. These are Pokémon that are very rarely sighted, even considered mythical in some cases. For such Pokémon to become commonplace, would be to make a mockery of the very term. Additionally, there is often a very good reason Legendary Pokémon are so rare - many Legendaries are powerful, much more so than typical common Pokémon.

For these reasons and more, it has long been the stated viewpoint of our Staff that Legendary Pokémon will be the LAST to be added to the game. The overall goal is to try to develop a system which permits players to eventually encounter Legendaries and potentially capture them, while retaining their intense rarity and preventing individual players from hoarding them and becoming overpowered. This is a long way away however, and is likely to take a lot of consideration, fine tuning, and feedback from our playerbase.
[/Glow]

Honestly I hope legends are never able to be caught, I think its better for an mmo imo

KarashMaster92

Jinji said:

[/Glow]

I really understand what do you said, and i agree that legendarie pokemons should be very rare, much more stronger than the other pokemons, and very difficult to catch, make sense for me, but i think that would be great if they are catchable for everyone, because, point number one, in the television series they are catchable, point number two, the players love the best pokemons and i guess that you want to make your "customers" happy to keep playing the game, and point number three, there are other games, official games from pokemon, where you can have all the pokemons, like PTCGO.

Jobey said:
KarashMaster92 said:

Thanks for your insightful opinion!  :D  Now in more important matters, I just killed a mosquito!  :)

Jinji said:

[/Glow]

Honestly I hope legends are never able to be caught, I think its better for an mmo imo

And if you think that a pokemon game shouldn´t have the best pokemons available for everyone, you don't like pokemons, and i think that you should go play other games, this one is not for you, for sure, this is my honest opinion.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
KarashMaster92 said:
And if you think that a pokemon game shouldn´t have the best pokemons available for everyone, you don't like pokemons, and i think that you should go play other games, this one is not for you, for sure, this is my honest opinion.

Completely disagree with your opinion, again, this is an MMO if everybody would catch a legendary then that is all players would use, that's boring. Anyway, I've been here for over 2 years, you have been here not even a month and already seem you would be  a toxic player, perhaps this game isnt for you, you wont last long if you have a bad attitude, you will eventually end up banned. Now my advice is play the game (at least beat the gyms first before you claim that the game isnt good) you can battle mewtwo once a week in cerulean cave (level 120 and is actually a fun battle that gives lots of exp if you win) you can also do a quest to battle moltres one time on the top of mt silver. There is also the battle tower that once you get to rank 5+ you will pretty much be battling a teams of level 100 legends on a very regular basis (once rank 9 you will pretty much be battling at least one legend per battle).

Anyway, try to relax and enjoy the game, if you have any questions or need any help we have a good community that would be glad to aid you. Until then, best of luck.

KarashMaster92

Jobey said:
KarashMaster92 said:

Completely disagree with your opinion, again, this is an MMO if everybody would catch a legendary then that is all players would use, that's boring. Anyway, I've been here for over 2 years, you have been here not even a month and already seem you would be  a toxic player, perhaps this game isnt for you, you wont last long if you have a bad attitude, you will eventually end up banned. Now my advice is play the game (at least beat the gyms first before you claim that the game isnt good) you can battle mewtwo once a week in cerulean cave (level 120 and is actually a fun battle that gives lots of exp if you win) you can also do a quest to battle moltres one time on the top of mt silver. There is also the battle tower that once you get to rank 5+ you will pretty much be battling a teams of level 100 legends on a very regular basis (once rank 9 you will pretty much be battling at least one legend per battle).

Anyway, try to relax and enjoy the game, if you have any questions or need any help we have a good community that would be glad to aid you. Until then, best of luck.

Dude, i appreciate your reply, but I'm not toxic, I'm direct, it's different. I already played the game, some years ago, and i'm not telling that the game isn't good, the game is great, i love pokemon games, but i think that it would be much better if anyone could get a legendary pokemon, i´m not telling that it should be an easy task, but if there is some possibility to catch those pokemons the game would become more exciting in my opinion. There are other games like I said, where you can get all the pokemons, I play PTCGO, which is an excellent game, and there are all the pokemons available, and not everyone has the same pokemons, because not everyone likes the same, it's not because it's a legend that people will want to be always using it, for exemple, I just like first generation pokemons, I hate everything else, and I only use pokemons of that generation. In my case, you could give me all the legends of all the other generations, and I would not want them, do you understand? It's not because it's a legend that I want it in my collection, I only intend to collect the first generation of pokemons, for that reason I do not agree with you, I think the scenario would not be like you imagine. And for me, fighting mewtwo, it's cool, but at the same time frustrating because I can not use it on my team

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
KarashMaster92 said:
Dude, i appreciate your reply, but I'm not toxic, I'm direct, it's different. I already played the game, some years ago, and i'm not telling that the game isn't good, the game is great, i love pokemon games, but i think that it would be much better if anyone could get a legendary pokemon, i´m not telling that it should be an easy task, but if there is some possibility to catch those pokemons the game would become more exciting in my opinion. There are other games like I said, where you can get all the pokemons, I play PTCGO, which is an excellent game, and there are all the pokemons available, and not everyone has the same pokemons, because not everyone likes the same, it's not because it's a legend that people will want to be always using it, for exemple, I just like first generation pokemons, I hate everything else, and I only use pokemons of that generation. In my case, you could give me all the legends of all the other generations, and I would not want them, do you understand? It's not because it's a legend that I want it in my collection, I only intend to collect the first generation of pokemons, for that reason I do not agree with you, I think the scenario would not be like you imagine. And for me, fighting mewtwo, it's cool, but at the same time frustrating because I can not use it on my team

The only way I see them making legends work is if they implement tier battles (not sure if you are familiar with pokemon showdown or not but they have a tier battling system) and they should make a tier 6 spawn rate for them and make them wondering spawns so they are as hard to encounter and catch as possible. Ofc they could always do what they did a long time ago and have legends be rewards for official tournaments (example: Mew and MewTwo) that way not everybody has one, but that could lead to much envy with the rest of the base (although I do think it would be fair.) If MewTwo is your favorite pokemon then yeah I could see how this situation is frustrating. I'm fortunate, PWO pretty much has all my favorite pokemon because very few legends are in my favorites. Anyway, best of luck and who knows what the future may hold, I will say though that if you want to use mewtwo you can try to do random battles, yeah technically you wont have him but you can still use him as mewtwo seems to be common on RB teams. :)

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Stop advertising wth is wrong with u someone close this silly thread please

Klay

Youngster
Midou, PTGCO is the online pokémon TGC game of Nintendo. There's no issue talking about official games.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Midou said:
Stop advertising wth is wrong with u someone close this silly thread please

He's talking about Pokemon Trading Card Game Online noob LOL :p

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
even so if he still prefer that game ther's no need to keep saying that pwo is bad u know u are free to leave
cherio.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Nobody should feel like they have to leave the game because they make their opinion known and stand by it. On the contrary, we encourage everyone to have their say- this is why we created the Suggestion forum and another place for suggestions on the Playerdex. We can't follow up on every opinion we get of course but we do read them all and take them all equally seriously.

No matter how unpopular an opinion is with some other people we welcome them all- as long as the debate is kept civil.

KarashMaster92

Klay said:
Midou, PTGCO is the online pokémon TGC game of Nintendo. There's no issue talking about official games.

That's not for nintendo dude, it's for pc and android.

KarashMaster92

Midou said:
even so if he still prefer that game ther's no need to keep saying that pwo is bad u know u are free to leave
cherio.

Man i never said the game  isn't good, wtf? Read again please, not to make the mistake of saying ****. And yes i prefer other games of pokemon, what's the problem with that? The game I was talking about has a lot more people playing, can you explain why? I can, one of the reasons is that in PTCGO you can have ALL the pokemons, without limitations, but there are other things of course. And what is your problem with my opinion? Am i not free to do it? Of course i am, so if you wanted to get into the [font=arial, sans-serif]discussion[/font], you should said something clever instead of saying ****, because at least, and unlike you, I'm trying to help improve the game, may not everyone agree, but I think it made the game much better.

KarashMaster92

Even Pokemon Go has the legendarie pokemons. I played this game years ago, and i came back here with the hope of already find the legendaries. The game is very good, I'm just sorry that it's limited and does not have all the pokemon available.

Klay

Youngster
KarashMaster92 said:
Klay said:

It's developped by Nintendo actually (in case you didn't know)

KarashMaster92

Klay said:
KarashMaster92 said:
Klay said:

It's developped by Nintendo actually (in case you didn't know)

My english is not the best dude, I thought you were saying it was for the nintendo platform, not produced by nintendo, my mistake.

But do you agree with me? The official games of pokemon, give to fans the possibility to catch all pokemons, the same opportunity for all players, not just for some players, and a game made for the fans doen't. The games I am talking about do not put the legendary pokemons much stronger than the others, they are strong but not too much, this way the balance of the game is maintained, in this way only the players who like these pokemons will use them in the their teams, because they are not much stronger than the others. I think that this would be no problem, and everyone would continue to enjoy the game in the same way, I hope that the people in charge of the game hear me, I think it would be great to have my favorite Pokémons.