Membership to be added to Voucher Store

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
1 Voucher gets you a 1 Month Membership.

Now that is something I'd be interested in, and would actually encourage me to use a voucher.

I have less than ZERO interest in getting crappy IV pokemon by using a Voucher, or SEVERAL Vouchers, and if possible I intend to never get another Voucher Store Pokemon. At least not with my own Vouchers.

Staff had said they'd like to reach a point where 12 vouchers per year would be handed out, so this adds up nicely.

As things are right now, I can't sell my vouchers to make money because everyone else is in the same position, they don't want crappy IV pokemon by spending 1M per voucher either. So, I have to save up all of my money to buy a MS, and then ALL of my money is spent towards getting MS over and over, and I just accrue Vouchers with nothing to use them on.

By adding a 1 Month MS to the Voucher Store for 1 Voucher, I can spend these useless/ worthless Vouchers to get the MS, and SAVE my PDs for buying Pokemon.

I'd say this is a worthwhile suggestion, and I am sure there are plenty of others here who would agree.

thunderclap

Youngster
I agree with this suggestion wholeheartedly. Not sure if 1 voucher for 1 month is necessarily perfect, but I'm all for reducing the extent to which PWO can be considered Pay 2 Win. The occasional 1-day MS giveaways aren't frequent or substantial enough.

Question: Should the voucher(s) buy you a Membership Gift Card, which can be traded? Or just apply it directly to your account?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
That's an excellent question. Worth having a nice long debate about.

If we could buy Memberships that we can trade to others, we could sell those to make more money instead of using the MS on ourselves if we'd rather. This has some benefits for those who already have Membership on a regular basis, as well as those who don't.

Either way is ultimately fine with me, but trade-able gift cards would be more appealing.

It is even possible to have 1 Month MS for yourself that is immediately applied to your account be 1 voucher, and a 1 Month Gift Card version be 2 Vouchers, though I find this distasteful.

Boora

Youngster
MMM, how about this,
During events we're golden, everyone logs, brings thier friends etc and the game is active, but after it ends, it all goes poof.
what if 3 vouchers, (iirc this is the amount recieved per big event) were to give an option for 1 month ms,
it'll make it so people stick around for at least a month after a big event ends.

just my 2cents.

shodan21

Youngster
MMM, how about this,
During events we're golden, everyone logs, brings thier friends etc and the game is active, but after it ends, it all goes poof.
what if 3 vouchers, (iirc this is the amount recieved per big event) were to give an option for 1 month ms,
it'll make it so people stick around for at least a month after a big event ends.

just my 2cents.
price-wise, thats a decent idea; 30d ms runs about 3m or so, vouchers run around 1m, so 3 vouchers for a month of ms seems legit. that said... i dont think anyone would actually spend 3 vouchers on a month of ms, simply because a) vouchers are way too rare to sustain that (rygar's note about a target of 12 vouchers per year would only translate to 4 months of ms per year - and i dont think we've hit that target once in the past five years) and b) the potential value of vouchers is far higher than 1m each if you manage to get a poke with great IVs, like the 20+ togepi cre3dius got recently. so... dont know how great this suggestion actually is overall.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
i dont think anyone would actually spend 3 vouchers on a month of ms, simply because a) vouchers are way too rare to sustain that (rygar's note about a target of 12 vouchers per year would only translate to 4 months of ms per year - and i dont think we've hit that target once in the past five years) and b) the potential value of vouchers is far higher than 1m
That and using tokens is already an easier more simple option, though I feel there is no reason to not have it as a voucher option, I do agree that most likely will not use their vouchers for such a thing (except maybe players that do not have paypal or PD funds to purchase memberships).

Boora

Youngster
price-wise, thats a decent idea; 30d ms runs about 3m or so, vouchers run around 1m, so 3 vouchers for a month of ms seems legit. that said... i dont think anyone would actually spend 3 vouchers on a month of ms, simply because a) vouchers are way too rare to sustain that (rygar's note about a target of 12 vouchers per year would only translate to 4 months of ms per year - and i dont think we've hit that target once in the past five years) and b) the potential value of vouchers is far higher than 1m each if you manage to get a poke with great IVs, like the 20+ togepi cre3dius got recently. so... dont know how great this suggestion actually is overall.

Well yes and no,
on one hand, vouchers are rare, but so does two yolks in one egg, it doesn't mean it's useful,
i'l refer to your own point, the things you can get from vouchers atm aren't that valuable, so adding ms for 3 should be fine,
if in the future vouchers will be used for dope and expensive/rare things, price can always be adjusted,

another note, 4/12 for free, is 33% roughtly, i think it's more than fair for f2p.
if we'll get it to 12/12 people will simply wont donate, which would be kind of sad since (apart from the occasional crazy person that spams for a shiny )
and server keep up is a thing, especially during times of inactivite,

guess this would make it my 4th cent :)

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
what if 3 vouchers were to give an option for 1 month ms

That's pretty expensive imo.

if we'll get it to 12/12 people will simply wont donate

Since this is all theory, it has yet to be seen. But, if there is merit to this, I can agree to maybe at most 2 vouchers. I'd actually like to save vouchers in case something useful gets put into the store, so 1 voucher = 1 Month MS, I could get 2 or 3 vouchers in an event, and use 1 for the MS, and save the other 2 hoping something good gets put into the shop.

Besides that, players that do have the ability to donate most likely still will, just because people be like that.

^Is part of my plan.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
To tell the truth, while I'm not against this proposal per se, it is something that would need to be carefully balanced. Ideally, the cost/value for Token Memberships should be such that exchanging Tokens for membership is an attractive proposal, but other rewards at a similar price point would also be equally attractive. We'd also need to be confident that offering membership effectively "for free" in this way doesn't negatively impact on donated funds to a significant extent.

Isguros

Youngster
How about some sort of pseudo-membership, much like the Map Boosts for the guilds, you know: having some of the benefits of a membership, though not as beneficial as an actual membership. THat might please the pay2win sceptics, and might help out with the stockpiling of vouchers(/Battle Points).

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
How about some sort of pseudo-membership, much like the Map Boosts for the guilds, you know: having some of the benefits of a membership, though not as beneficial as an actual membership. THat might please the pay2win sceptics, and might help out with the stockpiling of vouchers(/Battle Points).
I like this idea. Most Events give at least one free or easy-to-obtain voucher; and one idea that Krysi and I both had was to have a system whereby a single Voucher could be used for a small boost, but nothing like the full 30-day Membership you get from Tokens. I was personally considering something like a 5-day full Membership for each voucher, but actually I think your idea could be more appealing - let people have a boost, for a similar length, but at a far lower rate than you'd get with Tokens. Then newer players and those unable to donate still have a viable method to give themselves a small advantage, but Tokens still remain the value proposition.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
We'd also need to be confident that offering membership effectively "for free" in this way doesn't negatively impact on donated funds to a significant extent.

Easy way to find out, implement the system and test it. If donations are significantly effected then you can remove them from the Vouchers.

having some of the benefits of a membership, though not as beneficial

Like a 50% boost of full MS? Definitely an idea worth talking about. I wouldn't feel as screwed as I do now.

5-day full Membership for each voucher

6 vouchers a month is a huge ask and not worth it. Would need at least a 10 day (which already exists), or a 14 day to make it appealing, or I am just going to ignore it and keep my vouchers.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I can't really say for sure if it's feasible (that's really a question for @Bluerise), but it does seem the idea of redeeming some quantity of Tokens for a smaller in-game boost that is significant, but below the ratio of full membership, is one that is favoured by all of us in this thread - even if that is admittedly a very small sample of the PWO population.

thunderclap

Youngster
I can't really say for sure if it's feasible (that's really a question for @Bluerise), but it does seem the idea of redeeming some quantity of Tokens for a smaller in-game boost that is significant, but below the ratio of full membership, is one that is favoured by all of us in this thread - even if that is admittedly a very small sample of the PWO population.
Event Vouchers, you mean, not tokens. The whole point of this suggestion is to create more ways of getting MS without spending money/tokens.

shodan21

Youngster
Event Vouchers, you mean, not tokens. The whole point of this suggestion is to create more ways of getting MS without spending money/tokens.
plus there's the cheaper 10-day option for ms with tokens anyway :p

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
plus there's the cheaper 10-day option for ms with tokens anyway :p
The good ole 10 day ms option, my ms of choice! :D (plus the free pokeballs and potions are always a nice touch)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The good ole 10 day ms option, my ms of choice! :D (plus the free pokeballs and potions are always a nice touch)
Oh, you guys are talking about the Starter Bundle Plus. Heh, I forgot about that ^^

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Oh, you guys are talking about the Starter Bundle Plus. Heh, I forgot about that ^^
Yeah, it's really quite the handy way to get an ms if your availability to play is scarce. :D (Especially useful for events)