Mass-Search Open Playerdex Profiles, using Search Filters

thunderclap

Youngster
Currently there's no easy way to even find open Playerdex profiles, let alone search them. To find an open profile you basically have to check everyone's profile, or rely on forum threads/word of mouth. Then you have to look at each of their pages one by one. Very inefficient and ineffective.

Would be great if you could run a search, for example, to find all 31 speed Salamences that exist (among open profiles), all shiny Vulpixes with 28+ IVs, or all shiny Phanpy.

Would make it much easier to gauge a Pokemon's rarity and value, and much easier to find people who have things you want, in order to contact them to make an offer. Would help PWO harness its greatest strength, which is Playerdex, to be even better.

Currently if sellers advertise a Pokemon for sale, they are putting themselves at a disadvantage in negotiations, because it implies they want or need to sell the Pokemon. Consequently hardly anyone ever advertises anything good for sale. There's also a certain stigma or taboo about showing off amazing stuff in chat, but it'd be more acceptable to just passively allow others to find it. More offers/exposure would lead to higher prices, and less effort for everyone.

I think we'd see more communication and trading activity, and more open profiles, if this feature existed.

Possible downsides? People can restrict or set their profiles to private if they don't want to be harassed with unsolicited offers. We also have /pmoff, /ignore, and /ano. Server load should be no problem on our $330 server with 15 players. Anything else?

Vote here: https://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.com/suggestions.php?Rep=1416
If you downvote please state a reason..

Edit: TL;DR / refinements based on discussion below:
Allow players to mass-search open Playerdex profiles that they can already view.
2. Enhance box control: Allow players to make specific boxes visible or invisible to others. (Ramensnoodle)

Other possible enhancements / stretch goals (Unnecessary "nice-to-haves"):
3. More box control: Allow players to mark specific boxes as "not for sale" or "want to sell". "Not for sale" boxes will be invisible by default unless specified.
4. Whitelist/blacklist to allow/deny specific players to view your profile. New view permission type in profile settings "Whitelist Only".
5. Add "Make Offer" button to each Pokemon page, if the owner allows. The owner can decide which specific boxes have the button. (Guii)
6. Add PM function directly into Playerdex so we don't have to use external chat like Forums / Discord / Game. (Guii)
7. Add Notification settings to allow players to ignore notifications for offers made with Make Offer, and PM notifications.
8. When viewing list of boxes on Playerdex, grey out empty boxes, and make red any boxes you don't have permission to view. (Klay)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

GuiiHenrique

I find this at least strange... Sometimes people leave their profile open just so that others can see their collection and not because they want to sell something. The suggestion to play with /pmoff (???) Limiting the mechanics to a player who is not looking for profit but just playing... is confusing to say the least.

Also remember that all new accounts have the profile open by default, this would be a gold mine for old players who would buy good starters for a low price.

It would be much simpler to create something similar to what was found on the forum in the past. Any player would create their own mart, in their mold and with their own prices and maybe even with a way of contacting by own playerdex.

Here everything is strange. In my opinion, the only way to increase PWO trades would be to increase poke turnover. It's November and in this whole period we only had 3 new pokes (2 of them are evolutions and one of them doesn't even work). Remembering that the Tiers on PWO are ridiculous... (I've never seen a Magnezone that I liked). Therefore, there is no way for you to price something that a person conquered after spending a good part of their time to get.

In summary: The market at PWO is weak because we have few options of Pokes, and not because of the lack of ways to advertise our interests.

this is my opinion... and I didn't vote...​

Isguros

Youngster
Let me start by stating that I don't think people should be forced to use means like /ano to deal with the drawbacks of whatever new feature is suggested/implemented.

With that out of the way, let's get to the meat of this thread:
It's always a journey to find out what exactly it is someone is suggesting, and the more complex the idea, the longer it takes. This one wasn't an exception.
After reading the first couple of sentences I envisioned it being similar to the staff-only command that will tell you how many of a certain Pokemon have been caught, but with a couple more variables. You can get some interesting titbits out of that, but (to me) it wouldn't add much value.
However, when you made it clear that this is meant as an easy way for (potential) buyers to scour all available accounts for the Pokemon they're looking for, it surprised me, mostly because you were trying to sell it as a way to even the playing field in the seller's favour; but having all available alternatives at the ready with just a couple of clicks might have the opposite effect.

Personally, I'm not really as excited about an increase of trade inquirees for Pokemon I haven't put on the market, and may not be willing to sell. This is neither here nor there, since I haven't made my Pokemon visable for players that aren't on my friends list.

If this is truly about bridging the (apparently significant) gap caused by one-sided trade interest visablility, why not just have a 'wanted ads' section on the PlayerMart?

thunderclap

Youngster
not because of the lack of ways to advertise our interests
Strongly disagree. The Mart is a poweful tool, yes, one of PWOs strongest things. BUT listings expire after 7 days and it's annoying to retrieve unsold things from Global Link. The Renew feature is nice but Mart Logs are cumbersome and it only renews things for 3 days. Adverts don't close the deal, and are riddled by troll offers. The bidding system is still unusable (bid increments too small). All those methods require tons of active effort on the part of the seller, especially if selling things in bulk. This suggestion will not require any effort by would-be sellers, except maybe some unwanted interactions which they have several ways to deal with. It will encourage activity.

The suggestion to play with /pmoff (???)
/Pmoff is just one possible tool among several. There can always be additional profile access filters added. For example people could restrict profile access to people on their ignore list. There could also be a "profile access whitelist" you can allow specific players profile access, if you don't want it visible to all friends.

all new accounts have the profile open by default, this would be a gold mine for old players who would buy good starters for a low price.
New players are already a goldmine for cheap good starters. I'm sure some people do actively browse new accounts for this reason. The mass search could always be nerfed to exclude brand new accounts. It's an easy problem to solve. New players have to get 5 badges before they can actually trade for exactly this reason.

The market at PWO is weak because we have few options of Pokes, and not because of the lack of ways to advertise our interests.
I think the market is also weak because we have no way of finding what we want. What if you need a specific egg-tutor, or rare pokemon for dex data like Wurmple? Or a low level parasect for IV hunting?

As a seller there's also no way to know the specific things others are looking for. I've found that the only reliable way to sell anything on the mart is to create bulk listings, and to underprice everything. Selling anything on the mart takes a huge amount of effort, and that effort only stays effective for a week.

Even if people don't buy things on the mart, the asking prices create a "new norm". Now that Master Balls have been listed for 1m, many people will never pay that much again. By moving sales inquiries to the private realm of DMs, people don't need to worry about devaluing their pokemon just by advertising them.

That leaves the forums. Very few people use the forums, either to read or to post. It takes active effort.

Many people only bother trying to trade during events, when more people are online, when their active effort is more likely to yield results. We need more activity outside of events, and this suggestion adds an easy passive way of increasing economic activity outside of events.

Isguros said:
Personally, I'm not really as excited about an increase of trade inquirees for Pokemon I haven't put on the market, and may not be willing to sell.
This wouldn't affect you because your Profile is hidden.

Isguros said:
similar to the staff-only command that will tell you how many of a certain Pokemon have been caught
It would be similar to that, except way less powerful; only profiles that players want visible will be visible, same as it is now. It's a change of convenience / accessibility only.

Isguros said:
you were trying to sell it as a way to even the playing field in the seller's favour; but having all available alternatives at the ready with just a couple of clicks might have the opposite effect.
Let me know if this post hasn't clarified how it benefits sellers. Selling takes intense active effort. This suggestion will greatly decrease the active effort and time commitment needed for both buyers and sellers.

Isguros said:
why not just have a 'wanted ads' section on the PlayerMart?
Wanted ads don't work well because the price of a pokemon always depends on its IVs. I'm willing to pay top dollar only for the exact pokemon and exact IVs that I want. If someone responds to my wanted ad with something less than I want, I'd only buy it at below market value so I can flip it, or more likely not at all. That discourages people from using the system. Not to mention all the active wasted effort by both parties. Far better to approach the potential seller with a firm offer right from the get-go.

Wanted ads as a new feature would be difficult to design and implement well. How would buyers succintly emphasize exactly what attributes they are looking for, without requiring potential sellers to click your ad and read it? We'd be flooded with multiple wanted ads for the same pokemon. It would just create a whole new unsearchable and unfilterable mess requiring active effort and little added convenience. Why design a whole new section for far less convenience when we can easily leverage an existing function? Wanted ads are really better tailored to the forums, which almost nobody uses..

___

The search filters are a great strength of Playerdex that should be used in as many ways as possible. Filtered searching would ideally also be applied to the Global Link and Release box pokemon, as well as Mart Logs.

This suggestion shouldn't require much effort or coding to implement. It should be pretty uncontroversial since players can easily hide their profiles, turn off PMs or ignore certain players.

Last edited:

GuiiHenrique

Strongly disagree. The Mart is a poweful tool, yes, one of PWOs strongest things. BUT listings expire after 7 days and it's annoying to retrieve unsold things from Global Link. The Renew feature is nice but Mart Logs are cumbersome and it only renews things for 3 days. Adverts don't close the deal, and are riddled by troll offers. The bidding system is still crap (bid increments too small). All those methods require tons of active effort on the part of the seller, especially if selling things in bulk. This suggestion will not require any effort by would-be sellers, except maybe some unwanted interactions which they have several ways to deal with. It will encourage activity.
Mart with a fixed value, adverts, creation of a mart through the forum and ad of sale through discord. So we do have some options of sale. Maybe the Poke not leaves the mart after 7 days because other players disagree with the value or simply because it doesn't please the LOW base of active players in the game.​

/Pmoff is just one possible tool among several. There can always be additional profile access filters added. For example people could restrict profile access to people on their ignore list. There could also be a "profile access whitelist" you can allow specific players profile access, if you don't want it visible to all friends.
The option to make your items, Pokes and other things visible on playerdex has been there for a long time. You making players have to use commands like /pmoff /ano /ignore because of a new role, in my understanding, is a way of wanting to dictate the way each player has to play.​

I think the market is also weak because we have no way of finding what we want. What if you need a specific egg-tutor, or rare pokemon for dex data like Wurmple? Or a low level parasect for IV hunting?
That's exactly what I'm saying. The problem is not the ways we have to advertise what to sell, the problem is not finding what we want. But we also have to consider that maybe we're not finding them simply because they don't exist (I used Magnezone as an example). The low base of players plus the rarity rates used in PWO results in a low number of decent Pokes found. The current PWO situation is the sum of all these facts with the low turnover rate of the available Pokes (it's November and we've had only 3 news – I think).​

This wouldn't affect you because your Profile is hidden.
Affects yes. As he said, his profile is only visible to friends. If he doesn't want to sell his Pokes he would have to ignore his own friends. It is contradictory to say the least.​

In my opinion Playerdex is excellent. I would just like to see a filter on the release and a chat for private conversations.

The problem of buying and selling Pokes exists because the base of active players is EXTREMELY LOW and the turnover of Pokes is also low. In short, old players already have almost everything (not to say they have everything), while new players need to be content with the lack of something new and spend a good part of their time looking for something good to then try to sell and make some profit (the question is, sell to whom?).​

thunderclap

Youngster
Thank you for your engagement with this suggestion, Guiihenrique.
The problem is not the ways we have to advertise what to sell, the problem is not finding what we want.
The two things are really the same. You don't find what you want because someone else isn't advertising it. You name it, someone probably has it. Someone even found a shiny magnezone.

You making players have to use commands like /pmoff /ano /ignore because of a new role, in my understanding, is a way of wanting to dictate the way each player has to play.
You said yourself, we have a low playerbase. I'm not really expecting unwanted offers to be that big of a problem. I was just trying to head off a potential objection.

Every suggestion is just a starting point for discussion. I'm not trying to dictate how people play, rather just listing current methods to negate any downsides. Additional profile filters and whitelists should be easy to add, and would further negate any other downsides.

Maybe every page should have a "Make Offer" button, with a corresponding new option to show/ignore offer notifications. That addition would need more thought and a way to discourage trolls/abuse, to limit spam. Just saying there are ways to make this work, and some ways (like /pmoff) that already would help. Most of my sales the last few months have come passively from people browsing my profile and making offers. Eventually the bidding / adverts sections could potentially be replaced entirely.

One great suggestion by Ramensnoodle: allowing players to make just specific boxes of their profile visible/invisible. People could put their off-limits pokemon in invisible boxes. Currently many players choose to hide their profiles, but I think many people would be willing to show at least some of their pokemon, if greater control over profiles and boxes existed.

the turnover of Pokes is also low
The turnover of pokes is low because nobody can be bothered to buy and sell. This suggestion would help make it easy for everyone.

we also have to consider that maybe we're not finding them simply because they don't exist (I used Magnezone as an example)
I've seen some nice Magnezones. I think if you searched just among the open profiles you might find some to your liking. That's a lot of work though. PWO has existed for a LONG time, so most things someone might want (other than maybe new content) does exist. There are many shiny Phanpy and Donphan in various accounts, but when did you last see one for sale? The rates are low, but over time, almost everything has been found by somebody.

simply because it doesn't please the LOW base of active players in the game.
There's a low base of active players, but a huge base of inactive players. Tons of desirable pokemon exist on those accounts that are rarely seen. Some of those players do lurk around Discord or would get email notifications if you PM them on forums though. Maybe some fresh trades would bring their interest back.

his profile is only visible to friends. If he doesn't want to sell his Pokes he would have to ignore his own friends.
Isguros' friend list is empty, because (as I understand it) he doesn't like getting notifications and feeling obliged to greet/respond to greetings when people log in and out.

Last edited:

GuiiHenrique

Edit: I use automatic translator in my browser and for some reason it translated to another language everything I said before sending...¬¬

Last edited:

GuiiHenrique

The two things are really the same. You don't find what you want because someone else isn't advertising it. You name it, someone probably has it. Someone even found a shiny magnezone.
Yes and no. If you can't find a Pokemon for sale, it could be because whoever has it doesn't want to sell.
As an example I'll use the Wurmple you mentioned: A Guild member I'm part of has one, and his profile is totally open (I won't quote the nickname because I don't know if he agrees, but it's in box 9... xD) . Maybe that's the only Wurmple in the game and he just wants to make it visible because he likes to show off his achievements or his progress (since he's a collector). But would he want a Poke of his to show up on a buy and sell search engine without his authorization? Well, I'm pretty sure he knows how to advertise some Poke in the mart...​

Maybe every page should have a "Make Offer" button, with a corresponding new option to show/ignore offer notifications.
With that I agree (and I think it's cool). But it didn't appear in the initial idea. The “make an offer” button in the box determined by the owner is cool and gives full control to the player.

The turnover of pokes is low because nobody can be bothered to buy and sell. This suggestion would help make it easy for everyone.
When I talk about Poke rotation I mean about Pokes available for capture. Using Magnezone as an example: A Magnezone to be decent needs to be max spd and have hp and spatk 25+ with hidden power fire or ice. How many of these are there on PWO? And how much would it cost me? Does it pay to buy it knowing that Magneton might one day evolve? Well, it was only available for a short time as Tier 5 (PWO's rarity rates are ridiculous).​

There's a low base of active players, but a huge base of inactive players. Tons of desirable pokemon exist on those accounts that are rarely seen. Some of those players do lurk around Discord or would get email notifications if you PM them on forums though. Maybe some fresh trades would bring their interest back.
This I find difficult for the simple fact of being away from the game. If a person has been away from the game for a while, he certainly doesn't know what the market is like today. Why would she sell a Poke with the doubt that it was selling for a value far below what it is worth?​

Isguros' friend list is empty, because (as I understand it) he doesn't like getting notifications and feeling obliged to greet/respond to greetings when people log in and out.
I used he as an example, but it can happen to anyone else. I, for example, recently got an offer on one of my Scizors from a person on my friends list. In that case then I would have to ignore this friend to not receive offers?​

There really is a lot of stuff captured in PWO.. However, it is a fact that not everyone wants to sell what they have. My profile is completely open and I definitely don't sell anything from my collection. It is also a fact that I would not want any of my Pokes to appear on a buy and sell mechanism without my permission. After all it is MY Pokémon and I do with it what I want.

The initial idea suggests, in my understanding, that if I want to keep my profile open without having the risk of getting pms with offers and things like that, I would have to isolate myself from the whole community. This completely takes away the motivation of those who play just to collect and want to show their progression. Also remembering that this completely eliminates the need for the mart (since the fee it charges for posting pokes will make it less attractive).

Anyway, with the idea that came up after adding a “Make Offer” button that will only be available if the profile owner authorizes it, I agree (and I think it's cool – I would even vote positive on playerdex). But the initial idea of making Poke visible on a search engine just because the profile is visible, in my understanding, is totally invasive and takes away the owner's control over their own Pokémon.​

thunderclap

Youngster
Thanks for your thoughts. It sounds like giving people more control over which boxes were visible, and to who, would solve most of your objections. I fully agree, that would be a great addition to this suggestion. Even further, marking boxes as "not for sale" or "want to sell" might be good.

Yes and no. If you can't find a Pokemon for sale, it could be because whoever has it doesn't want to sell.
As an example I'll use the Wurmple you mentioned: A Guild member I'm part of has one, and his profile is totally open (I won't quote the nickname because I don't know if he agrees, but it's in box 9... xD) . Maybe that's the only Wurmple in the game
Maybe your guildmate doesn't realize he even has something special that someone wants. Klay searched for months just to find someone who has a Wurmple - not to buy, just to borrow and trade back for dex data. I'm not sure if he even succeeded yet. Point is, with this searching function, that months-long search would have been a few seconds.

BTW I had found that person's Wurmple too, just by browsing everyone's open boxes that I could find (took a while!), but I really don't think sticking it in random box 9 counts as making it visible / showcasing a collection piece.

it could be because whoever has it doesn't want to sell.
It usually depends. I tell most players I don't want to sell most of my pokemon. However that's usually because the "market rate" of that pokemon is way lower than I think it's worth, either because I paid more and the value dropped, or that pokemon is especially rare, or has some sentimental value. Most of the time I want to avoid negotiating for something and wasting my time, especially if I think they are just trying to get it for cheap. However, most things aren't truly untouchable: there's usually some other pokemon that I want even more, or someone could decide to hugely overpay such that I couldn't say no. For the right pokemon with the exact IVs I want, I am always willing to overpay. Listing any of those pokemon on the mart would signal to people that I "want to sell" them and invite them to try to negotiate.

Using Magnezone as an example: A Magnezone to be decent needs to be max spd and have hp and spatk 25+ with hidden power fire or ice. How many of these are there on PWO? And how much would it cost me? Does it pay to buy it knowing that Magneton might one day evolve
Not sure about the hidden powers. There's definitely some with 31 speed and pretty solid other IVs. It was really more like a Tier 4, but yes, very difficult and expensive for something that might evolve in the future.

This I find difficult for the simple fact of being away from the game. If a person has been away from the game for a while, he certainly doesn't know what the market is like today. Why would she sell a Poke with the doubt that it was selling for a value far below what it is worth?
It just depends on the offer. Maybe they stopped playing right after the Wurmple event or don't see it as valuable. Sometimes old players return and literally give away all of their pokemon, because they don't care anymore. They can also ask for trade advice if any of their friends / guildmates are still playing. Or search among open profiles to see how rare their pokemon is.

I used he as an example, but it can happen to anyone else. I, for example, recently got an offer on one of my Scizors from a person on my friends list. In that case then I would have to ignore this friend to not receive offers?​
The thing is, nothing would be that different. You got the offer because your profile was open. You might still get spammed with offers from people on your friends list, even without this suggestion.

However, I'm hoping we will have more tools to control which specific boxes are visible, and to whom. Maybe even further, allow us to mark certain boxes as "not for sale" or "want to sell". I like your idea of allowing the player to choose whether a "Make Offer" button existed or not.

if I want to keep my profile open without having the risk of getting pms with offers and things like that, I would have to isolate myself from the whole community.
You are already risking getting PMs with offers just by having your profile open.

I would not want any of my Pokes to appear on a buy and sell mechanism without my permission. After all it is MY Pokémon and I do with it what I want.
It would not really be a buy and sell mechanism.. this would just be a separate search of open profiles. It wouldn't mix in pokemon from the Mart. It would be separate. I guess having a "Make Offer" button would blur that line, but it could be hidden. I'd like players to have as much control as possible.

Your profile is already visible on Playerdex, so by your thinking does it already appear on a buy and sell mechanism?

this completely eliminates the need for the mart (since the fee it charges for posting pokes will make it less attractive).
Not true - the Mart is for instant sales. Searching open profiles just helps you locate a pokemon that you want. It will also help gauge rarity/availability and compare IVs, which will be highly useful for returning players who haven't been following prices/events/rarities and stuff. But there would be no prices attached and no "buy it now" button.

Does anyone care about the 25pd listing fees?

Anyway, with the idea that came up after adding a “Make Offer” button that will only be available if the profile owner authorizes it, I agree (and I think it's cool – I would even vote positive on playerdex).
Glad you like this. I'm all for allowing players to decide. I'd prefer to make it "opt-out" though to start, just so we have something to search. Any old player with an open profile has already decided to make their profiles visible, after all. They were only made open by default recently.

GuiiHenrique said:
I would just like to see a filter on the release and a chat for private conversation
Great idea, added it to the list.

Notification settings could let players decide if they want to be alerted by messages or 'Make Offer' offers.

Klay said:
if we can keep our profiles open and our collection closed, i'm fine with it
Klay said:
i see how it could benefit for sellers and buyers, but with the "selected boxes" option
Klay said:
but then, that'd be cool to also have a way to see which boxes are public ingame
Ingame might be difficult. I could maybe see them adding a text command such as "/isvis". On Playerdex I already suggested greying out people's empty boxes on the list of boxes. A different color could always be used to denote viewable/unviewable boxes. I think it's a good idea, as an aspirational stretch goal.

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
Edit: TL;DR / refinements based on discussion below:
Allow players to mass-search open Playerdex profiles that they can already view.
2. Enhance box control: Allow players to make specific boxes visible or invisible to others. (Ramensnoodle)

Other possible enhancements / stretch goals:
3. More box control: Allow players to mark specific boxes as "not for sale" or "want to sell".
4. Whitelist/blacklist to allow/deny specific players to view your profile.
5. Add "Make Offer" button to each Pokemon page, if the owner allows. The owner can decide which specific boxes have the button, if any. (Guii)
6. Add PM function directly into Playerdex so we don't have to use external chat like Forums / Discord / Game.
7. Add Notification settings to allow players to ignore notifications for offers made with Make Offer, and PM notifications.
8. When viewing list of boxes on Playerdex, grey out empty boxes, and make red any boxes you don't have permission to view. (Klay)

Thanks for reading.

TL;DR: Trade boxes.

thunderclap

Youngster
TL;DR: Trade boxes.
That's not a terrible summary to be honest. For this suggestion to be good, though, it needs to show all boxes not explicitly marked as invisible. Not just the "trade boxes" marked as "want to sell". Opt-out rather than opt-in, for people with open profiles, in other words.

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
For this suggestion to be good, though, it needs to show all pokemon not explicitly marked as invisible. Not just the "trade boxes" marked as "want to sell".
And just when I thought you were on to something... :rolleyes:

thunderclap

Youngster
And just when I thought you were on to something... :rolleyes:
To clarify, I mean the search should show all boxes in open profiles not specifically marked as Not for Sale or Invisible. Anything visible will also be searchable.

In other words, all the normal boxes that people don't bother to classify should all show up in the search. If the search only searches "Want To Sell" boxes then it won't be very useful.

But this makes me realize there's been some vagueness regarding box types. As currently proposed, there will be three types: "Normal", "Want to Sell" (WTS) and "Not For Sale" (NFS).

By default "Not for Sale" boxes will be invisible (therefore unsearchable), and have no "Make Offer" button.

The owner can choose to make "Not for Sale" boxes visible (and therefore searchable) if they want. The "Make Offer" button will be disabled for these boxes by default unless the owner chooses to enable it, in which case the "NFS" classification really means "don't ask for a price check, your only chance is if you severely overpay".

Normal boxes and WTS boxes will be visible and have Make Offer (edit) disabled by default. (Isguros)

Since things are already a bit complicated, I made a little chart:

1636396332411.png

Basically I don't want there to be a distinction between "visible to browse" and "visible to search", since that would be overly complicated. With the configurable Make Offer button, that distinction shouldn't be needed.

thunderclap said:
For this suggestion to be good, though, it needs to show all pokemon...
Sorry, I meant to say boxes. All privacy controls as proposed will just apply to boxes, not individual pokemon.

Hope that clears up any confusion. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
Perhaps it's just my reimagining of your ideas, but I digg the Trading Block part (in my head it sounds like an objectively way better system than what we have with Adverts): Just a box/list where you can link whatever Pokemon you wouldn't mind parting ways with. Even if it were just visable through one's player profile, but of course; I guess it's more convenient if all of them are linked on the Mart as well.

As for being able to search the entirety of Pokemon... I think there's too many ifs and buts about it. I know everything has a rather complicated explanation and reasoning, or an extremely complex way to fit these thing into one single package, but those will not convince me to partner up with you on this idea.

thunderclap

Youngster
Perhaps it's just my reimagining of your ideas, but I digg the Trading Block part (in my head it sounds like an objectively way better system than what we have with Adverts): Just a box/list where you can link whatever Pokemon you wouldn't mind parting ways with. Even if it were just visable through one's player profile, but of course; I guess it's more convenient if all of them are linked on the Mart as well.

As for being able to search the entirety of Pokemon... I think there's too many ifs and buts about it. I know everything has a rather complicated explanation and reasoning, or an extremely complex way to fit these thing into one single package, but those will not convince me to partner up with you on this idea.
Having the Normal type boxes being mass-searchable is a pretty important part of this suggestion. What if the Make Offer button is only shown by default for Want To Sell boxes? That makes receiving offers opt-in, without sacrificing search results. (Edit: edited chart .. no normal offers).

I think we're getting bogged down in details unnecessarily. The suggestion would still be workable and worthwhile if stripped down to just points 1 and 2 from the OP. The extra complexity comes from trying to make everyone 100% happy.

Edit:
1636416921178.png

Last edited: