Map Loading Issues. (black screen)

riri

Sorry to annoy you, But, My network is disconnected and I am using another network. ( Cousin, etc.)
And I am scared that If I did something, It may do a bug to the internet or something..
What should I do? I think it's better to talk with a staff member to explain everything and see what I could do.. 
Thanks! Hope you will tell me what to do as quick as possible!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
riri said:
Sorry to annoy you, But, My network is disconnected and I am using another network. ( Cousin, etc.)
And I am scared that If I did something, It may do a bug to the internet or something..
What should I do? I think it's better to talk with a staff member to explain everything and see what I could do.. 
Thanks! Hope you will tell me what to do as quick as possible!

This is off topic for this post but the only issues with changing IPs is if you are changing to one that is banned for breaking the rules. There is no other way for it to mess up your game or cause a bug. If this isn't clear or you have any further questions make a new post or send me a forum PM and we can discuss it there.

Froxt

Hello fellow Pokemasters!,
I noticed that some players are still have issues in map loading even after trying the fixes listed on the main post. I have a 3-step fix that might help (As it helped several more people including my friend)

If you tried all the solutions listed on the main post and crosschecked the problem on a different PC/Network; then these might work:

You do not need to apply all the fixes; Just apply one and check if it works because there are different causes to the same problem. Here I'm terminating them all.
**FIX 1** - Register game's .OCX files :
If you're trying to run the game in a different state, Registering .OCX files might work (*For Win XP users, You will need to register .DLL files too)

(I assume they are present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online). Here's a tutorial:
Open command prompt as admin

Then type the following commands in command prompt one by one in the same order
Code:
cd \Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online
 [then press Enter]
Code:
regSvr32 MSINET.OCX
[then press Enter] [a dialog box will prompt : hit ok]
Code:
regSvr32 MSWINSCK.OCX
[then press Enter] [a dialog box will prompt : hit ok]
Code:
regSvr32 RICHTX32.OCX
 [then press Enter] [a dialog box will prompt : hit ok]

**FIX 2** - Disable AV and Windows Firewall
Open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Click on "Turn Windows firewall on or off" and turn off both Private and Public Networks (If you don't want to do this just simply add "PWO.exe" into unblock list via "Allow an app or feature through windows firewall".

**FIX 3** - Clear/Add Administrator privelages
Go to your game folder (Default : C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online) and right click on PWO.exe and hit Properties.
Tick "Run this program as Adminstrator" if unticked or Vice versa if ticked. 

Also clear any compatibility settings

/NOTE :
Please do the fixes in the same order ; Otherwise it might end up corrupting game files
PM if you any related problems pending even after trying the above procedure or having difficulties understanding it.
It'd be helpful for me if you post/PM where/which part of this post fixed your problem
************IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK***************
-> Download Sandboxie and Run the game Sandboxed in it (One of its feature is isolating any service or program that tend to block your app)
-> Update your graphics card driver (for very old PCs)
-> Reinstall the client.
-> Disable any VPN or Proxy networks.

Regards!

riri

Well. I found out it was a problem in the internet, But I still wonder.. Why is the laptop the only one that can't use it?!
Anyways. Our connection is back and I could play normally, Sorry to waste your time!
Thanks for helping!

Lord-Dyno

I'm having this kind of bug in my pwo. How do you solve it for me, please?

Attachments

• mds.png
    mds.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 10

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
1Safadao1 said:

Did you try all the fixes on the first page of this post?

Lord-Dyno

HitmonFonty said:
1Safadao1 said:

Did you try all the fixes on the first page of this post?

Yes, I have tried all and can not with any of the fixes

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
1Safadao1 said:
https://prnt.sc/fakq2q  <<< Here is the image link of how is my pwo, GM-Fonty

You will need to log into the PWO IRC Chat and wait for Admin to look into this for you. IRC Chat is linked below in my signature and on the PWO home page.

hejazia

Kind of off-topic, but Fonty some of the links in your signature need to be updated from .net to .com

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
hejazia said:
Kind of off-topic, but Fonty some of the links in your signature need to be updated from .net to .com

Thanks for the prompt. I finally got around to updating them. :cool:

sheldonluisnoronha

Hi im in the middle of a crises... p
ls help me i have encountered a blackout,....and cant come out of it i have followed al the instructions of PANSY...who guided me ......however i have lost more than 3 hrs of game play..for no fault of mine...i kindly request to look into the matter and resolve it before the event ends

GodFather1

HitmonFonty said:
***IF, after reading and trying all the fixes below, you believe having your character moved ingame may help you- posting here is of little use. You need to contact staff directly, and that is done either ingame or on the official chat, which is linked below in my signature. We cannot move your character while you are offline so you need to talk to us directly when you are already logged into the game or can do so when we ask you to.***

If you have problems with map loading please do not make a new post about it. Reply to this post if you wish. This is a known issue and all the known 'fixes' for it are listed below in this post.

Latest fix:
Luminance said:
Kindly try to set your "Language for Non-Unicode applications" to English US, and the "Formats" to "English US".

Language for Non-Unicode applications can be found under the administrative tab of "Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Region and language"

Formats are found under the Formats tab in the previous window.

If that doesn't help try running the game as admin by right-clicking.

Sometimes the connection from client to map server is just unstable and only time will fix the problem, or  you might get lucky and may connect to the maps just by the old 'keep trying' method.

For others the problem is on your side so it is worth trying the methods below that have helped others, but sadly the fixes listed have not worked for everyone.

The troubleshooting methods listed below have worked for some:
* Type /ref while the map is attempting to load. (Hit Enter, type /ref, then hit Enter again.)
* Turn off your firewall and antivirus to see if one is blocking the map server. (Then make sure pwo.exe is an exception in your firewall, and any Resident Shield attached to your antivirus is disabled so you can turn your antivirus or firewall back on again.)
* Open Internet Explorer, go into your Internet Settings, and under "Homepage", click "Use Default" and then OK everything."
* Uninstall PWO and delete the PWO folder from your Program Files and then download and reinstall.
* Register another account and see if it is account related- try another computer- another internet address- another windows user account.

Also if your computer is part of a Network it could be the Network Security blocking the map server.

It can even come good on its own, or one of the above may work, but there is no set solution unfortunately.

Luminance said:
The following method worked with some players, maybe you should give it a try:

Open Internet options from:  Control Panel -> Network and Internet

You should see a window like that:
5uMSACf.jpg

if you opened Internet Options using your IE browser from Menu bar -> Tools -> Internet Options

You might see the following window:
YXbYnFb.jpg

Try to click on the bottoms in the red rectangles and check if the problem is solved or not. I am not sure what is the reason for the issue to be honest, but it deserves a try in my opinion :)

I hope this helps, good luck :)

If none of the above helps, you can visit our Discord Chat Server- which is linked below in my signature- where we can investigate your issue further.

Good luck!

Hi! nothing works/ ive tried everything that was sayed. dont know what to do. i want to play PWO very bad. Please help me.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Did you join the Discord Chat and ask for help there? Someone should be around to help you with the suggestions here in the post but if they're still not working that's the best place to catch a staff member who can try moving you to a different map.

zackarias

total que no hay solucion, un mi ni m sale el tanto por ciento de cargar simplemente me cambia de 800x650 una pantalla en negro no se si es por la resolucion ya que uso 1900x960 y en algunos juegos pasa que no hacen los juegos para estas tv y no lo entiendo tampoco lo unico que se es que me salta la pantalla totalmente en negro enfin tenia buena pinta el juego

Zenrrok

Hey guys,

I've reinstalled the client a couple of times to see why I don't load correctly. When I log in I have a black screen with clouds coming out of my character. My IP doesn't display on the initial Welcome Log so I don't know if it's a connection issue... or... Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Zenrrok said:
Hey guys,

I've reinstalled the client a couple of times to see why I don't load correctly. When I log in I have a black screen with clouds coming out of my character. My IP doesn't display on the initial Welcome Log so I don't know if it's a connection issue... or... Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

Try running the game as administrator. If you still have no luck we could move your character to a different map and see if that helps. We'll need to know when you're online for that though. Check out the Chat link on our homepage and as for staff help in there.

Koriban

I had to run the client as an Admin to get it to work for me, could just be that.

coffeecat86

hey,

can someone help me too? I have the same Problem after leaving safari zone Yoto and next login. Map is loading and blackscreen and reloading. cant join. I tried /ref, i had reinstall the client and i tried as administrator and with offline antivir. Same probleme again.

"Attempting to reload the map (cianwood city), if problem persists try again later."

I tried it with Windows 8 PC and windows 10 Labtop. Noone works. Can someone set me on other place?
Sorry for my bad english.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
hey,

can someone help me too? I have the same Problem after leaving safari zone Yoto and next login. Map is loading and blackscreen and reloading. cant join. I tried /ref, i had reinstall the client and i tried as administrator and with offline antivir. Same probleme again.

"Attempting to reload the map (cianwood city), if problem persists try again later."

I tried it with Windows 8 PC and windows 10 Labtop. Noone works. Can someone set me on other place?
Sorry for my bad english.

Hi there, at the time of you posting this we were having issues with the map server, since then this has been resolved and logging in should be fine now. If you find yourself still on a black map please drop by our Discord so we can try and help you :)