Map Loading Issues. (black screen)

furchia

black screen here as well. for several days. all the advices with MSIE and language settings completed but no use. :(

pikapika555

Hi, I have the same problem as @coffeecat86 (black screen after logging in and "Attempting to reload the map (Viridian City), if problem persists try again later."). I tried everything but to no avail :/ How to fix it? :(

ShinyMuskyEZ

Youngster
Hi, I have the same problem as @coffeecat86 (black screen after logging in and "Attempting to reload the map (Viridian City), if problem persists try again later."). I tried everything but to no avail :/ How to fix it? :(
Can you take a screenshot? I can also make it easier for the staff to see and fix it.

thunderclap

Youngster
This error occurs when your ISP, firewall, hardware adblocker, or router is blocking PWO's map server. Usually it's your ISP (internet service provider) and there's not much one can do about it.

If you have access to a different wifi hotspot, or cellular internet (ie. rocket stick), try that. Otherwise, you could play using a VPN.

Ketsuf

Hii I have the same thing going - This happened after I used rope. Idk what happeend and everything was actually just doing okay

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    67 KB · Views: 9

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hii I have the same thing going - This happened after I used rope. Idk what happeend and everything was actually just doing okay
A Staff member will need to teleport you when they are available in-game.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
If you still need help tomorrow (12 hours from now) I should be mostly available to log in and help. Just @Vod in the Discord.

teetow

Black map screen error the whole day today, any ways to fix? new to the game

Attachments

• image_2023-10-24_191115344.png
    image_2023-10-24_191115344.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 4

thunderclap

Youngster
@teetow @Miss-BunnY
Black Screen / Map Loading Issues: I have some general recommendations, since it's a long-standing occasional issue affecting a small minority. Sorry that you are having problems. These are in no particular order so try what is easiest for you first, and please report back the results.

1. Try typing "/ref" in the in-game chat.
2. Try a different internet connection, such as a different Wifi hotspot, or tether from your phone, if available, to test. Or try a VPN (there are free ones like ProtonVPN).
3. Your keyboard language should be set to English (United States). PWO does not support Unicode (characters with accents).
4. Try reinstalling PWO. I've had corrupt installations making certain maps glitched / displaying incorrectly and/or unusable.
5. Try temporarily disabling any firewalls / antivirus on your computer, or make exceptions for PWO. Not sure what port(s) PWO uses..
6. Make sure the time and date is set correctly on your computer.
7. Try using a different computer.
Once the cause is known, it's easier to try to correct it.

Most recent successful fix I've seen was #6. Good luck.