Making Pwo great again !

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Georgelzr said:
No it s not happening,and Bluerise,the admin who told that i am stupid,it s ok to curse a player ?
You re putting checks unable to be passed by people who are really capable,you re just selecting them by being nice to you and say the way you re saying things .We need active staff,and the inactive admins won t leave,just add others ,we need to improve this game,today like yesterday ane the day before yestarday were 12 players active for more than 3 hours,and are you doing something,we don t see nothing,pbbly u re hinding you re work from us ,cuz is 0 ,maybe that s why.We need active admins for active players

First you accuse Bluerise (Admins) of inactivity, which we've clearly stated here he isn't inactive at all- quite the opposite. Now you are going off your own topic and accusing him of something else entirely. This is looking more like a personal attack than a genuine desire to 'make PWO great again'. If this is a personal attack on Bluerise you would be attempting to have the exact opposite effect on the game than your stated intention. Bluerise would probably be overall in the whole time I have been here the single staff member who has put more time and effort into the game than any other. You don't even have to take my word for it, check through the old forum posts which will show hours upon hours of responses to all sorts of issues across PWO. Many of his past player support efforts are no longer needed as he himself has also spent time making it so other staff- GMs, CGs, GEs etc. can share the work he often had to do all by himself in the past. That process is still going on today, changing the system so the weight can be carried by many instead of just one person, which gives all of us including Bluerise the opportunity to spend more of our time to work on things that actually progress the game rather than so much of it going to maintenance and fixing current glitches etc.

You just don't have any idea of the sheer amount of work involved in bringing this game to you and keeping it running as efficiently as it does. Nor do you seem interested in accepting our word for it. You are basically calling us liars by continuing to claim 'admins' are inactive. If this was truly the case and staff were inactive you wouldn't even be getting a response to this post.

As for our standards being too high. I am the one that has done most if not all of the pre-staff checks over the last few years and our standards really shouldn't be anything to be scared of. All I look for is evidence of breaking our rules pretty much. If we let people into staff who are known to cheat then we are just asking for trouble. It is a sad fact that my checks have led to temporary bans for breaking our rules at least as often as they have led to asking them to be staff. But we know the reality and still may give players with a checkered history a chance at staff if we as a group think it worth the risk. We do need more staff but aren't desperate enough to take major risks to the game by taking on those who have already proven not to respect the rules of the game.

Crysgan

Personally, i don´t like the idea. I agree about what Fonty said. Its not fair if "inactive" players want back to play and don´t have their pokemons/money/items.

I don´t think if people get free pokemons or other good things from inactive/banned accounts will make PWO better.

To be honest, the people with this kind of ideas are selfish and lazy.

reitr

In terms of new players you have to offer in order to get them.I know its a sad fact but a new player will chooese a game who has more and better things not a nearly 60% made game that has been online since 2008.So in my opinion this idea or new events wont help maybe they will with old inactive players but what will you get only 1 month and than they will leave.
So in order to get new players make the game better it needs essencial things that a normal pokemon game has like natures new regions new items etc and after you done all of this it needs an active staff player to work with its publicity like an youtube channel facebook page not only the twitter account.
This will help for getting back the old players too and for them maybe there are different way to for exemple make the game easy.I dont like the game rarity/tiers system and to tell the truth to search for a tier 5 pokemon its a pain.If the staff will ever someday put the natures searching for 20h and getting a crap nature will be crap.
For nowdays that there are not may active players and mart is dying maybe an ideal idea would be with npc that give quests or mission and you get money for them like catch a pokemon and train or npc that sells random or specific pokemon with random stats.
Idk maybe they all are bad ideas or they are impossible to do but its been more than 5 years that i know/play this game and i really want to see it be great again :)
(Sorry for my bad english)

justme1306

Youngster
Georgelzr said:
No it s not happening,and Bluerise,the admin who told that i am stupid,it s ok to curse a player ?
You re putting checks unable to be passed by people who are really capable,you re just selecting them by being nice to you and say the way you re saying things .We need active staff,and the inactive admins won t leave,just add others ,we need to improve this game,today like yesterday ane the day before yestarday were 12 players active for more than 3 hours,and are you doing something,we don t see nothing,pbbly u re hinding you re work from us ,cuz is 0 ,maybe that s why.We need active admins for active players

i was online when bluerise call you stupid and there was reasons behind it.

1- halloween was just finished and staff put a lot of effort wasnt small event.
2- it was christmas or new year day ( staff have family too)
3- he explained many times about why no event on christmas ( i was disapointed too but...what we can do)
4-even after his explanation you keep asking about christmas event and start raging about it.
5- everyday staff been asked if there is a event coming so sometime they can lose their cool.

staff working hard and have personal life. can they work harder on game? some staff im sure they can but...they are volunteer thats mean not paid for it. some people will be back when new areas and content will be there i am sure.

Rigaudon

Youngster
This topic actually reminded me to close a few loose ends regarding recruitment, so some nice things happened. We now have a more solid long-term plan regarding potentials I've had my eye on for a while. Not that I appreciate the earlier hostile accusations let alone want to humor them, but I thought this would amuse some of you.

I talked to our content staff and reserved some of the update schedule plans specifically for training potential apprentices. I then considered all of the players I have observed that had satisfactory general behavior and a skill we needed/willingness to learn.  I discussed those people w/ content staff to see how they would fit within the staff group in order to best customize their training and give them a smoother transition into staff. Finally, I posted their names on the staff recruitment topic; nobody had any last minute concerns or objections. As is usual, our GMs gave those players a background check, which is the final step before offering an invitation, and-

GMs: Looks like they farmed accounts for starter Pokemon.

This is why we can't have nice things. :/

[size=x-small]edit: this is also why we won't say who we considered previously. we'd eventually be bugged into answering why they were declined, which would force us into a catch22. Either we let those people be publicly shamed and have to carry around a bad reputation indefinitely, or we don't say WHY we declined specific people. The latter risks us being accused of a cover-up or having players constantly arguing with us about why that person deserves staff, even if they don't know the reason for the decline.[/size]

justme1306

Youngster
rig staff should check first if they did something wrong before giving name or hiring staff. thats my opinion because you train someone and after you lose all the hard work done

Rigaudon

Youngster
justme1988 said:
rig staff should check first if they did something wrong before giving name or hiring staff. thats my opinion because you train someone and after you lose all the hard work done

It's just a matter of efficiency and good prioritization. There's a reason the background check doesn't come first when I am the one that recommends names. (Note: Anyone in staff can recommend anyone else, the suggestion just has to be thought out and posted formally on the forums.)

I'm normally the one doing most of the running around as I'm part of management. Most of my job is loaded toward the front and back of a project, so I will get dead times when projects are in the middle of implementation by content staff. Since I don't have much else to do aside from some as-they-come problem solving situations during those time periods, I end up paying a lot of attention to the community in an attempt to get more numbers in groups so that the groups are as healthy and reliable as possible.

I try to put this mostly on myself to make sure apprentices have a good chance to meet success in staff. If they drop off the face of the earth or abuse their power, it escalates from only wasting MY time to wasting an entire group's time (or all of staff, if they end up being drama llamas). At worst, the apprentice has a bad attitude, which stresses the other staff member trying to train them.

Furthermore, Management/scheduling is part of my job but background checks for potential staff are not part of the GM group's regular duties even though it is protocol.

I'd rather "waste" my time than theirs or anyone else's. If a player has a clean record but otherwise does not meet skill requirements, we don't have time to train them, or other staff have observed unsatisfactory behavior, I made the GMs go out of their way for the selfish reason that I didn't want to spend time doing part of my job. It would be a bad principle.

For the usual process, it's simply more efficient and considerate to cut our losses on the ramp-up than to make the GMs waste their work when they are already somewhat short-staffed and are currently training apprentices themselves (on top of their normal duties). It's also more effective to be wary of incoming apprentices, because a single person can throw everything for a loop if they are not mature enough to handle it.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Georgelzr said:

LOL Oh and knowing you I'm sure you did nothing to instigate it. I say that if he called you stupid, props to him, just saying what about 99.9% of us already know.

justme1988 said:
Georgelzr said:

i was online when bluerise call you stupid and there was  reasons behind it.

1- halloween was just finished and staff put a lot of effort wasnt small event.
2- it was christmas or new year day ( staff have family too)
3- he explained many times about why no event on christmas ( i was disapointed too but...what we can do)
4-even after his explanation you keep asking about christmas event and start raging about it.
5- everyday staff been asked if there is a event coming so sometime they can lose their cool.

staff working hard and have personal life. can they work harder on game? some staff im sure they can but...they are volunteer thats mean not paid for it. some people will be back when new areas and content will be there i am sure.
As I figured, he pretty much asked for it, getting people mad seems to be  a talent of Georgy's. LOL

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Jobey said:
I say that if he called you stupid, props to him, just saying what about 99.9% of us already know.

Whether he did or not it's not something that's encouraged so reinforcing it here is not helpful. And I'm sure you aren't speaking for anywhere near all of us so please avoid that in future also.

In spite of the controversial nature of this post it has been reasonably civilised for the most part, let's not have it degrade into name-calling.

Boora

Youngster
I dont even get why you people care about new staff members, back when i was active we had 150-300 online players avg THEN maybe yeah we wanted some new staff to make more frequent events and such
but as of now the last 5 times i was online the /online command showed between 12-19 online players, this game has 3 admins 1 gm and 1-2 cgs iirc , thats 5-6 staff members for avg of 20 online members a day.
you need to find a way to make people come back and be active, the staff is just fine the way it is

my 2 cents.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
HitmonFonty said:
Jobey said:
I say that if he called you stupid, props to him, just saying what about 99.9% of us already know.

Whether he did or not it's not something that's encouraged so reinforcing it here is not helpful. And I'm sure you aren't speaking for anywhere near all of us so please avoid that in future also.

In spite of the controversial nature of this post it has been reasonably civilised for the most part, let's not have it degrade into name-calling.

Sorry, for that post, but I do not consider most of the stuff he has said on here to be civilized, or anything on PWO where he talks down to most of the players and especially harsh toward new players. People like that create bad morale, he talks about wanting to make PWO great again but in all honesty an attitude like his should be changed before he make posts about something like this. I honestly see him having no true desire to make PWO again unless he starts treating others better. I don't just randomly attack people on here, so if I have a reason to say something negative toward ones character its because they have done something to lead to that. But I agree degrading to name calling is highly inappropriate and will fail to get any valid points across, however, that is a two way road and he should take the same advice as well.

Anyway, back to the topic, the best way to make PWO great is to simply treat others fairly. Help out other players if you can when they need it, be a fair sport, no need for being  a sore loser or disliking a person just because they have better luck or better pokemon or beat you in battle often. If a player has a question answer nicely and be friendly about it. Just because you think its a "noob question" doesn't mean it is, not everybody knows everything some know more than others and some know less than others and the best way to learn is to ask questions. Knowledge shared is knowledge gained so lets all be reasonable. This game is for fun, a place to get away from what goes on in the real world so why bring negativity to a place that should be a positive experience. Treat people the way they deserve to be treated, I'm not exactly a "turn the other cheek" kind of guy but I do believe in treating all with kindness unless they have given you a legitimately despicable  reason not to. Lets all learn to live and live to learn and do our best to keep this game going.

The-Predator

Youngster
My opinion is, bringing back pokemon from banned accounts or accounts about to be banned, wont make people to come back to the game, it will bring temporary fun to the already few members active in game.
PWO needs more content, New maps (no temporary ones), New pokemon, a brand new region. There are 7 regions now where PWO has reached most 3rd gen pokemon and barely few 4th gen pokemon and we have been stuck in johto for so many years, there is a point in PWO when there is nothing else to do.

Moleman999

Hi there, I'm not a famous or even good player but I played a while ago and have sunk hundreds of hours into this game. Occasionally I google PWO and see if there have been any changes. The number one thing that would get me to sink hundreds more hours into this game would be a new region. This could take a year or two of work I know this is not something that is easy for the dev team to do but I think that is the big thing you can do to get people playing again.

Seasonal events are good for people playing regularly but people randomly checking up on PWO might do so any time of year. They are unlikely to log in to find an event is on or there is one coming up etc. I think a new region is in such high demand that if you said to the playerbase: "Okay we aren't going to sink all our dev hours into a new region so we can't really come up with other side content including seasonal events"; then people would be completely fine with it and would actually be quite happy.

Additionally taking pokemon from old accounts that aren't banned dissuades inactive people from coming back and actually means that a small playerbase has the numbers of top pokemon that a previously larger playerbase had. That makes no sense at all. If there are only 10 people active every day and suddenly the mods shove in 100 shiny Gyarados with all top IVs then each of them now has 10 perfect Gyarados where is the fun in that? Sure everyone wants legendary pokemon but if we all had fifty legendary pokemon they would no longer be legendary. It's possibly the worst thing you can do in this game because this game revolves around the grind of trying to catch good pokemon.

Edit: Another reason for people to play is community and I think if guild costs were lowered that would be massive. I used to be in Concrete Angels at one point (holy **** I can't even believe I remember this from like 5/6 years ago) and that's a big pull. A lot of people play games just because of the clans/guilds they are in.