Make rare event pokemon purchase-able.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
An idea for events in the future.

The "Prized Pokemon" of the event, such as Glaceon and Hippopotas from last Christmas, would be able to be purchased like other event items by fainting certain pokemon to collect a specific event item that you can trade a certain number of to receive 1 of the rare event pokemon.

Throw in some pokemon we don't care about unless it is shiny and have us faint them until we save up 999 of its item, then we can go purchase the rare event pokemon, which would be limited to 1 of each.

This would reward the players like myself who work hard towards a goal instead of just leaving the entire event up to luck. I am pretty sure there are quite a lot of players who would never have the time to hunt like this though. But there are also some that could do it. Keep in mind that we are also having to save up the other items to buy the event TMs/ Tutors etc., and hunt rares and shinies on top of this, possibly even in 2 regions. A daunting task.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
So like an event for previous event pokemon? They did this sort of with fossilween with killing pokes for a turn in quest to get a pokemon and I'm 1000% not a fan of this.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I guess I wasn't quite clear enough. What I specifically meant was:

Lets say next Halloween the rare pokemon will be Pumpkaboo. Apply what I said to Pumpkaboo. You would need to faint something like Nidorans until you get 999 (Event Item) "Pumpkin Seeds". Then you could go to the nearby NPC and trade the Pumpkin Seeds for 1 Pumpkaboo.

I didn't mean to allow pokemon from previous events with what I said. (Although it may not be such a bad idea to do so since we could only get 1 each...)

whisMEAT

Youngster
Normally im against providing missed events' items,tutors,pokemons as it konda ruins the journey fun/logic of the game.but if it is this limited as you say ,i liked it. Or it may be even further be edited like, u get one item or pokemon or tutor but thats the end. U cant cover up old events but got one wild card.

OR(just adding for the sake of suggesting) this may be regular yearly event like "flashbacks of pwo" .

It is very likely this would lower the prices and gave some flow to economy.

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Without the re-release of items there'll be no more new Dusknoir, Gliscor, Weaviles, etc. And I sure as heck ain't paying the ridiculous prices for the items I need, especially since I don't have that kind of money. If those kinds of items aren't re-released in some way it eventually comes to the point where I see no need to keep playing since the pokemon I've wanted for years will never be mine.