Luminous Updates

The-Predator

Youngster
Ok, we prolly will be having more luck next summer :/.

One more question whos part of the content making team? Do we have staff members which are working in content such as TMs, move tutors or even Broken moves? , We are going to be ending the year with lots of Broken moves that has been here for years, I dont want to push anyone but seriously there are near to no battlers left in PWO almost same guys there with same pokemon, New moves/broken moves need to be added or fixed

Orean

Website
twitter.com
I assure you that—while yes, we have been short-handed on the content-development manpower needed—we have been concocting more means of releasing TMs and tutor-taught moves behind the scenes—including some of the more popularly in-demand TMs and potential tutor-teachable moves. The work-plan schematics for many have still been discussed extensively behind the scenes enough that our drawing board has nearly been filled out, and they're nearly ready to be released; it's more so a matter of having the content-development manpower and resources needed to plug them in.

We are confident that we will be more fruitful with our GE-Scripter manpower in the near future, as multiple GE-Scipter apprentices have been in the training process, and it should not be much longer until some are ready to work in a full-fledged capacity on staff. Once we have such manpower, it shouldn't take too much longer for some TMs and tutor-taught moves to be released. ;)

KPyppo said:

One more question whos part of the content making team? Do we have staff members which are working in content such as TMs, move tutors or even Broken moves? , We are going to be ending the year with lots of Broken moves that has been here for years, I dont want to push anyone but seriously there are near to no battlers left in PWO almost same guys there with same pokemon, New moves/broken moves need to be added or fixed

Content-development entails adding in content—namely NPCs, maps, and so on—that do not require developmental updates to the raw-server/client coding, and thus non-Admin/DEV staff can add them in (namely GE-Scripters); broken moves would not fall under this bracket, as it requires back-end changes to the server/client in order to support. TMs and move-tutors, in a vacuum, are ultimately distributed by NPCs in the end, so there's no reason why we won't be able to release them once a work-plan has been devised for their obtainability.

The content-development staff heavily hinges on GE-Scripters, who are the implementators of the said NPCs we need to release it, which is much of what we've been focusing our staff-recruitment/training within the past-few months.

Rigaudon

Youngster
KPyppo said:

Finally getting back to this.

Aside from Earthquake, are there any other TMs would you like to see added to the game in particular?

The-Predator

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
KPyppo said:

Aside from Earthquake, are there any other TMs would you like to see added to the game in particular?

Wild charge (wary), Flame charge, brick break, Fly (or some other flying-type move with decent damage), elemental punches, energy ball, Psychic, Shadow ball, waterfall, EQ, I will think of some others for now those are the ones i think should have priority

AncientWizard

Rigaudon said:
KPyppo said:

stone edge,gigadrain,eq and all (hidden powers)!!!

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Rigaudon said:

Energy ball, Surf, Waterfall, psychic are the absolute most important TMs/HMs you could release right now imo.

Secondarily: Wild charge, Return/frustration (now that happiness works), Fly, brick break, and poison jab (if it's not out yet, can't remember).

Nikola

Youngster
Early game: Dig, Psychic, Brick Break.
Late game: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Energy ball and Focus blast (as gym reward-dont fool around).

Also, why suggest surf as TM? Egg/breeding moves through move tutors would be far more viable then Surf and Fly as TMs. Those are HMs, using totally different system. If you going to put Surf as tutor/TM then put extreme speed tutor as well. Cheers.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I'd like to broaden the suggestions with some tutor moves as well. I'll be only taking into account moves that currently are fully working or are somewhat close to that state.

TMs/HMs - EQ, Energy Ball, Surf, Waterfall, Calm Mind and Stone Edge. Those would be key additions TMwise imo. On a lower priority tier I'd group Psychic, Bulldoze, Shadow Claw, Wild Charge, X-Scissor and Payback. To who suggested Poison Jab, it's not much of a 'prioritary' tm to be added for 2 reasons: main pokemon that could make use of it belong to a later gen which pwo doesn't fully have yet (4th) and also because pwo lacks the fairy type, until gen VI introduction of fairies poison jab used to be a passable move competitively.

Move Tutors - Elemental Punches, Low Kick and Roost . On a lower priority tier I'd group Signal Beam, Seed Bomb, Dragon Pulse, Iron Head, Heat Wave and Pain Split.

To whoever suggested a flying type move, the only one that comes to mind is acrobatics. However for it to be viable the power needs to change to 110 (move power if the pokemon using it isn't holding an item) since pwo doesn't have held items

Arnie

elemental punch move tutor.

we also need some physical TMs to balance against the overwhelming majority of special based ones

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I wouldn't be suggesting move tutor moves here unless you think their inclusion would be mega game changing in a good way. The point right now is that we have 100 TMs in the game, most working, but most also not available to players as yet. We are working on making them available and your feedback will help us in what priority each TM move has in being released.

So if you want to go outside of that feedback and suggest move tutors, give good reasons as to why we'd make them a priority.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Out of move tutors, the elemental punches, low kick and roost would be rather game changing as they englobe moves that are a bit of a staple on certain pokemon's movesets. The punches work as the physical counterpart of the elemental beams (thunderbolt, flamethrower and ice beam) and everyone knows how widely widespread those moves are. Roost would allow flying types a bit more staying power (flying type isn't really know for being a good type defensively when taking type charts into consideration) not to mention it is seen on quite a few pokemon sets competitively. Low kick in comparison may seem to not be as prioritary as the other moves that were mentioned as it would be a move that would give some pokemon a bit more coverage (and it is a better option than brick break, which has been suggested by other players), not to mention we are a bit lacking on physical moves that can be taught (iirc those are summed up to outrage, rock slide and aerial ace, last one being a move that isn't really worth teaching)

HOF69

Rigaudon said:

TMs: Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball (Rock Slide was re-released, so I see no reason why Shadow Ball shouldn't be as well)

HMs: Waterfall, Surf

I realize you said TMs, but Waterfall and Surf are as or more important than many TMs. They're basically the water equivalents of Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, etc. Scald is nice, but not all water Pokemon can learn that move. Surf or Waterfall can be learned by pretty much everything, and in some cases one of them is preferred over Scald (e.g. Waterfall for Gyarados).

Tendou

FirePunch, TPunch and Ice Punch are the best ones to be the next releases however they are move tutors now (they lost their TM status during Gen 3 'n forward).

We are really in need of the moves said above but if TMs are the mainly target only in this topic I would suggest the following:

Frustration and Return (they are working now)
X-Scissor
Wild Charge
Dragon Tail
Work Up
Venoshock
Haze (if fixed)
Rock Polish

BorneoBoys

Why Thunderbolt can miss, I used it on my Gastly...
20zr8le.jpg

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Sometimes, even the 100% accuracy moves can miss. Most probably this is because of the way it was implemented.