"Lucky Item" Shiny-Odds Bonus drop item, Shiny-Odds Pokemon Disposal NPC (using REP)

justme1306

Youngster
i would propose pokemon who cant drop items could drop like nugget and u could be able to sell to npc

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'm not sure this is strictly on topic, but is there any specific Pokémon which hasn't featured in a recent event or swarm, that you are really looking for?

thunderclap

Youngster
Jinji said:
I'm not sure this is strictly on topic, but is there any specific Pokémon which hasn't featured in a recent event or swarm, that you are really looking for?
I'd most like for Lickitung to be Tier 1 in a swarm.  If you're open to a bunch of suggestions, I'd be really happy with any of these:

Land:  Lickitung, Jigglypuff, Heracross, Sneasel, Mime Jr.
Sea:  Marill, Shuckle, Carvanha, Mudkip

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
As many suggestions as you'd like. I'd like to do another swarm soon; and I'm interested in what actually interests players right now. (Of course I will disregard any stupid suggestions; and may consult with other Staff before making my final decisions)

Back on topic, one of the concerns I have with this proposal is the idea of having the perks reset for everyone at exactly the same time each week... I feel as though this would mean updating hundreds, or even thousands of player accounts at once; and this could cause significant load.

justme1306

Youngster
so idea of swarms...i dont remember seen jynx in a swarm or mr mime - magmar is a popular and very hard poke to get also it has been in a swarm but long long time ago - dont remember seen dito in a swarm either - shuckle would be nice too - thats a few pokes i would be interested to see and hunt :D

Trainer5

Youngster
I think the player should have a number of four leaf clovers(maybe 5) for the free membership to activate so that getting free membership is not an easy task for people who are usually very lucky. Aside from that this idea is great and I hope it gets implemented.

thunderclap

Youngster
Jinji said:
As many suggestions as you'd like. I'd like to do another swarm soon; and I'm interested in what actually interests players right now. (Of course I will disregard any stupid suggestions; and may consult with other Staff before making my final decisions)

Back on topic, one of the concerns I have with this proposal is the idea of having the perks reset for everyone at exactly the same time each week... I feel as though this would mean updating hundreds, or even thousands of player accounts at once; and this could cause significant load.
Would it be more manageable to give each person exactly one week from the time they find the item? That way would be better for players. I thought the mass-reset would be easier on the server.

rutafxmen

Jinji said:

:-/

hope the event not around 16- 26 june, cant attend hiks

:-/

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
thunderclap said:
Jinji said:
Would it be more manageable to give each person exactly one week from the time they find the item? That way would be better for players. I thought the mass-reset would be easier on the server.

I was actually discussing this with the Staff yesterday. To tell the truth, both approaches have good and bad points.
  • The problem with the "reset all at the same time" approach, is that while it makes for a simpler implementation (literally you would just need a boolean for "found a clover this week", and just set this to true when they find one), we would then need a script to change all "true"s to false at the end of each week. If this turns out to be a lot of people, it could cause a strain on the database - so this approach would be best suited to the item being very hard to find.
  • The alternative approach, of players getting a full week from the find, would scale better, but would be more complicated to implement: For one, we'd need to somehow store the exact time a Clover was last found as a user variable; then date math will need to be used before each encounter to work out if the Clover is still valid.
Regardless of the exact approach though, I believe it's fair to say that this idea would probably be much more complicated to implement than it may at first suggest.

thunderclap

Youngster
I'm thinking the item should definitely be very hard to find, since it is membership we are talking about, which is a very expensive thing. Roughly like a hard Tier 5's odds maybe. There shouldn't be more than a few people each week who need to be reset. The real strain would be from resetting people who had traded in pokemon with the NPC. You could make it so only those who find a clover are eligible to trade in pokemons though. Then it would still just be a few people.

My idiotic layman non-programmer intuition says that modern computers/servers are probably capable of making a few hundred/thousand calculations without too much trouble. Even if it causes a few minutes of server lag/downtime each week when the script is run, people probably won't really notice, since there's occasional lag as it is. CPU cycles aside, the real question in my mind is how difficult it would be to program.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
for swarms i would like to suggest to try and improve the battle system in this game as u can see many players have tried to do gym leaders so i wouldn't suggest some poke's like jynx and others they are useless on battles and u can ask and in the same time we need new poke's i can suggest 3/4 poke's to be in a swarm maybe something like :
1. Gible
2. Ducklet
3. Forreseed
4. Litwick
5. Golet

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
This will leave some players out but we need a surf swarm for lapras, qwilfish and maybe barboach or wailmer

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
sorry for any harm but this is really bad behaviour almost all players want to do a swarm contain poke's he/she like. THIS GAME NEED TO PROGRESS

Kingstone

Good idea, I think that would move the game (Lucky item), probably this will animate some hunters who are 'sleeping'.
Regarding swarms, it could be a pokemon that pleases as many players as possible, I would give as an example some Dragon-type pokemon (Bagon, Trapinch or other), or something innovative, Gible maybe.

Midou said:
sorry for any harm but this is really bad behaviour almost all players want to do a swarm contain poke's he/she like. THIS GAME NEED TO PROGRESS

Yes, the game needs something new.

justme1306

Youngster
jinji asked sugestion about what players want as a swarm so ofc people will name poke they wanna hunt - thats pretty much a sugestion - i doubt a swarm will make the game better it will only be nice for 24 hours which is good to me atleast it keep players around - if u wanna improve the game and make pvp better we need events - 24 hours swarm isnt enough to make pvp more interesting - ofc thats my opinion

i can see gible and other good battler pokemon in a event with a tutor for a week event or few days so people can get good new battler pokemons instead of just 24 hours and people who cant play week end wont have the chance to find one so i would prefer to see those kind of pokemon for events unless swarm is for few days and not 24 hours

Paarthurnax~

Midou said:
for swarms i would like to suggest to try and improve the battle system in this game as u can see many players have tried to do gym leaders so i wouldn't suggest some poke's like jynx and others they are useless on battles and u can ask and in the same time we need new poke's i can suggest 3/4 poke's to be in a swarm maybe something like :
1. Gible
2. Ducklet
3. Forreseed
4. Litwick
5. Golet

Gen 5 pokemon at this point in time will not appear in swarms. They are all broken and only have Hidden power in their moveset, so this will not work. Gible is a special case though, and I'm not sure I wholly agree with implementing it at this time. But it is not up to me :)