Kanto Re-Spawn Project Bock 7 feedback.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The final block for kanto is now live. Please test these new spawns and give us as much feedback as you can. With this block Kanto region is complete.

From Rigaudon's Logs the updates are as follows:

Water Route 19 and Route 20:
-Very different spawns and levels now. Remoraid and Corsola are here but Magikarp is gone, for instance.
-Level buffs
-Relicanth will be adding NPCs to battle here.

Cinnabar Volcano Island:
-Farewell, Staryu. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Johto doesn't have enough unique native Pokemon as it is.

Cinnabar Volcano Path:
-Magby replaced by Magmar because Voucher Prize Corner.
-Level buffs

Route 21:
-Mostly changes done to the water, same as the ocean routes and kanto water stuff.
-Level buffs

Cerulean Cave:
•Massive changes to the map's purpose.
-The spawns are completely, utterly different. This is no longer a major hunting map - sorry to say but if you want Rhyhorns, you will have to visit the safari. That being said, Marowak lovers might have a little more fun here than in Lavender Tower. Also, if you're trying to grind for a surfboard or are stuck on the other region's high level gym leaders, this will probably be a godsend.
-The levels, especially on the last floor, are majorly buffed; CC is now a training area. No more painfully training, say... Jolteons to level 99 on Gravelers and Quagsires.

•Massive changes to the quest courtesy of Relicanth.
- Due to the changes in the map's purpose, it now takes only 8 badges to enter CC 1f and 2f. If you have 8 badges but don't have a surfboard, a guy named "Cerulean Cave Aid" in Cerulean City will let you in if you talk with him.
-That being said, you can't reach B1F without having 16 badges and completing the original entrance quest. For people hurting on exp, though, it will be worth it.

HOF69

The part of this update I was most interested to see was Cerulean Cave B1F. Here's what Rig said in her log: "The levels, especially on the last floor, are majorly buffed."

Needless to say, I am disappointed. I will recognize that the training this floor now offers is the best in PWO (excluding NPCs). All of the spawns are evolved Pokemon in the low 50s on land and high 50s/low 60s in the water. But to say that this was a "major buff" is an overstatement IMO. The Pokemon before were in the low to mid 40s. Moreover, this update benefits Pokemon that can beat water types while training a lot more. What if you have something like a Rhydon to train? The spawn levels on land should be as high as those in the water, if nothing else.

This is exactly why I created that poll several weeks ago. I want the staff to recognize that training in PWO is needlessly difficult and time-consuming. We are in desperate need of some high level wild spawns. No, not in the 50s or even 60s. I'm talking about 70s or higher. Hopefully the future changes to Mt. Silver will provide us with something like that.

Nevertheless, thanks for your continuing hard work Rig.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Thanks for the feedback HOF. It is ultimately our goal to make gaining max level while still being a challenge certainly not as mindlessly time-consuming as it has been up until now. So we will keep a close eye on feedback for CC B1F and will be in there doing testing ourselves also.

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
I know I averaged 900k-1m exp on my silver at full speed or about 1m every 40-50 mins at chill speed. I'll test this new one out and post my results and suggestions here.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Also, something that would also be extremely helpful is if somebody let us know how long it took them to get a Pokemon from 98-99 on the newer levels in B1F. I'll be running through on my player account as well, regardless, to check out if the estimates translate well into less tedium or if more needs to be done. I just find that it is easier to add than to take away.

mihay9245

i've been fishing in route 19-20 after ive seen this post and i miss a lot at fishing... i catch like 1/3 tryes ...is this normal or?... im level 35 at fishing

very good at leveling Magmar-93 99 very fast ... vey good zone for end levels

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
Well after some testing at lv 96+ my mamoswine and gliscor average 1m exp per 10 mintues. I did however have some trouble leveling my vaporeon since he doesnt do well in the water and in land the pokes are lower level which decreases the exp earned by a significant amount.

tote514

Higher level pokemons and trainers will be some really cool, what about allow trainers to grown up to level cap?? Will be interesting to face full room of 100 npc pokemons level...

Nikola

Youngster
EXP gaining system is heavily broken if it was not made on purpose to be broken however. If the EXP gaining formula is working as intended you would have less troubles in leveling up your Pokemon which would make this spawn revision more viable.