Just Want To Say Hi

LuaZua

I'm new here and I've been playing for a small amount of time for the past few days so I think it's time I finally start to interact with the community. So hello, this community seems great (but kinda small), hopefully I can start interacting with you guys a little bit more. And also, since I'm a bit new, if anyone has any pointers or tips, feel free to share, anything will be appreciated.

Klay

Youngster
Hi
The best place to interact with others while they're not on and get staff members to help you if you're stuck with something is definitively the Discord server: here
About tips, if you started in Kanto, there's a small quest in Virdian Forest which can get you a cheap price for the rod, and if you chose the best region, something similar is in Dark Cave (the cave next to Violet), but with a good hunting spot for Heracross and Murkrow instead
There might be more tips, but it depends what you want to do in this game (hunt them all? get poks with the best IVs? get shinies? fight other players? chill?)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Greetings and welcome to PWO, @LuaZua ! Our community might be small these days, but it's very close-knit and friendly, so I hope you'll find yourself right at home here :) Do spread the word about us to your friends too!

My advice would be to make sure you never ignore NPCs you come across on your travels. While some may simply look for battles; and others may just make inane comments which don't really matter, there are also a lot of NPCs that provide useful advice and hints or may have something to offer you. This is especially true when doing things like the Surfboard Quest mentioned by Klay earlier; or any time there's an event in-game. Don't just skip past NPC dialogue - read it, because sometimes you might miss crucial information otherwise ;)

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Welcome to PWO

The thing I see players doing is logging on and then messaging "Any events?", when all they had to do was read the log on message we get when we open PWO. Pay attention to those, especially around Halloween and Christmas.

Save your money the best you can, since PDs can be used to buy Memberships from other players,Or you could donate and get some Tokens to buy a Membership.

Membership is good to have, especially during events, since it boosts the amount of PDs you get from battling wild pokemon, more experience from wild pokemon, and increased Shiny Odds. 1/2048 instead of 1/8192.

Also, 500K for a bike isn't truly a lot, though it seems like it when you start playing. The original games wanted $1,000,000.

Depending on your skill level, there are several pokemon you should acquire to make your life easier, such as Parasect/ Smeargle/ some kind of cleric that has Wish, Heal Bell/ Aromatherapy.

Stock up on Escape Ropes since players sometimes get stuck, and using one of those usually unsticks you.