Just had a thought..

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
Jinji said:
[Glow=#9932CC]I do not believe I've heard that term before...[/Glow]

Oh, well in the newer pokemon games you can have wild pokes call for help by either bringing them down to a certain health (49%?) or using an adrenaline orb. they summon a pokemon found on that map and with each sos (chain) that comes in, it increases shiny chance, better IVs, chance for rarer poke on that map etc.
Dunno how hard something like that would be to implement (now that I think about it I think it'd be long off) but just thought it'd be cool and would give hunters, everyone for that matter, a new way to search for pokes. Could be in places such as safari zone or mt silver, cerulean cave. Kind of the hot spots

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Oh! So THAT's what that features's called. I apologise for my ignorance... Generation 7 is not something I've paid strong attention to. There's various reasons for that, but I'd rather not bore you with them right now.

PWO's current system only allows single Pokémon wild spawns, to the best of my knowledge. Whether we COULD support newer kind of wild battles, such as double encounters or SOS battles... I believe it's a possibility, but it's a question best pitched to a DEV. Hopefully one comes to check this thread soon enough ;)

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
Jinji said:
Oh! So THAT's what that features's called. I apologise for my ignorance... Generation 7 is not something I've paid strong attention to. There's various reasons for that, but I'd rather not bore you with them right now.

PWO's current system only allows single Pokémon wild spawns, to the best of my knowledge. Whether we COULD support newer kind of wild battles, such as double encounters or SOS battles... I believe it's a possibility, but it's a question best pitched to a DEV. Hopefully one comes to check this thread soon enough ;)

You're fine Jinji! I just appreciate the response!
Gen 7 certainly has it's ups and downs but I think SOS is one of the better features.
I should add that I watched a stream for 3 or so hours of a guy trying to catch a shiny with this method and he didn't find one.
So it's not some super easy way to get these things I listed just a slightly increased chance and I think something fresh for people new and old.

Hoping a DEV will visit soon for a more definitive answer, I'll keep checking up and bumping it occasionally.

Isguros

Youngster
This idea shouldn't, and probably wouldn't happen just because of the detrimental consequences it will have on the prices and availability of high tiered shiny Pokemon. The odds of finding a shiny Pokemon might not increase by that much, but to handpick a Pokemon you want your shiny to be, that's disastrous for what's left of PWO's economy

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
Isguros said:
This idea shouldn't, and probably wouldn't happen just because of the detrimental consequences it will have on the prices and availability of high tiered shiny Pokemon. The odds of finding a shiny Pokemon might not increase by that much, but to handpick a Pokemon you want your shiny to be, that's disastrous for what's left of PWO's economy

Thank you for the response and I understand the point you are making and it was something I thought about briefly. Although i do feel like it could also help bring in new players and circulate money that's sitting around. Could also put a cap on the IVs so they aren't higher than hunting single pokes like how token store is between certain values? Idk I been away a while so idk if token store is still like that but I'd hate for this idea to be completely written off although I know it's something that probably wouldn't happen for a long time, if ever.
Guess I'd just like others input on it and just a discussion :).

Rigaudon

Youngster
I don't think we could directly do SOS battles for the same reasons Isguros suggested, but I'm intrigued by the idea of unique/different wild pokemon battle formats.

GawertyXL

I think it could potentially be done, but without the buff to shiny chance/IVs... You'd get more EXP and more Money for winning the encounter, and maybe a higher chance for item drops? All of these sound like reward enough, all things considered.

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
I like your suggestion Gawerty
And @Rig same here. Even if it was just doubles battles or something of the like.
I was also thinking maybe a step counter or, more a long the lines of an encounter meter to track wild battles or something would be nice