Event [Closed] Join Pinkan Island to celebrate Valentine's Day!

Belemuel

Greetings PWO on behalf of staff we have a Valentine's treat for you.

This year for Valentine’s Day, Officers from Jenny Squad opened Pinkan Island for tourists! However, they soon realized they had to investigate issues happening with their guardian Pokemon. I have a feeling they need your help.

To reach the event, interact with Officer Gul situated in Vermilion and Olivine. Additionally, Pinkan Island may also be accessed through Seven Island.

You have until February 29th to join,
Happy Valentine’s Day~

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Nice! Hope I get to participate some! :D Best of luck everyone!

Nshims

I'm getting lost every time :confused: is it possible to find the event forest map somewhere?

Alexbnr

I have a problem with a love gem... in front of shrine i press space, but nothing... nothing happens...
I solved

Last edited:

ItemHunter

I think you should adjust the % of the Pinkan Armor drop from Slowbro, from 10% ( i think) to 30% - 50% with tier 2. too hard, now :(

shodan21

Youngster
please never do this "find rare item drops from rare pokes" thing ever again. especially not with numbers that make the hunt take numerous days to complete.

Klay

Youngster
not agree with sho, event quests are meant to take several days
especially when the event itself is more than one day long

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Long can be fun this really isn't. Also you need the armors for tutor which I don't see many people bothering with after they complete the quests.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
More important question than the drop rates is why is luvdisc not a lower tier? I mean its called a valentines event and the poke that is a heart is like tier 3.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I think what's overlooked when using this mindset is that some people have a life outside of PWO and simply can't give the time needed for such a quest, especially if only 2 weeks, perhaps if the event was 3-4 weeks it would be more reasonable. Not that I'm complaining, I'm very thankful and appreciative of the events even if I don't have time to participate because it's the thought that counts imo, I'm simply trying to give a logical point of why some may find this frustrating. Anyway, best of luck everyone and most importantly, have fun! :D

whisMEAT

Youngster
since it was 3.rd event in a row ,i think it is reasonable choice to make it super hard or more. even though i hate u_u eyes, i agree with klay xd

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
I have to agree this sort of quest is a bit frustrating. What makes it feel hopeless is that the hardest part is required in order to unlock the most highly-sought-after spawn, so the quest and the hunt can't be done in parallel, and instead after much time investment one has to spend much time again. This is not a complaint but more of a suggestion for the future. I get why you tried to make an event with different levels, for more and less involved players. Anyway let's see how the event will unfold, right now we are just at the beginning!

shodan21

Youngster
I think what's overlooked when using this mindset is that some people have a life outside of PWO and simply can't give the time needed for such a quest, especially if only 2 weeks, perhaps if the event was 3-4 weeks it would be more reasonable. Not that I'm complaining, I'm very thankful and appreciative of the events even if I don't have time to participate because it's the thought that counts imo, I'm simply trying to give a logical point of why some may find this frustrating. Anyway, best of luck everyone and most importantly, have fun! :D

frustrating is the exact word for this. its not something that poses a challenge to be overcome by skill or anything like that, its just "put more time in and hope for the best". you have zero control over how quickly you can complete it - are you going to finish it in 20 hours of game time? 40? 80? who knows? and you cant do a thing about it if the RNG of the game decides "you! shall not! pass!". that kind of grind gets frustrating and boring incredibly fast, and it is disheartening to see every event lately relying on that mechanic. what's even more disheartening in this specific case is that there were numerous complaints about the mechanic in the xmas event (the snorunt part), and for this event, instead of taking that feedback into consideration to either temper it or mix it up with something new, we get it handed to us so much worse - instead of 5 uncommon drops from an easy-ish but uncommon poke, we have to find 10 uncommon drops from an uncommon poke (eggs) and 10 rare drops from a rare poke (bro), all within a shorter event and with terrible common spawns around the rare poke.

frustrating.

Klay

Youngster
@Alexbnr @shodan21 @parquettistapazzo @Ramensnoodle @ItemHunter
giphy.gif