Johto Spawn Testing (give your feedback here!)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Block 5b was released earlier today (Oct 25). This block involved the complete renovation of the Johto Safari Zone.
There was a good amount of confusion and questions, so until we can update the wiki here are the rarities for the new Johto Safari Zone.

*Fishing level required is 20 for most fishing spawns. 30 for Staryu.
*All Pokemon drop EV berry items. It's the same pattern as Kanto Safari; Whatever EV a pokemon yields, they will drop the opposite berry. (Gives HP EV when fainted, drops -HP EV berry.)
*Pokemon that have become newly catchable from this update have been removed from the Token Store.

Johto Safari Entryway:

Land:
Rarity Tier 1: Hoppip, Geodude, Paras
Rarity Tier 2: Parasect, Vulpix
Rarity Tier 3: Pineco
Rarity Tier 4: Pinsir, Sudowoodo

Fish:
1: Horsea, Seel
2: Seadra
3: Staryu, Remoraid

Surf:
1: Magikarp, Tentacool
3: Qwilfish

Johto Safari Seaside:

Land:
Tier 1: Mareep, Hoppip, Yanma
Tier 2: Ponyta
Tier 3: Lickitung
Tier 4: Pineco, Pinsir
Tier 5: Eevee

Fish:
1: Horsea, Seel, Chinchou
2: Seadra, Lanturn
4: Staryu, Remoraid, Mantine

Surf:
1: Magikarp, Tentacool
2: Tentacruel, Gyarados
3: Qwilfish
5: Lapras

Johto Safari Research Station:

Land:
1: Snubbul, Spearow, Voltorb.
2: Granbull
3: Misdrevus
4: Skarmory, Gligar
5: Porygon (50% chance to hold Upgrade item)

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]Explain Rarity Tier plz
Also im loving the pokemon list in Safari zone ^-^
[/glow]

Rigaudon

Youngster
Explain Rarity Tier plz

We've been redoing the spawns and the spawn system as we go down the list. The rarities were originally Common, Rare, Very Rare, and Horribly Rare (4 tiers).
We are going with an entirely new system, currently named "Tier 1 - 5." This is 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively.

1 is common, 5 can be compared to HR. The rest of them are new and not accurately comparable to the old system; it does away with Rare and Very Rare entirely. (for example, NONE of the middle numbers = rare. No 2= rare, no 3 = rare, no 4 = VR. They're their own thing now.)

EDIT:
http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Jo ... wn_Testing

^This and the Kanto Spawn Testing pages should prove most useful.

EDIT 2:
Not really going to push to get this rarity tier explanation out to the masses, only to the people who ask. It'll be officially implemented into /list eventually, so until then I'd otherwise have to repeat myself several times with little actual gain. =P

Rigaudon

Youngster
has that been done on purpose, or is that an additional effect of the Mantine catastrophe?

I-i-it's not like I made them easy for a few minutes because I like you guys or anything. Baka.
(Serious answer: Fixed)

Caliphate

You might want to make Quilfish little easier. Shuckle rarity can stay but Quil is no where close as Shuckle is viability wise.

Rigaudon

Youngster
********* said:
You might want to make Quilfish little easier. Shuckle rarity can stay but Quil is no where close as Shuckle is viability wise.

Howdy. x3

Is there an additional reason that makes you desire an easier Qwilfish? Battle ability is not the only factor when choosing spawn rarity, otherwise we'd plan ahead and make Gastly a 4/5 or 5/5 difficulty level, for example. =]

EDIT:
We do consider desirability as well, but we also like for some diversity in spawn ranges to make the world feel less flatly shaped to the whims of the humans, so to speak. =P

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
BLOCK SIX is now live ingame! This was added over the last day or two and mostly over-shadowed by the Playerdex update.

Maps updated were those maps leading to the Ice gym in Mahogany Town and also the maps accessible up until that place with the surfboard. Maps are:

Route 42
Mt Mortar- all inside maps including those accessible only with the surfboard.
Route 43
Lake of Rage
Ruins of Alph - grassed area (water spawns were updated previously)
Union Cave B2F
Whirl Islands - all inside maps.

Of note:
*Unown is now catchable in Ruins of Alph grassed area - only the letter 'A' and only at night. It is still a rather elusive creature!
*Ruins of Alph grassed area is the best place to hunt Vulpix.
"There is a new item drop in this block which will not be revealed until found.

humanplus

Might as well tell us what "new" droppable item is there. We don't know which pokemon drops it. xD I don't want to faint a smeargle, vulpix, and unown upon encounter unless i know which item those pokemon drop.

Rigaudon

Youngster
humanplus said:
Might as well tell us what "new" droppable item is there. We don't know which pokemon drops it. xD I don't want to faint a smeargle, vulpix, and unown upon encounter unless i know which item those pokemon drop.
We're not that evil.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
humanplus said:

It is a pokemon you wouldn't usually farm or catch because it is at all rare, so don't go fainting smeargle or unown please. :)

humanplus

Outside Mt. Mortar Spawn is awesome (thanks Rig). A better place to Farm Speed EV at the same time Level your pokemon up to 50 up, making it ready for Cerulean Cave. Also a chance to catch Marill. I went to Ruin of Alphs earlier for 40 minutes and I found 2 Vulpix, 3 Abra, and 1 Kadabra. I fainted them all hoping for the new item as per Fonty. xD Will be staying in Ruins of Alphs for quiet sometime to hunt Smeargle and Unown.

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
i love that johto spawns gave us new pokemons to find, so i'm enjoying them much more than kanto

as an added bonus, i can train ATK and SPD while hunting for politoed/king's rock, which is awesome!

Boora

Youngster
fonty seriously, bearly 100 remins, could you do them the favor of at least letting people know the rarity of every poke, as of now you have to play the guessing game with you new 1 to 5 system, i get that you guys removed the old system to implement a new one in the future, i just dont understand why it was needed to be removed,
i honestly dont see one bad thing with the old rare to hr system, until you can complete at least the new one, especially with the johto mapping, people dont know what spawns where and at what rarity anymore, as a VERY old player, i log on once in a while and i literally have no clue whats where , and bare in mind i'm not a new player,
so just consider how it effect the new players.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Howdy. I know it's inconvenient, but if we added the rarities back to the labels they would be wildly inaccurate. So inaccurate, in fact, that I would consider it immoral to reinstate them until the label system can be amended.

Check out these wiki pages for rarities for the time being, please:
http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Ka ... wn_Testing

Wiki links are now clickable ingame if you link them, so if you see somebody who is confused or being misinformed, the info should be a copy/paste away. Hooray! (Although we still need to add Block 6's rates. *adds to to-do list*)

I think it's safe to say we'd all rather see the system completed and ingame, but it's going to require a surprising amount of work. This should help in the meantime. :]

Boora

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
Howdy. I know it's inconvenient, but if we added the rarities back to the labels they would be wildly inaccurate. So inaccurate, in fact, that I would consider it immoral to reinstate them until the label system can be amended.

Check out these wiki pages for rarities for the time being, please:
http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Ka ... wn_Testing

Wiki links are now clickable ingame if you link them, so if you see somebody who is confused or being misinformed, the info should be a copy/paste away. Hooray! (Although we still need to add Block 6's rates. *adds to to-do list*)

I think it's safe to say we'd all rather see the system completed and ingame, but it's going to require a surprising amount of work. This should help in the meantime. :]

i see, so what would be the problem replacing the unkown with 1 to 5., thats pretty much solves everything (in-game that is,) and to add a line which would say something along the lines "1 is easiest and 5 is the hardest" for the newbies.