Johto Spawn Testing (give your feedback here!)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
JANUARY 28, 2015 UPDATE:

Block 7 is now live ingame! Maps updated are:

Route 44
Ice Path 1F, Ice Path B1F, Ice Path B2F
Blackthorn City
Route 45
Dark Cave East

Levels have been raised, spawns changed around slightly in line with the Spawn Project goals.
Glacial Path has been removed completely, though this was done some weeks ago in preparation for this block.

Next up is Dragon's Den and after that Silver Town and Mt. Silver. The end is in sight!

As always please give feedback on any of the changes we've made, and also to the Rarity Tiers which were recently added ingame. This wiki page is currently being worked on explaining those tiers for those interested:

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Rarities

Previous updates:
NOVEMBER 16 UPDATE:

BLOCK SIX is now live ingame! This was added over the last day or two and mostly over-shadowed by the Playerdex update.

Maps updated were those maps leading to the Ice gym in Mahogany Town and also the maps accessible up until that place with the surfboard. Maps are:

Route 42
Mt Mortar- all inside maps including those accessible only with the surfboard.
Route 43
Lake of Rage
Ruins of Alph - grassed area (water spawns were updated previously)
Union Cave B2F
Whirl Islands - all inside maps.

Of note:
*Unown is now catchable in Ruins of Alph grassed area - only the letter 'A' and only at night. It is still a rather elusive creature!
*Ruins of Alph grassed area is the best place to hunt Vulpix.
"There is a new item drop in this block which will not be revealed until found.

BLOCK 5b

Johto Safari Zone re-mapped with new spawns.

Of note: Porygon is now catchable!

OCTOBER 11 UPDATE- Block 5a

Routes 38,39, 40, 41. Olivine City and Cianwood City.

Notably in this spawn update is that Shuckle is now catchable in Cianwood City! You have to fish to find this strange pokemon, but it's not actually a water pokemon. While you are fishing there is a chance you will find shuckle amongst the rocks and it will get caught in your line- lucky fishing everyone! You'll need level 40 fishing to reel it in so make sure you come prepared.

Magnemite are now dropping metal coats in routes 38 and 39, at the same rate as they fall in the Power Plant.

14th AUGUST UPDATE:
Block 4 is now ingame. Maps updated:

Route 37, Ecruteak City, Burnt Tower, Ancient Tunnel and Bell Tower.

Notes: The pond in Ecruteak City has finally been filled with pokemon.
Bell Tower should now be useful for both hunting and training. A healer shall be added soon to assist with your training.
Both Bell Tower and Burnt Tower have stronger pokemon on the top floors.
Ancient Tunnel, which has been without spawns for some while now, is now fixed!

12th JULY UPDATE:
Block Two of the Johto Spawn test is now live!

Maps are: Union Cave 1F, Union Cave B1F, Route 33 and ilex Forest.

7th AUGUST UPDATE:
Block 3 is live ingame.

Maps updated: Route 34, Route 35, Route 36 and National Park.

That's right, the Johto re-spawn project is on it's way!

First up are the routes up to Violet City: Route 29 Route 46 Route 30 Route 31 Dark Cave West Hidden Crag Violet City (yes, the pond is now alive!) Sprout Tower Route 32 and Ruins of Alph fishing spots (still no unown sadly working on that).

If you have feedback on any of the changes let us know by replying here. :)

You will also find updated (up to the previous block) information on the Johto Spawn Testing project here:

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Jo ... wn_Testing

justme1306

Youngster
Re: Johto Spawn Testing.

why not fixing server before anything else??? 3rd straight days server crashed and have to wait hours.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

justme1988 said:
why not fixing server before anything else??? 3rd straight days server crashed and have to wait hours.

This is hardly on topic. They are completely different areas of the game.

Rigaudon

Youngster

HitmonFonty said:
justme1988 said:

This is hardly on topic. They are completely different areas of the game.

To clarify, different staff do different things. Expecting otherwise would be like asking the dentist why he hasn't performed heart surgery yet. In a nutshell, some of us can't tinker with the server but we can do spawns, events, quests, etc...so we do, because that too can improve the game, albeit in different methods that are necessary in their own ways. Still takes effort, still does some good, it's just not the server. xP

justme1306

Youngster

still anything to do for this??? people who buying ms pay to play and crashing 2-3 times days . no more auto restart?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

justme1988 said:
still anything to do for this??? people who buying ms pay to play and crashing 2-3 times days . no more auto restart?

DEVs are checking always checking the reasons for crashes and will come up with the fix for these latest ones as soon as they can.

If you want to discuss this further make a new post please, this post is for feedback on the Johto Spawn Project.

Cleveland

Youngster

Can someone explain what is going on here. What does any of this mean, lol

JRoman

What is the respawn project? I'll be happy to give feedback when logging in is made possible. :)

Kyuurei

Sounds interesting hope shiny easy to find there ;) but now I want to play .. i cant live without it

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

The re-spawn project started in Kanto but will eventually cover the whole game. Before the spawn levels were too low and there were many pokemon in places that didn't make sense for those pokemon- and many pokemon were also missing from both Kanto and Johto. The Re-spawn project has aimed to fix all these issues.

What this means is that Johto will be getting higher level spawns to help with training for gyms and several new spawns will be added along the way. We release the spawn changes for public testing in blocks- roughly gym by gym.

We rely on you guys to do the testing to make sure we don't make any mistakes with rarity- making certain pokemon too easy or too hard to find. Also in general any comments on how the spawns helped or didn't help you at that stage of your game.

Kyuurei

I remember playing Diamond and pearl . It has a Swarm POkes . I want to experience it in PWO .

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Block Two of the Johto Spawn test is now live!

Maps are: Union Cave 1F, Union Cave B1F, Route 33 and ilex Forest.

King's Rock is now ingame, Politoed is holding it in ilex forest and will also drop it if fainted.

The PWO wiki Johto Spawn Testing page is also now up:

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Jo ... wn_Testing

Any comments on any of the new spawns let us know!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Block 3 is now live. Maps updated:

Route 34, Route 35, Route 36 and National Park.

As always let us know if you have any feedback, if there's something wrong we will fix it faster if we know about it sooner (of course).

This is more an update of levels than anything else. Heracross is now easier to find in National Park, but this just aligns with changes made earlier in Johto.

Also of note, gastly will replace bellsprout at night on route 36, though it won't be quite as easy to find.

Jhanex

on the national park i see there can fishing krabby
i think there is can't fishing because i already looking for water spot but still can't find it
where is spot exactly? :-\

Goku-

I will try this out soon. Feedback will shortly follow :D

Zanteki

Something goes wrong in hidden crag, on wiki it's written butterfree has #3 rarity and it is a day pokemon but i found 5 in 20 mins and it's 00.10 ingame.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Zanteki said:
Something goes wrong in hidden crag, on wiki it's written butterfree has #3 rarity and it is a day pokemon but i found 5 in 20 mins and it's 00.10 ingame.

My mistake on the wiki regarding it being a day only spawn. I don't know why I did that but will edit it shortly. As for the rarity rate I think you just had a very lucky 20 minutes. :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Block 4 is now ingame, check it out and give feedback. Maps updated:

Route 37, Ecruteak City, Burnt Tower, Ancient Tunnel and Bell Tower.

Notes: The pond in Ecruteak City has finally been filled with pokemon.
Bell Tower should now be useful for both hunting and training. A healer shall be added soon to assist with your training.
Both Bell Tower and Burnt Tower have stronger pokemon on the top floors.
Ancient Tunnel, which has been without spawns for some while now, is now fixed!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
OCTOBER 11 UPDATE

Routes 38,39, 40, 41. Olivine City and Cianwood City.

Notably in this spawn update is that Shuckle is now catchable in Cianwood City! You have to fish to find this strange pokemon, but it's not actually a water pokemon. While you are fishing there is a chance you will find shuckle amongst the rocks and it will get caught in your line- lucky fishing everyone! You'll need level 40 fishing to reel it in so make sure you come prepared.

Magnemite are now dropping metal coats in routes 38 and 39, at the same rate as they fall in the Power Plant.

As always hit us with your feedback, good or bad (just keep it civil please) we want to hear what you think- and of course if there are any issues we need to address.

Block 5b will hopefully not be as long a wait as 5a was. Get ready for new Johto Safari spawns in the hopefully not so distant future!

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]Well there is rocks in the sand, rocks in the water also the wall rocks. So what rocks are you talking about? :)

Also i want to know[/glow]
[glow=green]whhhhhhhhhhy in the world was Jumpluff added over in route 39.[/glow][glow=darkred]The pokemon that you could catch was perfect how it was. :'( So sad and mad at the same time.[/glow]