Jinji's Changelog

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Ah... I see what happened now. Levitate will be fixed on the next Server Restart.

Electrofreak

Jinji said:
Ah... I see what happened now. Levitate will be fixed on the next Server Restart.

I would like to plead with you to make hyper cutter a top priority for implementation. The reason for this is there is currently an infinite loop in the battle scene for any gliscor user.

An enemy jolteon uses charm, while gliscor uses swords dance. This cycle keeps going, because if jolteon stops charm, then gliscor can OHKO the jolteon, and if gliscor stops swords dance, then jolteon cripples gliscors attack so that the follow up pokemon can boost on it. Neither person ends up giving up and it goes on and on and on, until someone misclicks/disconnects/ or just gives up.

This is unhealthy for the metagame and almost everyone uses jolteon on their team. Anyone who chooses to use gliscor faces this problem literally 9 out of 10 matches. Please heavily consider implementation to save players the trouble of having to play the grind game with people.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Thanks for the update Sylph.

@Electrofreak: Thanks for making me aware of the problem, battles that don't go anywhere are no fun. While I hadn't planned on looking at Hyper Cutter yet (after all, I thought it was already done until today), it is definitely now on my high priority list.

Unfortunately, December tends to be a month where I find myself out of the house more often than usual. This may reduce my activity slightly over the coming weeks, but I will still try to dedicate as much time as possible here :)

Electrofreak

Jinji said:
Thanks for the update Sylph.

@Electrofreak: Thanks for making me aware of the problem, battles that don't go anywhere are no fun. While I hadn't planned on looking at Hyper Cutter yet (after all, I thought it was already done until today), it is definitely now on my high priority list.

Unfortunately, December tends to be a month where I find myself out of the house more often than usual. This may reduce my activity slightly over the coming weeks, but I will still try to dedicate as much time as possible here :)

I appreciate it and thanks for the reply.

However it could be possible to just temporarily give gliscor metagross's ability for now. Clear body stops all stat reduction, not just attack. This would stop the stall matches at the least until hyper cutter could be implemented. It would ultimately do the same thing currently.

I would think the toxicity of the charm/swords dance loop is much more of an issue than potentially missing out on the special defense drop shadow ball has at 10% vs a gliscor. it takes 4x shadow balls from a jolteon to kill it anyway, so it doesnt really effect much even if it did get the drop.

shuntandromed

Website
blog.espol.edu.ec
I rly know this is not a rule to fight but I got like 2750 wins or more and I always keep myself battling and no one do that...what's that??

Electrofreak abuse of swords dance and keep himself doing this move for 2 or 3 hours...
lengthening the games......

this not only happened with me, vs 2 or 3 guys more he did the same.....sylpharionz is one of these good guys....u can see that on this img....

he always wanna win, and report everbody, It's time someone put him a stop.

If it's not a rule still to fight, plz put an option to abort the match or something like that, because no one can keep doing the same for hours...
ty for read this msg

Sylpharionz

shunt, i think you meant to report Electrofreak not me lol, the way you wrote sounds like you're accusing me :p

btw easy way out of this problem is I switch to lapras and kill gliscor (or he switch gliscor, losing the swords dance anyway), then proceed to win the battle.

Electrofreak

300 rounds.

NvKDff6.png

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I already get your point. Please cease spamming the same complaint over and over, or I shall remove every post beyond the original message.

Sylpharionz

Jinji said:
I already get your point. Please cease spamming the same complaint over and over, or I shall remove every post beyond the original message.

The ss were just for luls haha, since we actually bothered to reach round 300 :)

Anyway, I think the real solution to this problem is not implementing each ability one by one, but rather move PP instead. This would fix every other infinite possibility (not just jolt vs glis), well if that is even possible...

The-Predator

Youngster
Or maybe you all can stop being that dramatic, 2 shadow balls then send any other pokemon with ice shard and done, anyway gliscor is not that fast, you all can hit it with any other pokemon faster than 223 spd? I dont even think someone would be using swords dance+quick attack in gliscor's moveset, unless there is something else I'm missing since i havent played PWO in a while now

Friko

JINJI walk with me here, ive seen you work on PWO for these last couple of years, a multitude of updates were yours
and others doings, especially in the battle system; which has been updated upteenth times so that players would be satisfied. I understand to an extent
how difficult it is to code something that seems trivial or simple to the average player, although I would like to put my 2cents in as a suggestion of further progress.

Firstly:seeing that this game is currently running on an extremely weird mixture of moves/abilities ranging from 3rd gen to 5th gen capabilities
I would say some things have to occur in step to ensure that the battle system is made fluent and easier to tune.

1. So the suggestion is: instead of adding abilities in a randomized (seemingly so) order, use the actual pokedex. For instance, all of Kanto region native pokemon would have abilities first.
Why this would make a difference: The abilities of pokemon in later installments of the games are for the most part all abilities that are variants of those avaliable for first generation pokemon. Making it easier to code such things as white smoke and clear body, or chlorophyll and swiftswim ect., it would also give players a predictable scale so that they can catch and train appropriate pokemon who will soon enough have the abilities they want. (as far as secondary abilities go, these should all be implemented AFTER initial abilities are given to EVERY pokemon)

2. So the suggestion is: In regards to the actual moves of pokemon, Make sure that all currently useable moves work (rather than working on new moves), while doing this, hold moves with status effects or difficult to use moves with highest priority. As these moves will effect pwo in the LARGEST way. And will even promote balance through switching.
Why this would make a difference: Using the same reasoning in the abilities of pokemon, later moves are simply variants, if not then similar to current moves that also need to be re-worked.

3. So the suggestion is:Drop hidden abilities and disregard them till much much later, upon that time release them all.
Why this would make a difference: If hidden abilities run rampant along pokemon that have NO abilities are are limited to only 1, then this completely breaks the meta-game and all possibility of this game being balanced goes down the drain almost immediately. This also gives room for other projects.

4. So the suggestion is: Hold items be implemented
Why this would make a difference: Firstly, let me start by saying that I realize that hold items are not in game due to a difficulty in coding them in. Though, i feel as though, this would also give lee-way to a multitude of players being more useful at battles and an influx of new players.

5. So the suggestion is: Drop items be added. With drop items ranging in on useful. Not merely event drop items, but relative to things that are needed, such as moon stones on cleffairy family, and kings rock (to be finally implemented) being held by poliwhirl and poliwrath.
Why this would make a difference: it would make Hunting for an HR seem more....engaging and would actually make hunting exciting to an extent.

TL;DR
To help coding later:
add in abilities in pokedex order
Make all moves work before adding more
screw hidden abilities till later
Hold items
Item Drops

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Believe it or not, efficiency is at the CORE of my work. I do not implement abilities at random. In many cases, similar Abilities existed prior to me beginning this project myself. Where abilities seem to not correlate with a numerical order or with a recently introduced Pokémon, I have chosen to work on that one because code for a similar ability already existed and was easily re-purposed to support the new ability as well. My view is if you can fix what's there, do that first - THEN work on something new.

As for your third suggestion, that's actually policy already. The abilities ARE being updated so only the first abilities are being used, that was already mentioned earlier. Second and Hidden abilities are NOT currently a priority and won't be until the first ones are implemented across the board.

Held Item support is a matter of discussion between the Staff at this point in time.

Nikola

Youngster
Why are you people addressing the issue of another kind? You have toxic and burn status working properly and this belongs to PP update. What are you showing here is that you are doing the same thing as your opponent does, looping endlessly, except previously broken hyper cutter. All of you were in the situation where you could switch out and proceed with that battle normally. You complain about endless battle just because you don't want to switch out while staff are encouraging you to switch and with every update switching becomes more viable. It's too soon to talk about that as no one did such update where you have PPs involved. Not something what Jinji did, so posting about that here is rather suggestion than addressing real issue.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
This is not a discussion thread. Please take reporting players for unfair behaviour to the community watch, where it belongs. Although in the cases highlighted above I don't see it as unfair, simply tedious and inconvenient and a sign of the system's broken nature.