Jinji's Changelog

Nikola

Youngster
It would be good to amend Output dialogue once Pokemon is frozen and note down that Intimidate was not effective on Pokemon that are immune to it. That would make things to look as if they are less broken. Kinda annoying sometimes.

Sabo

Banned
I believe Jinji or whoever was messing up with the code commented MultiScale ability and put InnerFocues. Why such things arent announced?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Thanks for pointing this out Sabo, it appears an update to the Changelog I did last night did not save.

I have re-updated my Changelog to mention this; and add some other entries for which I wasn't allowed to add before the launch of our Halloween Event, due to spoilers.

Sabo

Banned
So I see what you did there...Dragonite now can be caught with normal and hidden ability?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Right, I'm not keeping posts I believe are not entirely factually accurate; nor am I keeping responses I feel are of an incendiary nature. As I stated in my very first post, this Change Log is meant for my updates and serious discussion of said work ONLY. Take those matters elsewhere.

Back on topic - the answer to your question is no Sabo, at least not at this present time. Currently PWO's server and database structure does not support us giving Pokémon more than one ability. An agreement was made many years ago that the ability given to each Pokémon in PWO would be the first ability known to that Pokémon in official games as of the most recently agreed Generation, currently Generation 5; and as such Dragonite was updated to follow this standard. We are aware a number of other Pokémon are breaking this rule as well and it is my intention to update these over time as I work to implement missing abilities.

Now, it IS fully possible that with server enhancements; added data for each Pokémon in the DB; and perhaps a small amount of client-side support for making the decision on what encountered wild Pokémon will use as their ability (though a server-side solution likely exists here too and it may come down to which is more efficient), we can fully implement Pokémon having a choice of ability in future. This is not at the moment a priority, but will likely become one once the Ability code as a whole is in a much more stable position.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
This would not be the first time I've had that suggested; and I do plan to look into entry hazards in the near future - unless another Admin or DEV beats me to it.

Sanven

is Levitate ability not in the game???
because today an earthquake just killed my misdreavus..!!!!

and can snorunt evolve to froslass??? as dusk stone is available now?? as written on PWO wiki dusk stone needed..!!!! while originally dawn stone is needed for it, but due to some event dawn stones are in game in hands of few players...!!!

so i dont know which stone is needed here, but the question is can snorunt evolve to froslass??

Teesel

Sanven said:
and can snorunt evolve to froslass??? as dusk stone is available now?? as written on PWO wiki dusk stone needed..!!!! while originally dawn stone is needed for it, but due to some event dawn stones are in game in hands of few players...!!!

so i dont know which stone is needed here, but the question is can snorunt evolve to froslass??

Bro, there is NPC selling Dawn Stones at southeast corner of Saffron. And yes, Snorunt can evolve into Froslass.

Sanven

Teesel said:
Sanven said:

Bro, there is NPC selling Dawn Stones at southeast corner of Saffron. And yes, Snorunt can evolve into Froslass.
wow thats nice :) someone needs to update the Wiki then :D but sadly snorunt is UC now while it was catchable few months ago in Ice Cave..!!!!

Jinga

Sanven said:
Teesel said:
Sanven said:

wow thats nice :) someone needs to update the Wiki then :D but sadly snorunt is UC now while it was catchable few months ago in Ice Cave..!!!!

It seems they know that wiki is outdated but staff dont update it

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The duty of updating the Wiki does not, or should not, fall to Staff alone. By becoming a member of the Wiki, members of PWO's Community receive the right to both write and update Wiki content as well; and while there is no obligation to do so, even small occasional updates from each member when free time is available would be a huge help in keeping content up-to-date - plus, as all articles are readable without a Wiki account, there is little need for mere visitors to register to the Wiki; thus it behoves anyone who registers an account and is accepted to contribute at least once in a while.

This is not to say PWO Staff do not attempt to update the PWO Wiki ourselves - we will always attempt to update or remove outdated or inaccurate information when we have time available to do so - but for some of us, it is hard to find the time to work on articles in between our own duties to the game itself.

Saric

Youngster
Jinga said:
Sanven said:
Teesel said:
Sanven said:

It seems they know that wiki is outdated but staff dont update it
As I have noted time and time again, post the things that you find in the designated topic in general PWO and it can be fixed and updated.
It isn't the sole job for wiki editors to comb through and update things. Players need to help out in that respect too.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Two updates over the last 24 hours, one of which I'm told many of you expected would be the first Ability I'd work on - and indeed, I'd also wanted to work on it for some time.

Couldn't keep my fellow Ghosts hanging, keehehe...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
AndyMister said:
Levitate is not working. Tested with Gengar and Rotom ..
Odd... I used these to test as well, along with Charizard (to ensure all Levitate/no Levitate combinations were tested); and they all worked properly. If this is still the case after the next server restart, can you screenshot or video for me both of the Pokémon in battle; the move used, and the proof it failed to be correctly handled?