it's that time of year again, boys and girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saric

Youngster
Welcome back (again?) Mantis. Good to see you're still alive and well.

Wesistopheles

Alive, for the most part. Well? that's an entirely different story, life has been incredibly difficult the past year and some change. I basically only work and sleep. I work in basically a sweat shop that makes donuts damn near every night. It's hot, you burn yourself way more than you probably should due to searing hot oil, its sticky if you do the glazing and filling (which is actually solely my responsibility) and the only person close to my age I work with is old enough to be my father. I know because his son, who's two years older than me works day shift. It's the night time based life I wanted, with absolutely zero free time. And despite me working 6 nights a week (for up to 12 hours a shift) I never actually see a single cent of my money. It literally all goes towards bills and food. This whole "being a responsible adult" sh*t is for the birds. But now that I have my pc rebuilt I'm forcing myself to take time after work every night to use it and spend some "Wes Time" before I legitimately go insane. I havent done anything programming or web design wise in over two years and I've completely forgotten everything. It's awful.

However, enough complaining about my life. I was definitely happy to see that Domani, Stank, you Saric, and others are still floating around. I feel like it's been way too long.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
That sounds miserable and unfulfilling, Wes. I'm pleased your rebuilt PC finally gives you the means for an escape so you can relax a little; and it makes me extremely happy that your place to enjoy yourself is here in PWO :)

Wesistopheles

Oh my Cthulhu miserable doesn't even come close, lol. I detest my job, I honestly do. But it's the only thing in my area that pays more than $8.25/hour. And the boss is an idiot who requires his perverted, bigoted, racist older brother to think for him who isn't that much more intelligent (Who is also my superior every night I work but two). If I could afford it I'd move out of this part of Illinois in a fraction of a heartbeat, but that requires a lot of money and planning, lol. In any case, yes, PWO is hopefully to serve as a pseudo-reality for a bit to escape from my life. I'm also hoping to get back into the coding scene again, but I'm almost intimidated to try again because of how long I've been out of the game. What'd I miss, guys?

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
We all say this, we all fail to stick around and end up posting like once every 6 months (I swear this isn't just me, not at all)

[size=medium][size=large][size=medium]Welcome back! :)[/size][/size][/size]

Wesistopheles

Chocobo7 said:
We all say this, we all fail to stick around and end up posting like once every 6 months (I swear this isn't just me, not at all)

[size=medium][size=large][size=medium]Welcome back! :)[/size][/size][/size]

Choco
khug.gif

GawertyXL

It's that guy! Welcome back Wes. I can totally relate with your job situation, seeing as I work as a server in a restaurant and every cent I make goes towards rent, internet, and surprisingly, a lot of cooking oil. (Yay for knowing how to actually cook.) - I can hardly believe it's nearly been 6 years since I first joined PWO, and first talked to you.

(no but seriously, I sincerely doubt you remember me.)

Wesistopheles

OldGawerty said:
It's that guy! Welcome back Wes. I can totally relate with your job situation, seeing as I work as a server in a restaurant and every cent I make goes towards rent, internet, and surprisingly, a lot of cooking oil. (Yay for knowing how to actually cook.) - I can hardly believe it's nearly been 6 years since I first joined PWO, and first talked to you.

(no but seriously, I sincerely doubt you remember me.)

lol i actually do remember you Gawerty. and my money is the same, just not cooking oil. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.