It has been a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi all. Reporting back that I'm still alive and kicking. It's been ages since I have stopped by and visited. Are there anyone here that actually still remembers me? :)

joysclash

hi whats up ..i dont know you but nice to meet you and stay along our side and have fun :) Merry Xmas :)

Pez~

Of course we still remember you :p How could we forget that name. Good to hear you are still around and well!

LunaticJames

Content maker
... omai. Zammbi.
Yes, ofc I remember you. I have heard so much about you from other players and staff.
Great to see you drop by on this quaint, somehow still running project. :p

I joined PWO just as you're leaving, and made it into staff long after you had left, so we never got to work beside one another. Which might be a sad thing, I don't know. Never got to form an opinion of you properly ;-;

Hope you feel nostalgic while dropping in, and meet some other players or staff/ex staff that remember you more properly.

Thor

For those who dont know Zammbi was one of the original developers of this project :)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I was not around when you joined the team of staff but I'm sure your presence and contributions were really important to the game and also for many players because until today I hear players talking well of you and how much they feel about your absence.

It's a huge pleasure to meet you~ :D

G

For those who dont know Zammbi was one of the original developers of this project :)
Indeed.
You could say I'm one of the original owners. Kyro created this game and I helped him. He stopped working on the game, I continued. I worked on a client version(written in Java) that never actually was released(blame Shane for that, his awesome programming skills brought the VB client back).
I believe I decided that no one person actually owned the game and then took a project manager's role.
I didn't have much to do with the game after Nintendo tried to get the game shut down. I didn't want them to come after me and I had Uni to do. But It seems I left great guys in charged, the game is still running :)

I miss all the guys that I used to work with, though I have forgotten a lot of people. But I do remember the long hours on msn(group chats), a number days a week with random topics.

I'm now working on http://www.CricHQ.com. One of the lead developers on that. Not as exciting programming games, but still cool.

pieoffury

Zammbi!!! Welcome back bro :eek: I don't know if you remember me, but I was a player back then too. Old account was weirdo3, hope it rings a bell ;D

king1234

Youngster
Yeah!!!!!! Zammbi the great has return, ofc I remember you, 2 days ago I actually told Luminance I missed zammbi and wondered how's he's doing. Guess my Christmas wish came through lol. :)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
When Zammbi left PWO, I supported him in a number of other projects he tried to start using Java; in particular my web blog Technically Motivated - where I discuss the latest Tech News, review software, share information about freebies, give tips etc. - was a strong supporter of his Rename and Sort tool, for which I still have a version on my SD Card. It was always a disappointment to me all these projects were met with abandonment; and we stopped speaking to each other long after, but even to this day I never removed all the bookmarks to each site and I kept Zammbi's contact details on my MSN. I never truly believed I'd see you again, but it's great to see you back around these parts Zammbi; and awesome to know you've been doing well for yourself since.

(P.S. Pretty sure I DID ask you for the Java Client's source code once...)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Hello, Zammbi. When I was under your management I was a MOD (a rank that no longer exists), and you left soon after, so it wouldn't surprise me if you don't remember me. But it's nice to see old faces checking in on how things are going.

Stank

Youngster
Woah talk about a blast from the past, good to see you are still alive Zammbi. Doubt you remember who I am, but i was a MOD/Guide/CG what ever you want to call it back then, under the name of massivem69/BigStank, but Like i said doubt you would remember me because i was promoted right around the time you left. I was staff for almost 3 years only retired as a GM few months ago. Anyway glad to see you are alive and kicking!

G

Ah yes, some familiar names, even after all these years :)

was a strong supporter of his Rename and Sort tool, for which I still have a version on my SD Card
I actually still use the application a lot. I should get the website back up and running. It still is a very helpful app.

but it's great to see you back around these parts Zammbi; and awesome to know you've been doing well for yourself since.
Good to know you stuck helping the game.

(P.S. Pretty sure I DID ask you for the Java Client's source code once...)
Not sure. But I still have it, if you want it.

It was always a disappointment to me all these projects were met with abandonment
I still have one spare project which I have stuck with, which is a Facebook page on the science of fluoridation: https://www.facebook.com/fluoridewater

One day I still want to build my own programming project again. Maybe a game. But as you get older such things are riskier.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Welcome back Zammbi; it's good to see you pay a visit here again. :)

You wouldn't be familiar with me, nor would I have any first-hand recollection of you—I believe I've joined long after you were still active in this community—but I have been made informed on your past ownership tenure, as well as your predecessors', a while ago, and I was hoping that you would return at some point for a progress-check visit.

I hope you're pleased to see how this project has been kept afloat.

White.Wolf

Oh welcome back.
I'm not sure if you familiar with me or not, lol
but I've been around when you still active managing the game ::) (I am a Mapper and always be a Mapper, lol)

Well, glad to know that you're fine,
good luck with your current project, and have a visit again sometimes ;D

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Amazing, Zammbi... one of the creators is..... Back ? Or you just came around to take a look ?

I'm mati, I used to be Mod and then Gml in your time as owner of pwo, I still remember these old conversations on msn with the rest of the old staff members (crenel, arenya, King, Elliot, etc) 50% of our conversations between staff members were jokes or personal things and the other 50% work ... (longing). Anyway, is good to see you around!!! ;)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Unfortunately, shortly after this thread was created Zammbi's PWO account was deleted, perhaps due to the inactivity checks. He has recently gotten back in touch with me via IM however and asked me to post this explanation and apologise on his behalf for his sudden inability to reply; as well as to request I keep the topic open for now.

Fionavara

good to see you zamm, long time no see.
yea we still kicking and trying to keep the game alive, and some of us old players just can't seem to leave....u guys totally made teh game way to addictive :p

Status
Not open for further replies.