Is your character stuck?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Ah... I see the problem. Your character isn't stuck at all; in fact, your connection to the game is being dropped before you can fully log in. You're actually not connected to the game at the point in which you posted the screenshot, and in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually not even getting logged in at all.

Here are some things to check:
  • Do you have a firewall or anti-malware product installed on your computer? Check if it is blocking PWO and consider adding an exception. Some internet routers may also have a built-in firewall - refer to your router's manual to see if yours has one and how to check and configure it.
  • Check if you can connect to the PWO website via Internet Explorer. If not, try resetting your Internet Options to default.
  • Sometimes, language settings on your computer may confuse PWO and cause it to send incorrect information to the server during logins. While this usually results in the login screen simply freezing, sometimes it might cause the game to load garbage data. Try the steps here: https://pwo-wiki.info/index.php/Stuck_at_Authenticating to see if they help.
If you've tried all the above and nothing seems to help - unfortunately, we may not be able to offer any support right now. Problematic logins leading to a blank screen are a problem a handful of players have been reporting recently; and we're still unsure as to the exact cause of this issue, though we are investigating a number of possibilities.

Japzlly

hello im an old player and my account was hacked and recently i got my account but suddenly it was stuck at saltspray bay. anyone can help me?

Cleveland

Youngster
hello im an old player and my account was hacked and recently i got my account but suddenly it was stuck at saltspray bay. anyone can help me?
A staff member should be able to teleport you off the old event map and back into Kanto or Johto.

Are you in the PWO discord? You may want to post about your issue there as well.

Also, welcome back to the game!

Shady07

If you are stuck ingame- meaning your character cannot move in any direction- please read the fixes in this post before replying to ask for help.

***** The first thing to try is to type this command ingame:

/ref

This refreshes your connection to the PWO server.

***** If /ref doesn't work, try logging out of the game and closing the client. Then open the game again and log back in. If you are stuck behind an NPC for example, the NPC may return to its original position leaving you free to move again.

***** If you are stuck behind an NPC or on a rock cliff near an NPC, you may be able to talk to that NPC and be helped in returning to the proper path.

*** You can use an escape rope to return you to your last Pokemon Center. Escape Ropes are given to you by an NPC in the first Pokemon Center you visit, along with a tutorial on their use. They can also be bought in Celadon and Goldenrod City Department Stores.

*** If the fixes above do not work, the next step is to tell a staff member in the help channel in-game that you're stuck out of the map and to ask them to move you. It will help to add how you are stuck, such as:

"Are there any staff online who can move my character, I'm stuck in a rock!"

*** If there is no-one in-game that can move you, chances are there might be someone in the IRC who can get on to help, so ask there too. To enter IRC simply click the 'Chat' link on the PWO home page and follow the login procedure on that page. Again you should ask for help and give details of the help you need- in this case how you are stuck- and wait as long as you can to get an answer from someone in the chatroom.

*** You can also lose a PvP fight and be transported back to your last Pokémon Center (this only works if your stuck on a map that allows PvP battles). This is the exact same effect as using an Escape Rope, however this way you will accrue a loss on your PvP record as a result.

******** Spamming "HALP! I'm STUCK" in-game or here will not be of any use to anyone - be more specific, say how you're stuck (e.g. outside of a Pokémon Center or behind an NPC) - it's much easier to help people this way and not all bugs can be fixed like these.

*** Sometimes players typing this command into the chat window can free your character up to move again:

/joyoff

'joy' is not short for Nurse Joy, rather for 'joystick', and if this command works it may indicate you have a peripheral device connected to your computer which is conflicting with PWO.

*** Another common way of being stuck is getting a green or black screen, this is something that cannot be fixed by a staff member, however there are some commonly successful ways to fix this problem- read this forum post here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=26973

*** Also know that making a topic on the forums or PMing a staff member on the forums for this is unlikely to get you helped very quickly, There is no guarantee you will be online still when a staff member reads it and YOU MUST BE ONLINE for a staff member to move you.

*** If you are stuck and you can't do any of the above mentioned things, post here rather than create a new topic for it, it floods the forums and gets annoying.

Further assistance may also be available in our Discord chat where players and staff will always help when available:

https://www.pokemon-world-online.com/chat.php
I am stuck at east of cerulean city on route 9. If I use escape rope I go back to the pole center in the route 9. I am unable enter rock tunnel as well as cerulean city and stuck in between . Please help

Vod~

Project Manager
I am stuck at east of cerulean city on route 9. If I use escape rope I go back to the pole center in the route 9. I am unable enter rock tunnel as well as cerulean city and stuck in between . Please help
All fixed. Happy gaming ^^

nane

I am stuck at Goldenrod bike shop. It says attempting to reload the map but i can't exit the shop or move.

thunderclap

Youngster
@nane Black Screen / Map Loading Issues: I have some general recommendations, since it's a long-standing occasional issue affecting a small minority, but it seems to have gotten worse recently. In no particular order:

1. Try typing "/ref" in the in-game chat.
2. Try a different internet connection, such as a different Wifi hotspot, or tether from your phone, if available, to test. Or try a VPN (there are free ones like ProtonVPN).
3. Your keyboard language should be set to United States. PWO does not support Unicode.
4. Try reinstalling PWO. I've had corrupt installations making certain maps glitched / displaying incorrectly and/or unusable.
5. Try temporarily disabling any firewalls / antivirus on your computer, or make exceptions for PWO. Not sure what port(s) PWO uses..
6. Make sure the time and date is set correctly on your computer.
7. Try using a different computer.
Once the cause is known, it's easier to try to correct it.
8. Try using an Escape Rope, losing a PvP battle, or asking a staff member (in PWO Discord) to teleport you.

The most recent successful fix I know of was #6 setting correct time and date.