Is this game going to END ?

MongoBongo

Hi, i just got an pc again after 2 years , and i remember the days when the game was full, people batteling over a spot inside the game , and the feeling and the events in the game were awesome and felt so alive. WHAT HAPPEND , why is it so dead now ? Is it because there are no good events coming ? why did people move on.

I loved the feeling of the game , but now when i play the game it feels like im wasting my time to a dead game.
Is it because theres not enough staff working on things cause its a private company ?
Will this game get shut down soon ?
I have tons of pokes that i want to sell but i dont know the value and there are barerly people who would buy something, so why bother playing. No events no nothing.Did evryone give up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trainer5

Youngster
It's not dead, it's just in a bad phase that will be over soon. Sevii is being worked on by staff and there is not enough staff to get things moving quickly. People left for many reasons: 1. They played this game a lot and got burnt out 2. They left cause close friends in this game left and for other reasons. I'm sure people giving up and telling themselves "This game is going nowhere" is a rare reason for why people left.

MongoBongo

I mean i play league of legends too and alot other games. But sometimes its very addictive to try get a rare poke.
But once i see how no players there and nobody knows prices its depressing.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
WHAT HAPPEND , why is it so dead now ?
Its not dead, we're just in a different spot to where we were 2 years ago. Times have changed and things around us have changed. The likes of Pokemon Go has possibly had an impact too.
Is it because there are no good events coming ? why did people move on.
We've never really shouted out about events in the past so I don't think this is necessarily the issue.
Is it because theres not enough staff working on things cause its a private company ?
Staffing is a possible factor. The problem is we could have lots of staff but it wouldn't mean much if they're not actually active and contributing something. We've been in a better place over the past few months where some staff members have been taking on additional tasks and with a certain staff member returning to activity recently - they'll be something small but nice happening soon...
Will this game get shut down soon ?
As long as donations continue to come up and cover server costs - the game will remain up unless it reaches a point where our hearts are no longer in it. At the moment we're working on *shhhhhhh*, *shhhhhhh* and a Playerdex update so we've got some things to come.

thunderclap

Youngster
Also Mongo, we just had 2 huge events, and 2 incredible player-hosted events, with another player hosted event starting soon. We had lots of players on for those (~40-70 players), but now coming off a long period of constant events people are needing a bit of a rest. Those numbers don't compare to 2013, but it's enough to sustain a good tight community and the economy is getting healthier/fresher. I've been a vocal complainer in the past about various things. But for the first time in a long while we're gaining momentum and things are looking up... you should stick around and help PWO reclaim its former glory!

Towel

Youngster
We might have a small community at the moment, but we have the best people of all. :)
If you are looking for things to look forward to while official events and new content is released, feel free to take a look at the ''Unofficial Events'' section of forums, I am hosting back to back events with amazing prizes.