I'm can't play, stuck in black :(

SilverCis

Hello, guys. I have an old account and now can't played. How to fix this? 1608399130931.png

Last edited:

Klay

Youngster
Can you try /loc ? It'll tell you the name of the map you're in

SilverCis

Can you try /loc ? It'll tell you the name of the map you're in
The chat does not work, it seems to me that I am out of time and space. I suppose that these are some kind of problems with the connection to the server, but I no longer know how they can be caused.
1608401138942.png

Klay

Youngster
Just to be sure, did you try with your firewall disabled? And/or with an alt account (a recent one if possible)?
also, if you could come on Discord, maybe someone else has some ideas there

SilverCis

Just to be sure, did you try with your firewall disabled? And/or with an alt account (a recent one if possible)?
also, if you could come on Discord, maybe someone else has some ideas there
Tried turning off the antivirus, tried turning off the firewall, tried adding PWO to firewall exceptions. All is in vain. Alt account behaves the same way. :(
I will try Discord if there is no way out.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The fact everything is blank, you have no chat tabs apart from global, and there is not even a system message on the chat suggests you aren't even getting a connection to the server. That suggests the problem is likely on your end, but that unfortunately means it's difficult for us to diagnose the problem ourselves. That you say you have checked your firewall and antivirus software (just checking, it's not Norton or Malwarebytes Pro is it?) and still have issues is especially troubling.

This is a long shot as it shouldn't really cause connectivity issues either way, but have you tried running as an Administrator?

SilverCis

The fact everything is blank, you have no chat tabs apart from global, and there is not even a system message on the chat suggests you aren't even getting a connection to the server. That suggests the problem is likely on your end, but that unfortunately means it's difficult for us to diagnose the problem ourselves. That you say you have checked your firewall and antivirus software (just checking, it's not Norton or Malwarebytes Pro is it?) and still have issues is especially troubling.

This is a long shot as it shouldn't really cause connectivity issues either way, but have you tried running as an Administrator?
I run the application as the administrator. I have disabled the firewall. Kaspersky Antivirus and I also tried to turn it off. I went to "Internet Properties" ... Nothing helps. I tried everything that is described in that topic in the first post, as well as what Froxt post. Nothing. Is there some way to find out what the problem is on my side?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I noticed on Discord you were using a Russian-looking username. PWO is sometimes glitchy if your system is set to a non-English locale. Could you try the steps here, and see if they help?

thunderclap

Youngster
You could try connecting to PWO through a free VPN service. Maybe your IP range / region is blocked for some reason.

SilverCis

You could try connecting to PWO through a free VPN service. Maybe your IP range / region is blocked for some reason.
I tried using ProtonVPN and connecting via Finland. The result is the same, it didn't help.
I have guesses, like the problem is in the game installer or something. Perhaps there is an installer of a more recent version than on the site?

SilverCis

Perhaps the lack of information on this screen will help you understand what the problem is.
1608561684767.png

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Not really - it's just more confirmation your game isn't connecting to our server, since all the text on that screen is populated from initial data sent via our server (with the exception of the top-right box).

Your theory about the installer is possible - there have been known instances of installers downloaded from certain mirrors getting "corrupted" for certain users, something which we're still trying to figure out. Could you try reinstalling PWO, but choose a different mirror to the one you used first time around?

SilverCis

Not really - it's just more confirmation your game isn't connecting to our server, since all the text on that screen is populated from initial data sent via our server (with the exception of the top-right box).

Your theory about the installer is possible - there have been known instances of installers downloaded from certain mirrors getting "corrupted" for certain users, something which we're still trying to figure out. Could you try reinstalling PWO, but choose a different mirror to the one you used first time around?
Alas, I have already tried reinstalling from all mirrors on the site ... :(