If you were a Gym Leader....

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Just a little something that may be fun to talk about, if you were a Gym leader, what kind would you be? What would be your Gym theme (if any) what 6 (non legendary) pokemon would you use, and what would your badge look like? I would be interested to see some of these ideas :D

Klay

Youngster
At first, I thought about joining Gym-Leader and his minions in his project, with a peasant-themed Gym Leader team settled in New Bark Town:
Tauros
Grumpig
Golduck
Flaaffy
Blaziken
Miltank
Ear of Wheat-looking G2-style badge

But finding a decent Spoink/Grumpig for a decent price being impossible nowadays (yeah, there was a Grumpig in mart, but it was not usable at all and way too much overpriced for what it is (6m)), I gave up.

whisMEAT

Youngster
Theme would be "weird crazy cat lord". Badge will be a simple square of red  with a gold-yellow point in middle. Pokemons are:
Persian tricskter
Skarmory annoyer
Heracross sweeper
Arbok flinch,paralyzer
Venomoth buffer
Gengar sweeper

Dannog

Jobey said:
Just a little something that may be fun to talk about, if you were a Gym leader, what kind would you be? What would be your Gym theme (if any) what 6 (non legendary) pokemon would you use, and what would your badge look like? I would be interested to see some of these ideas :D

download.png

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
[Glow=#9932CC]I was going to post here but... is it even legal for a Pokémon to be a Gym Leader? o_O [/Glow]

Klay

Youngster
Jinji said:
[Glow=#9932CC]I was going to post here but... is it even legal for a Pokémon to be a Gym Leader? o_O [/Glow]

Let's imagine you're taking possession of a human body. What haunting Gym Leader would you be?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Klay said:
Jinji said:

Let's imagine you're taking possession of a human body. What haunting Gym Leader would you be?

[Glow=#9932CC]In that case, I'd probably just possess Koga or Janine... I love Poison Pokémon and ninjas ;) Plus I love the idea of the maze with invisible walls.

TBH, whatever my theme and team, I would definitely make my Gym a confusing maze of tricks. Maybe I'd even release a Muk onto the Gym floor as a moving trap to chase down new challengers or cause roadblocks :p
[/Glow]

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Klay said:
At first, I thought about joining Gym-Leader and his minions in his project, with a peasant-themed Gym Leader team settled in New Bark Town:
Tauros
Grumpig
Golduck
Flaaffy
Blaziken
Miltank
Ear of Wheat-looking G2-style badge

But finding a decent Spoink/Grumpig for a decent price being impossible nowadays (yeah, there was a Grumpig in mart, but it was not usable at all and way too much overpriced for what it is (6m)), I gave up.
 Oh I really find this team interesting, very creative :D

Jinji said:
Klay said:
Jinji said:

[Glow=#9932CC]In that case, I'd probably just possess Koga or Janine... I love Poison Pokémon and ninjas ;) Plus I love the idea of the maze with invisible walls.

TBH, whatever my theme and team, I would definitely make my Gym a confusing maze of tricks. Maybe I'd even release a Muk onto the Gym floor as a moving trap to chase down new challengers or cause roadblocks :p
[/Glow]
Would not expect any different from you XD

pokewhisperrer said:
Theme would be "weird crazy cat lord". Badge will be a simple square of red  with a gold-yellow point in middle. Pokemons are:
Persian tricskter
Skarmory annoyer
Heracross sweeper
Arbok flinch,paralyzer
Venomoth buffer
Gengar sweeper
I actually thought of doing a cat team before and a dog team also

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Mine would be Draconic Pokemon. Basicly dragon pokemon and dragon like Pokemon (dinos, lizards, etc.) My badge would be a flaming dragon skull (almost like a mega charizard X skull). My pokemon would.be 1. Charizard (who would have guessed? :eek: ) 2. Sceptile, 3. Feraligatr, 4. Tyranitar, 5. Salamence 6. Heliolisk.

whisMEAT

Youngster
moxie leader can be cool. Previous npc of gym will have all kind of pokes with rage,anger point,trash,outrage and so. Theme of the gym would be all about Blitzkrieg and/or angry thugs using explode with electrodes. Propably death or trash metal musics playing background. Badge would be,hımmm couldn thinhk of one. pokes would be
Gyarados
Pinsir
Heracloss
Mightenya,Hunchkrow,Salamance or(since they are very rare)
Electrode, Tauros,Primape

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The hardest gyms to face are obviously not just one type as we can sweep most of those with the right pokemon. Still, in keeping with a gym leader theme I'd have to choose fighting types. Something like:

Hariyama
Hitmonlee
Heracross
Blaziken
Sawk
Machamp

And yeah I snuck in a non-pwo pokemon though it wasn't specified whether it needed to be PWO pokes or not. If I had to choose a PWO gym team I'd swap out sawk and put in medicham.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
if i was a gym leader i would chose psychic/dark/dragon/water team like
lugia
absol
dragonite / haxorus
umbreon
gallade
Blastoise

PokefanJacob97

Jobey said:
Just a little something that may be fun to talk about, if you were a Gym leader, what kind would you be? What would be your Gym theme (if any) definantly a water type gym leader bc of y love of the rivers oceans and all things water haha but to choose just 6 would be so hard haha it'd have to be piplup/ empoleon with a badss metal claw like my first starter. Corsola to Rock that shiznick, definantly piriama bc I love fairy types to and who desnt want a mermaid pokemon with an all powerfull voice, kingra to rep it, Poliwrath to pack a punch and finally starme to illuminate the darkest caves and psycicly move thing with its mind and camouflage / recover

Empoleon
Corsola
Piriama
Kingdra
Poliwrath
Starme

I would name it the river badge and it would look like two winding flowing streams to represent not only the river I loved so much as a child but the rainbow serpant who created all rivers here. it would have a rainbow shine over it for that, and dots up the middle to show the times of the year when the river is dry and it would have a line down the middle to represent the diffrance between rapid and gentle flowing water.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
PokefanJacob97 said:
Jobey said:
Just a little something that may be fun to talk about, if you were a Gym leader, what kind would you be? What would be your Gym theme (if any) definantly a water type gym leader bc of y love of the rivers oceans and all things water haha but to choose just 6 would be so hard haha it'd have to be piplup/ empoleon with a badss metal claw like my first starter. Corsola to Rock that shiznick, definantly piriama bc I love fairy types to and who desnt want a mermaid pokemon with an all powerfull voice, kingra to rep it, Poliwrath to pack a punch and finally starme to illuminate the darkest caves and psycicly move thing with its mind and camouflage / recover

Empoleon
Corsola
Piriama
Kingdra
Poliwrath
Starme

I would name it the river badge and it would look like two winding flowing streams to represent not only the river I loved so much as a child but the rainbow serpant who created all rivers here. it would have a rainbow shine over it for that, and dots up the middle to show the times of the year when the river is dry and it would have a line down the middle to represent the diffrance between rapid and gentle flowing water.

Nice water team, I'm a huge Kingdra fan

Mallow-

Youngster
[glow=green]I have two different answers to this: one be the Gym I may have run before I become a Guild Leader, and one be the one I may have now as leader of Team Aqua Guardians. And of the second, I do not yet have the team fully thought out, because Water Pokemon be too many :S [/glow]