I don't like your people sprites.

LordSyke

I always felt generation 3 had the worse character sprites out of all of the generations.

Think I could offer to make new sprites for your project? Maybe ones that resemble the Gameboy color generation but up sized and with a bit more detail and in many cases custom drawn? what do you think? cause I can't stand the way all the peeps look.

Attachments

• pkmnfemalesprite.png
    pkmnfemalesprite.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 6

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
We are aiming in a future client update to give players a choice of sprites to use for their appearance, with one plan being to offer sprites based on different generational appearances. The Playerdex already has support for this, but you can only change gender for now. This having been said, the PWO Client is also designed to be skinnable. It is perfectly possible for players to design and implement their own sprites locally on their own installed copies; and we fully encourage players to share their customisations here on the Forum for others to download and use as well, if they wish.

LordSyke

and another suggestion is how do I get the client to run when I have my DPI custom modded? It won't scale with the DPI. How do you scale it? is there anyway to make it so it can go full screen and it removes the dpi scale only while the game window is on? is there any way to launch it in a steam client that makes it work with my dpi by doing some steam resolution override when the thing goes big screen mode?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Do you have links to this?
The recommended place to share and discuss Client Customisations is the Client Skins subcategory in Artists.

and another suggestion is how do I get the client to run when I have my DPI custom modded? It won't scale with the DPI. How do you scale it? is there anyway to make it so it can go full screen and it removes the dpi scale only while the game window is on? is there any way to launch it in a steam client that makes it work with my dpi by doing some steam resolution override when the thing goes big screen mode?
Unfortunately, the PWO Client does not support DPI Scaling. Using a non-standard DPI setting causes several graphics within PWO to render incorrectly, causing many issues with both design and user interactivity. More recent releases of the client actively warn and block against usage of DPI Scaling for this very reason.

If you wish to play PWO in full-screen, you can always try the Fullscreen mode, available as an option on the login screen or by pressing Alt+Enter in-game. However, this may not work properly or at all on modern hardware or systems running Windows 10. If you try it and it doesn't work correctly, press Alt+Enter to switch back; and ensure "Window Mode" is ticked on the login screen next play. One other alternative is to adjust your Screen Resolution - if memory serves, PWO's window is very close to a standard 800x600 pixel size.

Last edited: