Event Hunting Event 2024: Sevii Islands Expedition

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Well, Captain, that sounds like a fun little challenge… but if you really want people to come up with the best loot, the PWO Staff and I have an idea to make things much more interesting…

Free Membership Bomb.png
You read that right! As a special gift, we've decided to give everyone free membership until the end of the event. So, while you're hunting the best IVs for your rare encounters, you can also enjoy an increased chance of finding a super-strong, alternately-coloured Shiny Pokémon!

Since I'm super-generous (and also quite busy next week), I'm actually sending out these gift bombs a little early. The free membership is live RIGHT NOW, and will last until the event's close at June 9, 2024 at 23:59.

Already have a membership?
Don't worry, we didn't forget about you! If you're one of the 49 players who currently have a membership that would still be active at the time the event begins, you have automatically been given a free seven-day extension. So if your membership was due to end on June 3rd, it will now last until June 10th, and so on. Consider it our thanks for being an avid supporter of PWO. ;)

Of course, while I've tested this very carefully, mass-producing thousands of gift bombs does bring challenges, even for a Gengar like me. If you were logged in at the time I posted this announcement, you may need to re-log for the extension to take effect. If anyone finds the free membership has not applied to their account, even after re-logging, please let a member of staff know immediately so that I or another member of Staff with Database access can check it out for you!

Mindless

Youngster
Question regarding eligibility - I noticed that bellossom and others aren't allowed. Does Exeggutor (berry forest) fall under not allowed as well since exeggcute can be found as a t2 on a separate map (bond bridge)? This is the same situation with bellossom, being found only at memorial pillar naturally. Teddi and Ursa can both be found on the same map so that makes sense.

Paldia

The free membership has not applied to my account

Last edited:

Sushikraver

The Good Samaritan
Staff member
Community Guide
Question regarding eligibility - I noticed that bellossom and others aren't allowed. Does Exeggutor (berry forest) fall under not allowed as well since exeggcute can be found as a t2 on a separate map (bond bridge)? This is the same situation with bellossom, being found only at memorial pillar naturally. Teddi and Ursa can both be found on the same map so that makes sense.
Exeggutor would be allowed as a T3 submission if it was captured in Berry Forest. The rule with the lowest available tier applies to evolution lines on the same map. We could distinguish the tiers based on the map the Pokémon was captured on barring the "not allowed" group.

Bellossom was mistakenly not allowed in Memorial Pillar because we (I) forgot Skiploom does not evolve into Bellossom. So will remove it from the “not allowed” list. Thanks for the catch!

I hope that clears things up.

Last edited:

DH94

Youngster
Do I actually have to say that I am in? xD

thunderclap

Youngster
That's the recommended method. The alternative is a screenshot of its Playerdex summary page, like this:
View attachment 8766
...But, since you can enable the summary screen to appear as soon as you catch a Pokémon with /pkmnsummary true, it may well be easier to just use the in-game screenshot

Don't forget, you must also show the Pokémon in-game to a Staff member listed on the first post, too!
This method doesn't show the caught map so I don't think it's sufficient. This is an issue for example because Aipom is Tier 4 on some maps in Sevii and Tier 3 on others.

Cleveland

Youngster
This method doesn't show the caught map so I don't think it's sufficient. This is an issue for example because Aipom is Tier 4 on some maps in Sevii and Tier 3 on others.
Very good point, i forgot about that too

civilian

I have never never been good student in my life and the school of pokemon did not change either. I joined the ultimate test of pokemon trainer a little later than most my friends and here i am handing in my result before everyone else. While this was a good chance for some trainers to test themselves to catch the better pokes, and for others a serious battle to win over everyone for the best prizes, it became solely a distraction from life for me, a little break, a simple pause.... *throws paper on teacher's desk and walks away*

See y'all next time nerds!

Cool dinosaur edit: I got all t4 pokes there, taking me to 4000pts. i see no need to count the IV totals as i don't see myself fighting for top3 spot

Civilian.png

Last edited: