How to Prevent and Report Hacking and Scamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
You need to have the ID's of your pokes. I am sure you know how to view them on the Playerdex, if you have lost a pokemon in a hack or scam and do not know the ID i am not sure of a way to get the poke back or have proof that it belonged to you.

A

Avaicus

I found this site when surfing,... thought it would be important that the accounts got banned.

Deleted link for safety -Stank

G

I'm sure this is a helpful guide and I hate to say this but every time I log on it says 'this account is logged on a different server", but I honestly doubt someone hacked my account like that because I just started playing and my password...Well it's not even a real word, I doubt someone hacked me, so why can't I get on?

SoonA

I want to ask two question:

1. If I want to send tokens for a people, I have to donate to my account first or donate right straight to his account / ID

2. When I sell tokens, I should receive ingame money first or send them tokens first? If I have sent them tokens but they didnt trade me the ingame money, are there anyway for me to receive my lost tokens back?

Thanks! O0

Stank

Youngster
SoonA said:
I want to ask two question:

1. If I want to send tokens for a people, I have to donate to my account first or donate right straight to his account / ID

2. When I sell tokens, I should receive ingame money first or send them tokens first? If I have sent them tokens but they didnt trade me the ingame money, are there anyway for me to receive my lost tokens back?

Thanks! O0
You donate to them. Once the tokens are on your account they can not be traded so make sure to donate to their account.

It is common practice for the person selling tokens to go first. It is easier to tell if it's not a scam if they trade first

Cabeceia

Daqnny is a scammer!!

Daqnny is a scammer. He says that hes selling tokens but he isnt, he ask to pay him to give me the tokens after that, i pay him the tokens and he runs away and ignored me on the chat. He stole me 3.2 milions. Help me pls

Tombradyrocks

Hello members of PWO. I've been seeing a lot of scamming especially involving tokens recently so I thought I'd give some tips and hope that it saves at least a few members from getting scammed.

1. When someone offers to trade you tokens for money or pokes, do a /info of their name in game. From experience if a player with 15 hours played and no membership offers to trade you some tokens for one of your nice UC's or shinies you should be very wary of them. Obviously you can't be sure if they are a scammer or not based on this, but trading new accounts is risky. A vet who pays for membership and has 500 hours played isn't as likely to risk their account scamming you, although it could happen.

2. Before trading tokens or trading someone for tokens, check the token issues thread. If they are already reported by someone else thats a pretty clear sign not to trade them. This saved me getting ripped of by someone offering 20 tokens for one of my shinies a few days ago.

3. If they are offering you tokens, demand that they give you the tokens up front. This way they can't merely run off with your money/pokemon and never actually donate. If they're trying to scam you and you ask for them up front, they'll generally just leave the pm window :D

4. If you are looking into doing daycare, do it with someone who is trusted. There are lots of trusted daycares here on the forums. If someone posts in the trade chat "daycaring S Rares" they are probably trying to steal your pokemon. It sounds obvious but I see people fall for these kind of things all the time. Also if a person wants to daycare in game /info them. If they don't have high level pokes or membership they are either one bad day-care of a scammer.

5. Lastly if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There is some sort of a weird hack, which hasn't been used all that much but is very dangerous, that actually changes the stats of the other persons poke in the trade window. Once you get the poke, the stats will have changed. This even happened to me once, and I didn't have screenshots since the stats were correct in the trade window. Always take screenshots :D Also I find shopping on the forums is a little safer as well. If someone were to try to scam you on there, there would be evidence of it on there for everyone to see.

Hopefully this helps some people out, I'm unhappy with how often it seems like people are falling for easy scams on here. Sorry if some of this is a little obvious or repeating something else on the topic, just trying to help out :p

Saric

Youngster
.Blaze_Ot said:
ill be sure to remember this.Is hacking and scamming common in PWO?
Scamming can be if you're not careful.
Hacking not really. You usually have to click on a bad link or something in order to.
General rule of thumb(s):
Don't enter in your game information anywhere other than playerdex and other things affiliated with pwo
Always be wary with trading and tokens. It's best to keep token selling/daycares etc with people from the forums.

Naero

AhmadJordanMaster said:
i have my poks id
cant i get them back??

Technically, more than the Pokemon IDs is required for a Pokemon for it to be declared as a scammed Pokemon, and returned to your account. Although they can trace the allocation of the Pokemon with the IDs, they also need context; without evidence of the trade agreement to testify that the Pokemon was lost via a scam, the backstory behind its allocation is a blind spot to them, tbus it can't be assumed that it was a scammed Pokemon off of the trade logs alone.

It's more crucial to be proactive and take screenshots of a loose-ended trade (token trade, daycaring, etc...), as explained in the OP.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
AhmadJordanMaster said:
i know the guy who took my poks and i have picture for the id and the pokemon......what to do after that??

You report that person with the evidence in the Community Watch section. :)

Grivin

Youngster
hello, is there anyway to know pokemon real stats when trading to avoid stat scammer like these :

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=18499

and

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=18992

Naero

Grivin said:
hello, is there anyway to know pokemon real stats when trading to avoid stat scammer like these :

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=18499

and

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=18992

The Pokemon's stats should be displayed in the second trade window, during the transaction. Thus, it's crucial to have a keen eye on the trade window, to verify the Pokemon's stats.

Grivin

Youngster
thanks naero, so the poke will have its actual stats on the 2nd trade window?

Zzjhay

Sir why The information stats in Trade is .. not real
.. after the trading.,
Annoying.. >.<

Attachments

• pwo.png
    pwo.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,171

elreal

Hello. Yesterday my account was hacked. Stole all Shiny , HR pokes and money. what do I do?

Roschach96

I've been hacked, I did'nt make any screenshots about the pokemons, I didn't login to the game sbout 6 months ago, I was at a route after I finished the Johto league and I trained my level 50 or 60 Arcanite, I stopped playing. Nowadays I login, and I'm surprised that 'm in Kanto and I don't have my level 50-60 Arcanite and I didn't find another about level 90 Arcanite and my strongest pokemon a level 99 Alakazam.
I know that It's hard to find it with these informations, but please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.