How to Increase PWO's Population,

spotheals

ABSTRACT:
The economy is distracting the players from engaging in battles with one another in Player Vs Player, (PVP), using the Pokemon they have acquired in the game of world of "Pokemon World Online" through Trading or Encountering. By limiting chances of encountering an effective Pokemon in the wild it is limiting the casual players ability to effectively take part in PVP. By limiting the casual players ability to effectively take part in PVP you are limiting the interest of people to PVP. Without the thrill of being able to effectively participate in PVP battles Casual players will lose interest in buying Pokemon from the economy which will cause the player to lose interest in PWO all together. Increasing the Shiny encounter chance of Pokemon in the wild periodically will increase the Participation by all types of players in the game which will increase the desire to play PWO.

===============
PWO ESSAY
By ~Spotheals~
06/17/2015
===============

When the in-game characters walk through a specific type of terrain they have the chance of Encountering a Pokemon. Shiny Pokemon have very good stats overall and are desired by all players. The chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon and and finding one that is horribly rare are so incredibly insignificant its hardly worth the trouble of searching for them.

Pokemon can also be obtained by trading other players for other Pokemon, items, or currency of Pokedollars and tokens, where tokens are obtained through donations or trade. However, trading requires the person who wants to obtain something of value to have a thing of value themselves and without the ability of encountering a shiny or horribly rare Pokemon in the wild will cause the casual player to have no ability to obtain Pokemon of value which ultimately reduces the chances a casual player will continue to play PWO.

Another method to obtain Pokemon is through donating to the server directly which awards Tokens which can be used to purchase Pokemon from the website directly providing an automated deposit of a randomly generated Pokemon into the players inventory. This method of acquiring Pokemon requires the player to have money in order to acquire valuable Pokemon causing the server to be a "play to win" server, which is a server that requires you to pay money to be able to play effectively, which also limits the casual players playing rate and the potential of having them tell their friends about PWO, limiting the over potential population growth of the server.

The Pokemon encounters are the best method for players obtain their Pokemon with the potential of finding an incredibly rare Pokemon and shiny Pokemon. The shiny and incredibly rare Pokemon are the hardest Pokemon to find, taking literally days without encountering a single desired Pokemon. The encountering of a wild Pokemon should be the most practical way to obtain shiny and horribly rare Pokemon. Searching for Pokemon and gaining a reward from a few days of searching makes the catch much more satisfactory. When searching for days with no reward the player will become fatigued in their interest of acquiring Pokemon causing PWO to lose their audience and contributors and ultimately reducing the growth and retention of its servers population.

Pokemon world online Stand a much greater chance of survival and revitalization of the servers population by increasing the chances of encountering the Horribly rare and Shiny Pokemon. The increase in finding a shiny and horribly rare Pokemon will shift the economies power back into the hands of the casual players removing the power of the Economic titans which are ruling the economy stifling the growth of the casual player. By increasing the casual player's ability to join the Economy we will increase the casual players desire to remain a player of Pokemon world online and the potential of the player bringing friends to partake in their wealth.

Saric

Youngster
This is a great sentiment and all, but by increasing the HR and shiny chance would also increase it for everyone else. Flooding the economy with pokes that would otherwise be difficult to obtain. While I do agree that the HR chance can be absolutely absurd, the shiny chance should not be touched. It is fine as it is.

spotheals

While I do agree that the HR chance can be absolutely absurd, the shiny chance should not be touched. It is fine as it is.

I agree completely, The shiny chance could remain the same but just increasing the HR chance for encounters would be a Good idea.

The-Predator

Youngster
There will be no changes at all, I know many players with incredible stats pokemon, they never participate in PVP, they are mostly collectors and have no interest in battling, you born being a battler, you can not being turned into one, if it is not your nature.

Saric

Youngster
Almighty-KP- said:
There will be no changes at all, I know many players with incredible stats pokemon, they never participate in PVP, they are mostly collectors and have no interest in battling, you born being a battler, you can not being turned into one, if it is not your nature.
I think you're taking pokemon a tad bit too seriously if you really think that you have to be born a pokemon battler, don't you?

HOF69

Almighty-KP- said:
you born being a battler, you can not being turned into one, if it is not your nature.

Is that so? Then please do explain why I was not a battler for the first 3 years that I played PWO (I was a hunter/collector). Since I wasn't a battler when I started playing this game, I guess I wasn't "born" into being one. But considering where I am now, I must have "turned into one" at some point. I guess that disproves your theory.

The-Predator

Youngster
Well, I am saying this because I have seen so many collectors that have never turned into a battler, I dont know any other person that has been this way, maybe they have tried but they are not becoming that good battlers, I did not know you were this way HOF though, maybe you were discovering what pokemon was 3 years ago?, I mean when I started playing pokemon back then when I had the yellow verison, all was about "gotta catch ´em all", It was till later when I played sapphire, ruby and emerald versions for GB advance when I found out, I was "born" to be a battler, I mean it, you can see ingame, some of the richest players in PWO, they have awesome stats pokemon, you have never seen them battling, or you did not even know they have such pokemon because they only play to collect, Maybe you both missunderstood my point, but even if you give them HR pokemon to find easier or even give them HR pokemon as commons, they will not battle, Battling is not a thing of interest for many pokemon players/fans.

A more clear example is, guys that likes cars, some guys likes to collect them, some others likes races, maybe a collector guys would like to get a racing car, not for a race but for their collection, but it is expensive, decreasing car´s price will not turn the collector into a racer, collector will get it but it will be one more car for their collection not to really use the car´s potential.

Saric

Youngster
I think it's your wording that's a little confusing. You don't get born into having specific likes or hobbies. You eventually invest some time in it and discover that you enjoy it. Which is entirely different.

Even someone who didn't like it much before can find they enjoy it after spending some time in that field/hobby/etc. You aren't just magically born into it.

But this is getting incredibly offtopic and I see what you're getting at so we should probably just leave it here :)