Hello from Ireland :)

PkmnTrnrDaisy

New adult player here. So what's this game like, is it active enough? I'll be playing it soon but I just thought it'd be nice to hear from other more experienced players what this game is like to play. I'm mainly just worried about whether or not it will feel like an MMO.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Greetings from another part of Great Britain ;)

I wouldn't worry too much about PWO feeling too large or overwhelming; the playerbase these days is far smaller than our pre-2017 heyday and only really troubles a hundred players online at the same time during large events, like the current Halloween event. So you likely won't notice many other players if you aren't going out of your way to interact with them; but the community we have is fairly tight-knit and generally quite friendly and helpful with one another.

That being said, we aren't resting on our laurels either. While PWO may seem quiet right now, rest assured us Staff are continuing to work on all sorts of things behind the scenes and hope to introduce some major permanent content to the game in the near future ;)

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
Greetings, Daisy!

Welcome to our community! Since you're an adult player and a Pokemon Fan, probably your childhood was surrounded by Pokemon games. The nostalgic feeling is one of the greatest part of this game, in addition to the amazing player community we have, of course.

No doubts that you'll enjoy PWO. Hope seeing you soon in Pokemon World!

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
New adult player here. So what's this game like, is it active enough? I'll be playing it soon but I just thought it'd be nice to hear from other more experienced players what this game is like to play. I'm mainly just worried about whether or not it will feel like an MMO.
Think of if the pokemon world was real and you lived in a small town in it, that sums up PWO, we don't have a large playerbase currently but what we lack in quantity of players, we make up for in quality.

Off the top of my head I can only think of maybe 3 people who could be considered the undesirable type and I've been here since 2016, so I would say the community is pretty remarkable.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Best of luck and I hope you enjoy your time here. Welcome to PWO!