Hardcoreh's Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Predator

Youngster
narutofoxLT said:
Any possibility when you release new client (2.0), that client will support: 8 ways walking, surfing, riding; Abilities; Natures; Pokemon name change; Happiness; Multi-evolutions; Hold items trade evolutions; multi layers for maps and etc?

Not sure but i guess thats the plan, otherwise why we would need a different client if everything would be the same??, well i gues new client wont cover all of the things u r asking but i guess most of em but lets wait on hardcoreh´s answer

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
KPyppo said:
narutofoxLT said:
Any possibility when you release new client (2.0), that client will support: 8 ways walking, surfing, riding; Abilities; Natures; Pokemon name change; Happiness; Multi-evolutions; Hold items trade evolutions; multi layers for maps and etc?

Not sure but i guess thats the plan, otherwise why we would need a different client if everything would be the same??, well i gues new client wont cover all of the things u r asking but i guess most of em but lets wait on hardcoreh´s answer
Not everything you've mentioned is actually to do with the client, narutofox. Some of those are either completely or require addition of server-sided code. Nevertheless, what KPyppo said is correct, to a point. The rationale of building a new client is to give us means by which we CAN further expand the game in the future, by having something we can constantly adapt for future additions, changes or enhancements.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Jinji said:
KPyppo said:
narutofoxLT said:

Not everything you've mentioned is actually to do with the client, narutofox. Some of those are either completely or require addition of server-sided code. Nevertheless, what KPyppo said is correct, to a point. The rationale of building a new client is to give us means by which we CAN further expand the game in the future, by having something we can constantly adapt for future additions, changes or enhancements.
I know point of this new client, but wanted to know which features will be added in this and which ones not.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
If I recall right, the plan is to have a working new client first so don't be expecting any new features. The aim is to have a platform to start from.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Bluerise said:
If I recall right, the plan is to have a working new client first so don't be expecting any new features. The aim is to have a platform to start from.
Thanks for answer, but I two features will be add: multi layers for maps and I think multi evolutions too, but who knows what will come.

Merse

Youngster
narutofoxLT said:
Thanks for answer, but I two features will be add: multi layers for maps and I think multi evolutions too, but who knows what will come.
I think if you wouldn't have mentioned it, they would have completely forgot about them.... Feel the sarcasm, please

Hardcoreh

These have been added:
- Implemented all NPC sprites.
- All NPCs have now their correct spriteset.
- NPC titles.
- NPC collision checking.

Hardcoreh

CheckeredZebra said:
- NPC collision checking.

So no more NPCs walking through fences or on water? Sweet. =D
Not exactly, maybe I should have been a bit more specific. What I meant was that you can't walk through the NPCs as a controllable player.
The NPCs don't walk yet although I have already implemented what you were asking.

Atreides

Hello, Hardcoreh. HitmonFonty advised to me reposting some little ideas here from this post: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?pid=270613#pid270613 (1st & 2nd points). Probably, they will interest you. I wouldn't like to repeat, but I would like to explain some details, which were discussed in that topic.
About info-command: any player will be able to check info about other players irrespective of location, as we can do right click not only on a figure of the player, but also on nickname in chat or in the list of nicknames.
About backpack: I don't suggest to add new tabs or to mix old tabs, to mix potions and items or something like that. No. I suggest to divide items on constant and disposable in an existing tab. Now, when I buy some TMs / escape rope / stones / etc, this items often settle down in the list randomly. As example, some TMs go on the top of the list, some - go down. Probably in the future it will be possible to order items. For example, first of all constant popular items like surf, bike, rod, and only then, under them, disposable "one-time" items. Thanks for attention :)

Hardcoreh

Well, I'm still alive and I hope you all had a great year :)
While it is a bit soon to say, I wish you all a happy and healthy new year once again.

Updates:
- Implemented NPC interacting (player has to face towards NPC before interacting).
- Face NPC to player when interacting.
- Implemented NPC dialog interface with descriptions.
- Implemented NPC dialog interface with clickable options.
- Implemented NPC dialog interface with keyboard input. (buying amount of items)
- Implemented exclamation sprite when NPC can/wants to battle.
- NPC walking (walks and then 'talks' to player when it wants to battle).

Merse

Youngster
Thanks for the updates Hardcoreh.
Happy new year to you too :)

PhantomsCV

How much is left (I know a lot) but if you were to give a Percentage of completion where would we be at?

Hardcoreh

PhantomsCV said:
How much is left (I know a lot) but if you were to give a Percentage of completion where would we be at?
It's hard to give you an estimate in percentage. But the main functionality that is still left to do is pretty much:

- Battle system
- PCbox storage
- Chatting
- Online list
- Inventory
- Map
- PMing
- Evolution system
- Item usage
- Pokédex

And probably some other things I can't think of right now.
Not to mention sub functionality such as shadows and water reflection.
There's still quite alot to do but we will get there eventually ;)

Grivin

Youngster
Hardcoreh said:
PhantomsCV said:
It's hard to give you an estimate in percentage. But the main functionality that is still left to do is pretty much:

- Battle system
- PCbox storage
- Chatting
- Online list
- Inventory
- Map
- PMing
- Evolution system
- Item usage
- Pokédex

And probably some other things I can't think of right now.
Not to mention sub functionality such as shadows and water reflection.
There's still quite alot to do but we will get there eventually ;)

Even though monthly update would be awesome if possible, thankyou for your update hardcoreh.. by knowing ure still doing your best for us, thats really something.. thankyou once again and
Jinji said:
Keep up the good work, Hardcoreh.

Status
Not open for further replies.