Guilds are getting a Boost

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hello

Following on from our changes to guild requirements back in August - we wanted to introduce further changes to guilds that would enhance Playerdex, Forums and Game. We're pleased to confirm the below changes are now live as part of our updates released earlier today. You can view my changelog for more details on some of the other changes.

Global Link

We've adjusted the level of discount guild members get between themselves from 9% to 10%. As well as this - for any guild members which have been a member for at least 90 days - they will get free guild transfers for your guild monthly anniversary (ie. if the guild they signed up to was created in March 2017 - they would get free transfers every March from 2018 as long as they've been a member for at least 90 days)

Guild Forums

Guilds now have their own private section of the Forums. It can be accessed by clicking on the 'Forums' link from Guild Hub or by just going to our Guild Subforum. Guild Forums can only be viewed between guild members and staff groups.

New guilds will automatically get their Forum generated. For any other guilds, a Forum will be generated upon clicking on the 'Create Forum' button from Guild Hub > Forum on Playerdex.

Map Boosts

Map Boosts are little benefits guild members can receive ingame. Current boosts available are:
  • Increased Shiny Rate - 1/7168 instead of 1/8192*
  • Higher Wild Pokemon levels - 15% increase on the average level
  • Higher PokeDollars drops - 15% increase on the current drop*
*These boosts will not benefit guild members with membership.

Guild leaders can choose a map and a boost from Guild Hub > Manage > Map Boosts on Playerdex. Once an map and boost has been chosen - this will remain live for up to 5 days. Once the 5 days is up, you can choose a boost for another map. Only 1 guild can have a boost for any 1 map at a time and not all maps can have a boost.

We hope these changes will help guilds to have something more to them.

Blue ~

Klay

Youngster
that's a good update (finally, members of dead guilds will go in active ones or do new ones), but i have a question
can a guild leader choose the same map again and again?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
that's a good update (finally, members of dead guilds will go in active ones or do new ones), but i have a question
can a guild leader choose the same map again and again?
They'll have to choose a different map. They can only choose the same map again once they've had another map.

The-Joker

thx for good work.

you could add monthly championship ranking with prizes for the first three guilds of the month.

Access to maps with new Pokémon exclusive to the tournament during a month, new eggs pokemon, items or TM, anyone.

and of course the winning guilds would not participate in the next month.

This would bring a greater flow of battles and competition in the game.

justme1306

Youngster
how is the boost so far guys? is there a really big difference? just curious :)

Klay

Youngster
Tho MS is still better AND gives exp and cashdrop boost

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Membership perks will always have the most generous advantages. What Guild Perks allow you is to offer your loyal members, who can't afford or do not wish to donate to PWO, a smaller advantage as a thank you for being with you. Of course, if you expect most of your guildmates will get or already have membership anyway, you can always just opt for the Higher Wild Pokemon levels guild perk, which applies to everyone in the Guild ;)

whisMEAT

Youngster
Membership perks will always have the most generous advantages. What Guild Perks allow you is to offer your loyal members, who can't afford or do not wish to donate to PWO, a smaller advantage as a thank you for being with you. Of course, if you expect most of your guildmates will get or already have membership anyway, you can always just opt for the Higher Wild Pokemon levels guild perk, which applies to everyone in the Guild ;)
agreed. in given numbers of players membership should ,perhaps must, be the utmost advantage

Crysgan

Hello, PWO staff.

I tried to boost some maps, like cerulean cave, safari maps, but i don´t have that options.

Can anyone tell me if it's normal or if is just a bug

Klay

Youngster
I doubt you can choose safari maps (nor any kind of maps you'd need money to enter them). For Cerulean Cave, it's more likely already chosen by another guild.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
You can choose safari just not johto safari. Seems quite a few places are missing so not sure if its intentional or a bug, like cianwood and ruins of alph.