Guild feature

DarthDurnam

your guild can pay for a "Transportation VIP Status"

everyone in this guild can then ride the transportation system for free

now praise me on my great idea

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Why? That would just make the rich guilds more popular, they're already popular enough. I prefer the idea where guilds can hold control of cities instead and gain benefit off of them. Or maybe allow guilds with extraordinary achievements a temporary pass through the transport system. Say Blaze won the next guild war, why not have the staff present them with a key to the transport system for a quarterly period until the next guild event? Just ideas based on previous discussions.

Tecknician

I suggest players move off of the idea of staff giving prizes for events not ran by the staff themselves.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
well, that still leaves the guild controlled city. How about a guild quest idea where we compose a list of arduous achievements a guild must complete which, after completion will unlock the transport system to the guild for free use. This list should require nearly everyone's assistance in the guild (everyone that's active) and take a significant amount of time to complete.

mad30

Youngster
i dont think just because we found 1 good idea (which was also also mine (btw im theonlymadskilzs just logged into that account yesterday because of habbit before mad30 was always logged into the forums when i came back was logged out and use to logging into theonlymadskilzs because of the game sorry sidetracked)) ... just because we found 1 good idea doesnt mean we shouldnt also think of others incase:

a) the preferred idea cant be used/implemented
b) other ideas can lead to preferred idea becoming better
c) we can implement smaller ideas that makes the game better until the better ideas are possible

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Well I'm not opposed to other ideas if the better ones aren't possible currently, but there's no way for me to tell what the limits of the server are since I'm not staff or a programmer. I thought discussion was the way that ideas come out, expression of opinion leading to mutual understanding. There's almost always a way to combine ideas and have them come together, like with b. C sounds like patches to me, which can do more damage than anything in some cases.

My major disagreement with the original idea, I'll say again, is that it mostly benefits the guilds with more wealth. This is something I'm generally against as having money shouldn't have any extra benefits in the game more than it already does, and there should be an equal opportunity for everyone to enjoy the benefits especially when it comes to something guilds. I'd love to hear alternate views though.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
Well I'm not opposed to other ideas if the better ones aren't possible currently, but there's no way for me to tell what the limits of the server are since I'm not staff or a programmer.
Just suggest what you think would be good, don't worry about if it can or can't be done and if it seems reasonable then there would be more disussion about it.

mad30

Youngster
i fail to see how bigger guilds shouldnt have benefits... they should imo, as well as repercussions, but thats for another topic