Full-Screen Tutorial for PWO (Easy - 2 Minutes) *New version works for everybody*

MT4k

Website
tanalin.com
@rajin100000: Did you start IntegerScaler (the app that performs scaling itself)? The current version of the tutorial (starting message of this thread) seems to lack a corresponding step. So between steps 6 and 7, there should be something like:

6A. Start IntegerScaler.

Consider using a shorter step sequence I provided in my comment.

rajin100000

I started IntegerScaler but nothing happened. It didn't open. And I added a 32-bit shortcut instead of 64 bits because I use 32 bit OS.

MT4k

Website
tanalin.com
@rajin100000 IntegerScaler’s user interface is a system-tray icon that Windows might hide by default by moving it to the arrow-up-button menu. Regardless of this, IntegerScaler is running and Alt+F11 does work.

rajin100000

It just opens the windows into full-screen (not fully, but bigger than normal) and then returned to its previous state. And when it turns into full-screen, it also maximizes the desktop screen (desktop can be seen behind PWO as it doesn't cover full screen).

MT4k

Website
tanalin.com
Not sure what you mean. What is Windows? (Only one window — the active/focused one — is scaled.) What is desktop screen?

What is your screen resolution? What is the resolution of the game? Did you add the -f -cc (-f is crucial) command-line options to the IntegerScaler’s shortcut before starting IntegerScaler? If you did not, and the native/logical resolution ratio is lower than 2.0, the only result would be centered unscaled image surrounded by black background.

After changing command-line options in the IntegerScaler’s shortcut, don’t forget to restart IntegerScaler if it’s already running.

The game must operate in windowed mode, not full-screen mode. IntegerScaler scales the game window and makes it pseudo-full-screen.

thunderclap

Youngster
-Load IntegerScaler using your shortcut
-Run PWO, and click on PWO to focus it
-Press Alt-F11

It sounds like you had another window in focus so it got enlarged instead of PWO.

I edited the instructions. Someone else got confused with this missing step also so it's not just you :).

Last edited:

thunderclap

Youngster
IntegerScaler 2.18 released today!!

2.18 (2021-09-25)
  • Support for cropping and aligning with command-line options -crop (-c) and -align (-a) correspondingly.
  • Taskbar is now hidden if it would otherwise overlap scaled window.
Check https://tanalin.com/en/projects/integer-scaler/ for more detailed usage instructions of new features.

Not immediately sure how these new functions can be used for PWO, but maybe it will be helpful for somebody. Thanks @MT4k !!

thunderclap

Youngster
I've tried everything and still get black bars. I typed -f -cc right.
Edit: NOTE: If you run PWO and it just adds black borders instead of stretching to Full Screen, you likely messed up Step 5. Ensure the "-f -cc" is correct as above, then close IntegerScaler and reopen with the fixed shortcut. You will find IntegerScaler on your taskbar by the clock (or press the little arrow to show it if it's hidden).
Try closing and reopening IntegerScaler with your fixed shortcut.

MT4k

Website
tanalin.com
For what it’s worth, I decided for convenience, to provide the latest version of IntegerScaler as a Zip archive additionally to 7z archive (7z is still the default option, and previous versions are still 7z-only). Already done for IntegerScaler 2.18: see the text link after the main download link/button.

eternatus

You don't need to exit your current PWO game to fullscreen it!!! Interruption-free mod below!

After the below is set up, all you have to do is run IntegerScaler and press Alt-F11 to toggle full-screen on and off in PWO.

View attachment 7094

On the next screen press Extract. Make sure "Show extracted files" is checked.
View attachment 7117

2. Right-click IntegerScaler_64bit.exe, pick "Send to", then pick "Desktop (create shortcut)".

View attachment 7115

3. Right-click your new IntegerScaler shortcut and select "Properties".
View attachment 6397

4. At the end of the 'Target' line, add "-f -cc". (The -f puts it in automatic fractional scaling mode, and the -cc ensures your mouse cursor stays in bounds).
View attachment 6521

5. Click Apply and OK.

6. Run IntegerScaler using your shortcut. Open PWO and click on the PWO window to focus it.

7. Press Alt+F11 to toggle full screen.

Edit: NOTE: If you get black borders instead of Full Screen, you likely messed up Step 4. Ensure the "-f -cc" is correct as above, then close IntegerScaler and reopen with the fixed shortcut.
View attachment 7052
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Works perfectly. So easy. Tested on Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Note: The "Aero" feature (on, by default) must be enabled in Windows settings.

Note: if you have multiple screens, it still works great on monitor 1, but it messes up your display on your other screens, unfortunately. Saving grace for this is it's easy to instantly toggle between fullscreen and windowed, and your 2nd screen returns back to normal with 0 delay. It does not reposition your icons or any other adverse effects.

View attachment 6564
doesn't work with me, becuse my windowa it's 11

MT4k

Website
tanalin.com
doesn't work with me, becuse my windowa it's 11
IntegerScaler is compatible with any Windows, including Windows 7 and newer. Didn’t test specifically under Windows 11, but there is no reason for it not to work under Windows 11. The underlying Windows magnification API is the same regardless of the Windows version.

What exactly does happen when you press Alt+F11 when the game is running in windowed mode and the game window is active/focused (and of course IntegerScaler is running too)?

Last edited:

Cleveland

Youngster
Got an interesting question...

Is there a way to do the opposite...ie...to make the PWO screen smaller instead of bigger? While keeping the scaling?

thunderclap

Youngster
Last edited: