Full Screen Resolution and Windowed Mode

Shindoku90

Hello,

Some of you may have heard me earlier asking about Fullscreen Resolution and the Windowed Mode issue in help chat IG. I have seen the other threads, but they dont seem to work.

Im trying to get the resolution to recognize windowed mode.

It doesn't seem like Alt+Enter works (tried on the login screen, and managed to login, but the Message of the Day window is too big to press the X on the right side of the screen.) There are no changes when pressing Alt+Enter.

I've attempted to check the box with windowed mode on and off, along with logging in, and logging completely out. It doesnt seem the game is saving the changes.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the client, and get rid of the PWO files.

If it means anything, the CPU im running it on is a Windows 10, and the cpu is using dual monitors. It seems to do the same on both monitors. The main monitor is an Insignia TV. I did get some kind of message about the DPI settings, but I tried messing with those, didnt seem to change anything. Is there any way to purge the client to go to default resolution? Or any other workarounds/fixes?

Klay

Youngster
The full-screen doesn't work with Windows 10, and there's nothing you can do to make it works :/ (over than changing the client script maybe?)

Shindoku90

Klay said:
The full-screen doesn't work with Windows 10, and there's nothing you can do to make it works :/ (over than changing the client script maybe?)

Thats what I figure, though Im trying to find a way to make it the original windowed mode resolution, right now its stuck in full-screen and I cant revert it to windowed.

As far as script, Im not too savvy with that. X.x

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
It seems that PWO's use of DirectX 9 makes it exhibit unusual behaviour in Windows 10, with the game either failing to work correctly, using the wrong resolution, or not appearing as a window even though the default setting for the client is to use a Windowed Mode. Unfortunately, this is not something we are very likely to find a fix for.

I am curious about something though - have you installed a custom skin for PWO? PWO recently introduced a feature where skins can specify if the game should use a window border defined by the skin, or the standard Windows border, and I'm curious whether using a different setting will have an effect on how Windows 10 treats the application. The Default PWO skin includes the line "WindowLayout = Aero" in its settings file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online\Skins\Default\Settings.ini), which tells PWO to use Windows' own controls instead of a custom one. Perhaps you could try removing this line, or attempting to use a different skin, and see whether it helps anything?

Shindoku90

Jinji said:
It seems that PWO's use of DirectX 9 makes it exhibit unusual behaviour in Windows 10, with the game either failing to work correctly, using the wrong resolution, or not appearing as a window even though the default setting for the client is to use a Windowed Mode. Unfortunately, this is not something we are very likely to find a fix for.

I am curious about something though - have you installed a custom skin for PWO? PWO recently introduced a feature where skins can specify if the game should use a window border defined by the skin, or the standard Windows border, and I'm curious whether using a different setting will have an effect on how Windows 10 treats the application. The Default PWO skin includes the line "WindowLayout = Aero" in its settings file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online\Skins\Default\Settings.ini), which tells PWO to use Windows' own controls instead of a custom one. Perhaps you could try removing this line, or attempting to use a different skin, and see whether it helps anything?

Initially, the resolution was correct/working, but when my brother had gone to try full screen, thats when we couldnt get it to revert. I had hoped to find some kind of thing to force the client to just start over completely (erasing files or forcing a certain resolution in a file, but does PWO have something like that?)

As far as skins, we havent tried those, but I can see if we can look into trying this. I didnt notice.there was a settings.ini file, I may  be able to find something there too.

Thanks Jinji! Ill let you know here if anything happens to work.

Shindoku90

Okay, so none of that worked.

HOWEVER I do have good news! My brother was trying some things out with the TV screen settings from the remote, and a setting that was turned on there happened to be messing with the default resolutions of the actual cpu resolution. Upon trying PWO again, it came up as per normal and things are fixed. :)