EXP For Not Even a Nibble

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I propose having the game give a pittance of fishing EXP for when we get "But there wasn't even a nibble!", say, 25 EXP or so. It would be nice to have the game acknowledge that we are trying to fish at least.

I don't think this request is too outrageous.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I propose having the game give a pittance of fishing EXP for when we get "But there wasn't even a nibble!", say, 25 EXP or so. It would be nice to have the game acknowledge that we are trying to fish at least.

I don't think this request is too outrageous.
I'm for this, I hate fishing because it seems like a waste of time with all the "no nibble" bs. I'll take some exp for my troubles! :D

Isguros

Youngster
And what's the purpose of this? Would a token amount of experience (the proposed amount being a bit higher than what you'd obtain if you hooked a Magikarp) that's merely a means to an end, which is being able to encounter Dratini and Politoed (and Shuckle), really ease the alleged pain of getting nibbles from time to time during that amount of time? And how would that pity experience affect you after you've reached a fishing level of 40 (which, to not complicate things, I assume both of you have done already), and have done everything there's need to be done fishing-wise?

shodan21

Youngster
fwiw, the max useful fishing level is actually 50, not 40 - theres an npc at lake of rage that requires 50 fishing to fight and spawns in CC B1F require 50 fishing as well.

my suggestion would be to remove that altogether or severely reduce it in all fishing areas - the annoying timegate on how often you can use the rod should be sufficient enough.

also, i dont think rygar's fishing level is actually that high...

whisMEAT

Youngster
requirements seems good to me . it makes sense to raise your level to certain extent and makes the game more journey like. annoying time is.....annoying and still makes sense.

Kaminari

fwiw, the max useful fishing level is actually 50, not 40 - theres an npc at lake of rage that requires 50 fishing to fight and spawns in CC B1F require 50 fishing as well.

my suggestion would be to remove that altogether or severely reduce it in all fishing areas - the annoying timegate on how often you can use the rod should be sufficient enough.

also, i dont think rygar's fishing level is actually that high...
If they did this with fishing, I would actually consider playing this game again. I think one of the severe detriments to the popularity of this game is how much time the proponents of the game have to spend on it vs new players looking to give it a try. If you don't leave any incentive for new players to get something they wanted, there's never going to be any growth. People will invariably have to go do something more rewarding with their time, rather than punish themselves through the trouble other players have willingly gone through.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Would a token amount of experience (the proposed amount being a bit higher than what you'd obtain if you *****d a Magikarp)
Can we please do something about the ridiculous censors LOL Iggy simply said "h00ked" yet if you were not aware of that, you would think he said something quite disturbing there. XD

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Can we please do something about the ridiculous censors LOL Iggy simply said "h00ked" yet if you were not aware of that, you would think he said something quite disturbing there. XD
That is quite hilarious, I will admit ^^

EDIT: Censors have been updated to be slightly less strict in this instance.

Last edited: